Health Cover for Vector-Borne Diseases this Monsoon
- Author Ritesh Sharma
- Published October 17, 2020
- Word count 519
Each year, people from both urban and rural populations in India exhibit symptoms such as weakness, body ache, and fever. Generally, they display these symptoms at the start of the monsoon. But from the standpoint of medical science, these are the indicators of vector-borne diseases such as Chikungunya, Dengue, and Malaria.
Vector-borne diseases result from the action of vectors such as mosquitoes and fleas. They transmit disease-causing microbes, such as viruses and bacteria that cause these diseases.
Often, the expenses for the treatment of these diseases add up to a hefty amount of money. As a result, one’s finances can come under severe strain for the treatment of these diseases. Fortunately, though, you can get coverage against it by virtue of vector insurance.
Benefits of vector insurance
Apart from Chikungunya, Dengue, and Malaria, vector insurance also covers a wide range of diseases. These include Zika Virus, Filariasis, Encephalitis, and more.
The treatment cost for these diseases may range between Rs. 30,000, and Rs. 500,000. Both the upper and the lower limits of it are significant enough to wreak one’s finances, especially if one needs to bear it all of a sudden.
Vector-borne insurance bails a beneficiary out of the financial trouble for meeting the cost with the following benefits:
● Hospitalization benefits: Sometimes, hospitalization becomes necessary for the proper treatment of an individual when they suffer from one of the vector-borne diseases. The hospitalization benefits under vector insurance policy come to the rescue in such situations. These benefits provide coverage for charges for the ambulance, room rent, and daycare treatment. In addition, it also accounts for the ICU charges.
● Cover for medical expenses: This component offers coverage for hospitalization charges for a period of 30 days and the medical expenses arising thereafter for up to 60 days.
● Annual health check-up: This feature provides a comprehensive body checkup of an individual on a yearly basis to evaluate their health. This is important as it plays a vital role in the detection of vector-borne diseases due to which an individual also gets timely treatment.
● Cashless treatment cover: The beneficiary gets a health card using which they can avail cashless treatment in one of the hospitals in an insurer’s network. It enables them to receive quality treatment for a vector-borne disease without the worry of making the payment for it in cash.
● Automatic recharge of sum insured: This component can be termed as one of the hallmark features of a vector insurance policy. It reinstates the sum insured if the entire fund is used up in a year due to multiple claims. As a spin-off, this feature puts at bay the worry of running out of coverage due to multiple claims for the insured.
While the benefits mentioned above cover the significant part of the coverage of a vector insurance cover, it also provides some additional benefits such as no claim bonus and alternative treatment cover.
Given the commonness of vector-borne diseases in the monsoons in India, the diagnosis and on-time treatment are important for an individual. With the aforementioned benefits, a vector insurance policy can help you address both the needs.
There are no posted comments.
- How To Success With PPC Advertising
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #5 - Making Wiser Decisions Hiring HomeImprovement Contractors
- SEO Will Help You Increase Brand Awareness in 5 Ways
- Driving In 'The New Normal': 5 Key Things To Know
- These 6 Google Analytics Mistakes Should Be Avoided
- What to Ask Your Hawaii Contractor Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
- More content isn't necessarily better for Google rankings.
- Different Hand Tools Within a Dental Practice
- 5 Easy Upgrades To Make To Your Home
- What are the Major Benefits of Insulation?
- Why Should You Get Insulation for Your Home?
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #4 - Do We Give ‘Social Networks’ More Attention Than Our Homes?
- When Are Corporate and Personal Taxes Due in Canada in 2021?
- Why Insulation Is Essential Today
- We are teaching and saying…become your own business: Dr. Marcia Ann Coppertino
- Key Benefits of Insulation
- Home Decoration - Inexpensive Ways to Liven Up Your Rooms!
- What A Handyman Can Do For You
- Why Window Tinting Cars Is Beneficial
- Benefits of Customized Pressure Washing
- Black Girls in Crisis...What Ma'Khia Bryant's Death Reveals
- How Can Office Users And Commercial Real Estate Brokers Adapt To The New Future?
- Understanding The Benefits of Insulation
- Home Design - Brighten Up Your Environment
- Why Handyman Services Are Essential
- How To Lose Belly Fat (Backed by Science)
- When should we take a child to the dentist?
- Things to Know About Vape Oil Cartridge Boxes
- How to reduce weight by doing exercise at home?
- 10 Great Things To Do When Lockdown Ends