Top Tips for Protecting Your Phone Against Water Damage
- Author Loveit Coverit
- Published October 5, 2020
- Word count 688
When it comes to mobile phone insurance, a leading concern for individuals across the globe is water damage – because, for most of us, it’s been an unwelcome reality. Whether it was our phone taking a dip in the ocean, the bathtub or the sink – it’s safe to say that liquid damage is a paramount concern when purchasing a new device.
Of course, many manufacturers are becoming savvy to this worry and are implementing designs to tackle it. And whilst this is a great step in the right direction, accidental falls, slips or dips can still be an inconvenience and hit our purse hard.
So, with this in mind, it’s important that we protect our phones to the best of our ability and, luckily, we have a few tips to help you on your way!
- Keep your phone away from the bathroom or the kitchen sink
We know, it’s a simple ask. But more often than not, these are the home zones that can pose the most risk to mobile users. And whilst these accidents may seem few and far between, they can still happen and your hindsight won’t be able to help you.
So, to avoid this being the case, keep your phone away from these rooms – and while you’re at it, avoid taking it to the pool, beach or any other public water zone. We know this might sound a tad dramatic, but consider the fact that 1 in 5 people have dropped their mobile device down the toilet and get back to us.
So, get into the mindset of assessing whether you really need your phone when going to certain locations. If no, then why take it?
- Re-evaluate your laundry habits
Washing your clothes can be a mundane and long-winded task at the best of times, so you won’t want to turn on the machine to realise that your mobile is in there also. Of course, more often than not this is just a mindless panic that resolves once you find your phone in your back pocket. Other times, you won’t be so lucky.
To ensure that you don’t have to experience that special kind of panic moving forward, check your pockets. Before placing any items into the washing machine, check that they’re not holding any valuables, receipts or pens. You’ll thank us in the long run!
- Find a case that works
Phone cases are designed to protect your phone from all kinds of disasters, so why buy one that doesn’t?
Investing in a waterproof design is always worthwhile – especially if you ignored our advice from step one. Additionally, these cases tend to be airtight and prevent water from getting in whilst ensuring you can still use your touchscreen – so you won’t have to pop your phone away every time the rain begins.
If that hasn’t convinced you, then consider the fact that they are available fairly cheaply!
- Use your headphones
Most manufacturers will provide you with headphones when purchasing a new phone and too often we forget to use them.
To avoid water damage, even damage that may seem minimal, you should try to use earphones, headphones or anything of the like when answering your phone in the rain - because whilst you won’t want to avoid a call, you also won’t want to come away with a hefty bill.
By using, or investing in, earphones you can take your calls but keep your phone safe and dry in the comfort of your pocket. Headsets such as this can be found with a fairly low price tag, but it’s important to consider that the quality of sound might vary in which case.
Taking small steps to reduce the risk of a water-based disaster is a fantastic way to care for your electronics. But unfortunately, accidents can, and do, still happen. With this in mind, it’s important to understand and assess the available insurance policies that will cover your device should any damage occur.
Luckily, these policies can often be found cheaply and offer the peace of mind you need.
loveit coverit are one of the largest specialist mobile phone and gadget insurers in the market, providing cover for almost 30 years. We are proudly partnered with leading global insurance provider AXA, together bringing high-quality insurance you can count on.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Build dual boot and multi-boot environments with a boot manager
- The necessary digitization of the economy and business
- Give your computer a boost with System Mechanic Professional
- Text Annotation Tools for Machine Learning Projects
- Should you choose MP4 or MKV format for your videos?
- Top 5 Best NUC PC for 2020
- Recover lost or damaged partitions with this freeware toolkit
- 9 Free PC Optimizer, Boost Gaming PC 300% Faster
- The Point of Sale Kiosks Are the Wave of the Future For All
- Protect your digital assets with drive image backup software
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 83?
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 12007?
- FINTECH TRENDS: AI, SMART CONTRACTS, NEOBANKS, INSURETECH, REGTECH, OPEN BANKING AND BLOCKCHAIN
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Remote Desktop vs VPN - Everything You Need To Know
- Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021
- How Mobile Phone Towers Could Help Monitor Rainfall in Developing Countries
- When to replace your smartphone battery
- 3 Ways KEYSERV Video Integrates with Zoom to Create a Seamless Recording Experience
- What is Product Categorization?
- The gilding process on the edge of the card, Zhanfeng smart card can be customized.
- Backyard Revolution Review
- Research Reveals How to Increase Your Workplace Performance with Remote Working
- Diagnose, repair, and optimize your PC with System Mechanic Trial
- FIFA 21 Release Date Leak - Will The Game Be Released On This Date?
- 12 Best Text Classification Tools and Services
- The Importance of Natural Language Processing for Non-English Languages
- Boost productivity with a single database development environment