Hard Drive Cloning Software - What It Is and Why You Need It
- Author Maria Kurganova
- Published August 8, 2020
- Word count 760
Basically, disk cloning is the process of perfectly copying every bit of information from one computer hard drive to another disk. Often, the contents of the first disk are written to an image file as an intermediate step. The second disk is then created with the contents of the image.
What Is Disk Cloning Software?
Disk cloning software replicates a computer's OS, drives, software and patches. It eliminates the time-consuming technical process of manually reinstalling and reconfiguring a system so you can perform the following:
Reboot and restore a computer to an earlier version
Set up multiple computers with duplicate configurations
Upgrade hard drives to larger capacities or replace a damaged hard drive
Complete system recovery in the event of software problems or computer failure
Backup vs Disk Cloning Software
Okay, so of course I want to protect my data. Isn't that what backup software is for? Not entirely.
Full-image backup software and file/folder backup software are not the same as disk cloning software, though the reasons for using them may overlap.
Use backup software when you want to:
Back up individual files or folders to the cloud for offsite protection and remote access
Back up an entire computer periodically
Use cloning software when you want to:
- Duplicate the configurations of multiple computers so that each machine is identically set up
Set up one computer the way you want, clone the hard drive and then install the clone on each subsequent computer.
If you need to upgrade your computer hardware, simply popping in a cloned disk in the hardware may not work. You'll need to use some operating system setup features to make sure all the latest hardware is supported, or use a backup and recovery tool, such as Acronis True Image 2020 with Acronis Universal Restore, to support restoration of a disk to a computer with different hardware than the original computer.
The Benefits of Cloning Software
When compared to backup software, the biggest benefit of cloning software for most home computer users is that you have a complete image of your computer at a single point in time. For example, you may want to have the "perfect setup" for your family or office, with all applications and settings that you can use again at any time. The data files, such as Microsoft Word documents, photos and videos, can be on a separate hard drive or volume. This way, all the computers are in sync: they have the same programs and users will have the same experience regardless of which machine they use. But, each computer can hold different data. So, there may be different Word and Excel documents on each computer, but the Word and Excel versions and the user interface - how these programs are accessed - are the same on each computer.
Key Cloning Software Features
The best cloning software is:
Simple - Utilizes data migration to transfer data. Typically offers the easiest way to backup and restore your system. Make sure the drive cloning software is user-friendly and intuitive.
Efficient - Allows you to restore multiple computers simultaneously instead of spending hours configuring each computer individually.
Flexible - Offers options to define when, what, and where to backup your data.
Secure - Ensures your data is protected and safe using the most stringent security available.
The Best of Both Worlds: Acronis True Image
Most users require both backup and cloning solutions. Acronis True Image 2020, available for both PC and Mac, efficiently and securely provides continuous data protection while maximizing your computer's performance during backups and minimizing storage space requirements. With Acronis True Image, you have the benefit of disk backup and disk cloning tools, including flexible scheduling options, incremental imaging backup, the ability to choose what files and programs are backed up and a host of choices as to where to store your cloned-disk image.
All that and simple to use too. Even computer novices can use the easy-to-follow wizards guide through the set-up process. Once initial set-up is complete, the drive-cloning software runs automatically, eliminating any further time or effort.
Disk-cloning software is the perfect way to protect and manage your precious data. Local and cloud full-image and file-level backup just makes sense. Whether you have one home computer or a small business with multiple computers, Acronis True Image 2020 protects all your data on all your systems with one solution.
Take advantage of Acronis True Image 2020 and rest easy knowing your computer(s) and data are fully protected. Find more and get your free trial version at https://www.acronis.com/en-us/personal/computer-backup/ .
Maria Kurganova is a data recovery technician who regularly uses specialized software to protect her company's digital assets.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- White Knuckling: A Dangerous Lifestyle
- “The King Is Dead, Long Live The King”: How Online Casinos Will Replace Traditional Gambling
- What You Should Know About Stunning Firework Displays!
- HOW DOES ASTROLOGY HELPS IN BUSINESS
- HOW TO START MAKING MONEY ONLINE AS AN AFFILIATE MARKETER (BEGINNER FRIENDLY)
- Why Your Child Should Learn to Code
- Best Needable Gadgets in 2020
- What is Cosmetic Dentistry and Why Should You Get It?
- Replace The Negatives In Your Life With Positivity And Move Your Life Forward
- Composing an Education - Tips and Tricks
- 12 Best Text Classification Tools and Services
- The Importance of Natural Language Processing for Non-English Languages
- How To Increase Brand Awareness through Social Media Marketing
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Tips To Work From Home
- How To Do Affiliate Marketing For Newbies
- Proven Tactics in Affiliate Marketing - 7 Secrets to Be Apart from Other Many Competitors
- Secrets to Affiliate Millionaires - 6 Winning Attitudes for Super Affiliate Marketing Entrepreneur
- Work From Home Forever CAN AFFILIATE MARKETING REPLACE YOUR LOST INCOME?
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- How to Make Money on Fiverr In 5 Minutes
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE AS AN AFFILIATE MARKETER
- How To Choose Righteous Friends
- Coding for Kids: How It Can Benefit Your Child!
- World of Religions: Hinduism
- Interest in cash is falling - what's the next banknote?
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Why Should You Buy Tesla Stock Now?
- Everything To Know About Xanax
- Web Hosting Made Easy!