The Ancient Healing Practice of Acupuncture: Your Questions Answered
- Author Shailesh Gajjar
- Published September 10, 2020
- Word count 591
According to the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), health is determined by the balance of the life force, Qi or chi, in the body. It flows through the body via various points called “meridians”. When the opposing forces of Ying and Yang along with the five basic elements that make up the entire Universe, disrupt the flow of life force, it can lead to illnesses.
To ensure the general well-being of one’s health, the energy balance should be maintained. And, acupuncture is an ancient healing technique that sets out to do the same. It treats multiple illnesses of the mind and body by inserting tiny needles into the skin at certain points (acupoints). The aim is to remove congestion and ensure an adequate flow of energy throughout the body.
It is often said that acupuncture needles cause the body to release endorphins – body’s natural pain killers, and thus help in boosting the blood flow, enhancing brain activity, reducing pain and improving the overall health of the patient. From treating patients for chronic pain, acute pain, insomnia, indigestion, infertility to improving the conditions of those suffering from illnesses such as diabetes and dementia, acupuncture is recognized by Western medicine as an alternative healing practice.
Are Acupuncture Needles Safe to Use?
YES, acupuncture needles are safe to be administered on the patient's body. The US FDA considers acupuncture needles as medical equipment used by “trained professionals”. FDA holds them to the same standards as other medical devices. It means the acupuncture needles that come to the market need to be passed through rigorous quality checks and protocols.
Additionally, it is required by law to use single-use, disposable acupuncture needles. It avoids cross-contamination and reduces the chances of infections. Thorough disposable of acupuncture needles is also required by acupuncturists and TCM practitioners.
Does Acupuncture Hurt?
With the right technique and correct size of acupuncture needles, it rarely hurts. Often, the patients may feel little to no pain when the needles are inserted or removed from the body. In some cases, bleeding, bruising and soreness may persist for some time.
It is important to understand that certain acupuncture treatments include the use of lancet needles for removing blood by reopening the orifices. The blood-letting treatment is administered to let out “bad blood” generated in the body due to injury and certain kinds of fevers. The TCM practitioner will use the technique to eliminate congestion, maintain the balance of Qi, and remove pathogens from the blood.
Why go to a Licensed Acupuncture Practitioner?
First of all, not everyone can buy acupuncture needles. Online acupuncture wholesale supplies store and offline brick and mortar stores require you to have a practitioner's license to buy acupuncture needles. If a place is selling you acupuncture needles without requiring you to produce a license, it is a bit shady. Avoid buying needles from such a place because you cannot be assured of quality.
Acupuncture is a very precise healing technique that requires insertion of needles in specific points. If you insert the needles in a wrong way or keep them in the body for a long time, it can have adverse effects and lead to more imbalance of chi. Always have professional administering needles on your body.
A licensed, certified practitioner will be able to diagnose the underlying issue correctly. They have sufficient knowledge and required experience to understand the problem and solve it. So, you must choose a licensed TCM practitioner for effective healing.
Remember acupuncture is a safe treatment only when you choose a licensed professional.
A TCM practitioner is as good as his skills and tools. When you seek acupuncture treatment, choose a licensed acupuncturist, and make sure he uses the best acupuncture needles. Some of the best acupuncture supplies brands of 2020 include Seirin acupuncture needles and Silverstar acupuncture needles.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Everything To Know About Xanax
- Tramadol For Pain - Need To Know About Pain
- How do dangerous viruses like COVID-19 come about?
- 3 Complications of Untreated Sore Throat
- 8 Helpful Tips to Avoid Diabetes
- How To Increase Your Immunity With Top Immune Boosters
- Can CBD Help With Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain?
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak