What is Social Entrepreneurship? Why is it important to have Social Entrepreneurs?
- Author Prakash Raje
- Published October 23, 2020
- Word count 850
The existence of Businesses relies on making profits and incorporates any residual concerns about social good as part of their normal profit seeking behavior.
All the Businesses and Business owners are concerned about social good as just being another imperative rather than the reason for their existence.
Generations of over two to three decades of capitalists aver that they do business for making profits alone and by extension, their businesses are creating social value.
No matter who or what anyone is, All of them have in common is a pervasive profit seeking behavior that places social concerns at the bottom despite the increasing tendency world over in order to make the corporate and business take greater responsibility for their social outcomes of business.
The reason of Rise and Momentum behind Social Entrepreneurship -
There exists another category of entrepreneurship solely for promoting social welfare. These entrepreneurs are Social Entrepreneurs who are primarily focused on actualizing social value and social good as opposed to rampant profit seeking.
Social enterprises that have the bottom line consideration of positive social good and creating social value instead of existing for profits alone. It is not the case that these social entrepreneurs do not make profits or do not enjoy the proceeds from their ventures, it’s just that their endeavor is to do good for society through their firms and profits generated gets usually divided in a equitable manner or gets reinvested into their firms as part a cyclical process of social welfare.
So far, social entrepreneurs reflect a growing trend among capitalists worldwide that the time has now come for such people to take society and its welfare seriously.
The latest edition of the World Economic Forum in Davos, which hosts an annual gathering of the business and political elite and movers/shakers in the world, had as its central theme the responsibility of business towards social good and welfare outcomes.
The Pioneer of Social Entrepreneurship: Mohammad Yunus
Some real world social entrepreneurs are Mohammed Yunus of Grameen Bank in Bangladesh who pioneered the concept of Micro Credit or reaching out with money to those who lacked access to formal banking channels.
Through this endeavor, Yunus managed to vastly improve the lives of poor and the underprivileged wherein through provision of credit in small amounts to those lacking established businesses that are needed for documentation and other requirements that are sought by the formal financial sector.
The experiment in social good proved to be so successful that Yunus was awarded the Nobel Prize for his efforts and what more, he became an example and an inspiration for generations of social entrepreneurs to follow his path and work for the betterment of society rather than for individual gratification.
Indeed, this model was adopted by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in India, which launched the SHGs or the Self Help Groups that are outside of the purview of formal credit and instead, were relying on money lenders to borrow for their small businesses.
Thus, it can be said that Social Entrepreneurs reach those who the eminent management expert, C K Prahlad, calls the Bottom of the Pyramid and ensure that society benefits from their ventures.
Bogus Social Entrepreneurs, Technology, and Role of the Government
Having said that, one must also caution that there are many who in the guise of being Social Entrepreneurs often take the system for a ride and make huge amounts of money in the process.
There are countless examples worldwide of so-called social entrepreneurs who racked up massive profits at the expense of the poor and the underprivileged. Of course, we are not saying that Social Entrepreneurship as a concept has failed because of unscrupulous individuals.
Rather, what we are saying is that government’s world over must encourage and nurture social entrepreneurs and at the same time, put in place safeguards that would serve as a system of checks and balances.
In recent years, the increasing adoption of technology at all levels and in all fields of society has given a fillip to social entrepreneurs and Marketing Agency in Mumbai.
As it is easy to scale up and reap the efficiencies from the economies of scale and at the same time, leverage the synergies from integrating business and social good with technology, there is more than ever a consensus that when used properly, technology can indeed serve society better and encourage social entrepreneurs.
Lastly, whether you are student aspiring to serve society or an established professional looking to follow your passion, social entrepreneurship can help you in realizing your vision and actualizing your mission.
With famous rich business legends such as Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and NR Narayana Murthy willing to provide seed capital for social entrepreneurs, there is no dearth of encouragement and incubating for them.
Moreover, governments are also helping social entrepreneurs and Marketing Agency in Mumbai in their endeavors and hence, we are at a Tipping Point as far as social entrepreneurship is concerned.
To conclude, the world needs more social entrepreneurs and the ecosystems are also helpful for them to make a difference to society.
Marketing and Sales Agency that helps small/medium-sized businesses and Start-up
To know how Marketing Agency in Mumbai does Marketing Activities, visit - http://fulcrumresources.net/contact-usArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Crucial Elements for Successful Facebook Ads Campaign
- Why use SEO for Your Business?
- What are the ways to do Marketing in housing societies?
- Top 10 Ways to Make Money with Crowd1 Business
- Empathetic Marketing Lessons Learned from my Scythe-Wielding Days
- HOW TO HAVE A GUARANTEED SUCCESS ON CLICK BANK AFFILIATE MARKETING
- 4 Ways to Get Your Business More Customer Calls from Your Website
- Get the Best Professional Janitorial Service jersey City
- What are the methods to get Customer Feedback?
- 3 Easy Steps to Embrace Your Holiday Brand Voice during COVID-19
- The Benefits Of Search Engine Optimization
- What are the ways to be better at Marketing?
- How important is Marketing for a New Company?
- What are the things about Marketing that are not taught in college?
- What are the best practices of Marketing?
- 10 Essential Marketing Skills to Boost Your Career
- What is Social Feedback Cycle and how does it work?
- Leverage the Power of Social Media Effectively
- What are the Marketing strategies for Grand Opening?
- 12 Social Media Marketing Misconceptions to Understand
- How to evaluate your Marketing plan?
- All In One Internet Marketing Software 2020(Get +Limited time Offer)
- How to make a Marketing plan?
- 4 Classic Marketing Communication Mistakes to Avoid
- What Marketing Mistakes do Companies Make?
- Is Sedex a Sustainability certification
- How to create a powerful marketing message?
- How to make a Marketing strategy?
- What are the rules of Marketing?