What is Social Entrepreneurship? Why is it important to have Social Entrepreneurs?
- Author Prakash Raje
- Published October 23, 2020
- Word count 850
The existence of Businesses relies on making profits and incorporates any residual concerns about social good as part of their normal profit seeking behavior.
All the Businesses and Business owners are concerned about social good as just being another imperative rather than the reason for their existence.
Generations of over two to three decades of capitalists aver that they do business for making profits alone and by extension, their businesses are creating social value.
No matter who or what anyone is, All of them have in common is a pervasive profit seeking behavior that places social concerns at the bottom despite the increasing tendency world over in order to make the corporate and business take greater responsibility for their social outcomes of business.
The reason of Rise and Momentum behind Social Entrepreneurship -
There exists another category of entrepreneurship solely for promoting social welfare. These entrepreneurs are Social Entrepreneurs who are primarily focused on actualizing social value and social good as opposed to rampant profit seeking.
Social enterprises that have the bottom line consideration of positive social good and creating social value instead of existing for profits alone. It is not the case that these social entrepreneurs do not make profits or do not enjoy the proceeds from their ventures, it’s just that their endeavor is to do good for society through their firms and profits generated gets usually divided in a equitable manner or gets reinvested into their firms as part a cyclical process of social welfare.
So far, social entrepreneurs reflect a growing trend among capitalists worldwide that the time has now come for such people to take society and its welfare seriously.
The latest edition of the World Economic Forum in Davos, which hosts an annual gathering of the business and political elite and movers/shakers in the world, had as its central theme the responsibility of business towards social good and welfare outcomes.
The Pioneer of Social Entrepreneurship: Mohammad Yunus
Some real world social entrepreneurs are Mohammed Yunus of Grameen Bank in Bangladesh who pioneered the concept of Micro Credit or reaching out with money to those who lacked access to formal banking channels.
Through this endeavor, Yunus managed to vastly improve the lives of poor and the underprivileged wherein through provision of credit in small amounts to those lacking established businesses that are needed for documentation and other requirements that are sought by the formal financial sector.
The experiment in social good proved to be so successful that Yunus was awarded the Nobel Prize for his efforts and what more, he became an example and an inspiration for generations of social entrepreneurs to follow his path and work for the betterment of society rather than for individual gratification.
Indeed, this model was adopted by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in India, which launched the SHGs or the Self Help Groups that are outside of the purview of formal credit and instead, were relying on money lenders to borrow for their small businesses.
Thus, it can be said that Social Entrepreneurs reach those who the eminent management expert, C K Prahlad, calls the Bottom of the Pyramid and ensure that society benefits from their ventures.
Bogus Social Entrepreneurs, Technology, and Role of the Government
Having said that, one must also caution that there are many who in the guise of being Social Entrepreneurs often take the system for a ride and make huge amounts of money in the process.
There are countless examples worldwide of so-called social entrepreneurs who racked up massive profits at the expense of the poor and the underprivileged. Of course, we are not saying that Social Entrepreneurship as a concept has failed because of unscrupulous individuals.
Rather, what we are saying is that government’s world over must encourage and nurture social entrepreneurs and at the same time, put in place safeguards that would serve as a system of checks and balances.
In recent years, the increasing adoption of technology at all levels and in all fields of society has given a fillip to social entrepreneurs and Marketing Agency in Mumbai.
As it is easy to scale up and reap the efficiencies from the economies of scale and at the same time, leverage the synergies from integrating business and social good with technology, there is more than ever a consensus that when used properly, technology can indeed serve society better and encourage social entrepreneurs.
Lastly, whether you are student aspiring to serve society or an established professional looking to follow your passion, social entrepreneurship can help you in realizing your vision and actualizing your mission.
With famous rich business legends such as Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and NR Narayana Murthy willing to provide seed capital for social entrepreneurs, there is no dearth of encouragement and incubating for them.
Moreover, governments are also helping social entrepreneurs and Marketing Agency in Mumbai in their endeavors and hence, we are at a Tipping Point as far as social entrepreneurship is concerned.
To conclude, the world needs more social entrepreneurs and the ecosystems are also helpful for them to make a difference to society.
Marketing and Sales Agency that helps small/medium-sized businesses and Start-up
To know how Marketing Agency in Mumbai does Marketing Activities, visit - http://fulcrumresources.net/contact-usArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Post-COVID Marketing Strategies for Plastic Surgeons
- Top 5 Money Makers in Your Practice
- Build Your Brand and List During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Restart Plan for Plastic Surgeons
- Automated Marketing Plan for Plastic Surgeons Post COVID-19
- Plastic Surgery Loyalty Program
- Marketing Mix Strategies for Plastic Surgeons
- 5 Powerful Ways For Your Business To Stand Out From The Competition
- 4 Common Print Advertising Mistakes
- Chairman of Darlox: China's PCB industry will usher in the next decade
- How SEO Helps Businesses Grow
- How Digital Marketers Can Improve Their Online Presence
- Online Marketing For Freelancers
- Does Discounting Help or Hurt?
- Social Media Ideas for Plastic Surgeons
- Online Classified Ads Sites - What Are They and How Can They Help You?
- Predictable Cosmetic Patient Plan
- Best office gift ideas for new and current employees
- No More Silver Bullets: Patient Attraction Plan for Plastic Surgeons
- Plastic Surgery Marketing: What's Working Now
- The “Business” of a Cosmetic Practice
- Good Marketing Plan for Cosmetic Practices
- New Jewellery Trend — Spotify Musical Tag By Belle Fever
- Digital Marketing Strategy from Start to Finish
- How to improve sales with Web Design
- Are You Making Any of These Website Mistakes?
- Get custom pizza boxes wholesale with elegant design and top quality in texes usa
- 5 Ways to Increase Your Brand Sales & Build Brand Awareness
- Reasons Your Page Is Not Indexed On Google Search
- How to improve your local ranking on google