How to Find a Good Real Estate Agent in New Orleans
- Author Rashad Stevenson
- Published October 29, 2020
- Word count 1,037
Hiring a real estate agent in New Orleans can be frustrating. So what are the steps on how to find a good real estate agent in New Orleans?
Many local large real estate brokers will spend thousands of dollars each month to ensure that their agents are the most visible, whether it be online, in the Yellow Pages, or by erecting giant billboards in the most trafficked sections of New Orleans.
However, the agents backed by the most promotion dollars aren’t always the best, and may not be a good fit for your circumstances. In today’s piece, we’re going to look at how you can find a good real estate agent in New Orleans.
[NOTE: If you need to sell your New Orleans house fast and can’t wait the 3-6 months+ it is taking to sell a home on the local market… we may be able to help by buying your house from you. We can make you an all-cash offer within 24 hours on your house in as-is condition. ]
How To Find A Good Real Estate Agent In New Orleans – Get Reviews… Real Reviews
Online reviews of real estate agents are easily manipulated, and can be often times little more than paid advertisements. It’s important to get honest reviews from any agent that you’re considering, and any reputable agent will be glad to provide you with recent clients.
Also, reviews are one of the best ways to see how any real estate professional does out in the marketplace.
As a last way to check out the agent… hit Google and type in “[name of agent] reviews” and see what pops up in the Google search. If you see a bunch of bad reviews on websites like yelp and others… see if the agent tried to engage with those negative reviewers online to resolve the situation.
Ask the Right Questions Of The Local New Orleans Real Estate Agent
Ask the agent (or better yet, his or her former clients) the following questions to gauge the agent’s skill, and ability to represent you as a buyer or a seller:
Was there any part of the process of buying or selling a home that clients were pleased or particularly displeased with?
What was the asking price?
What was the sales price?
What properties have you worked with in my location?
What about similarly sized properties?
It’s important to choose an agent who has experience working with homes similar to yours.
Check The Real Estate Agent’s Credentials
Check with your state’s real estate regulatory authority to verify the agent’s licensing. While you’re on that website, you’re also often able to look into regulatory actions and complaints against the agent.
You should also ask the agent how long they’ve been buying and selling homes. If they’re representing an agency, ask how long they’ve been with that particular agency, and their history with other firms.
Above all, it’s important to choose a real estate agent in New Orleans that you can trust. Regular communication is extremely important when selling your home, as in many cases, a house represents the majority of your net worth. A good agent will be able to answer questions such as:
How many inquiries have been made about my home?
How many of these inquiries came from people likely to make a purchase (not just window shoppers)?
What other properties in this neighborhood are for sale? What is the asking price of those homes?
Ask The Local Real Estate Agent How They Plan On Selling Your House
Sometimes going the direct route is the best. In the case of looking for a local New Orleans LA real estate agent, ask them how they intend on selling your house for you that the other agents in town won’t do. And see what their answer is.
Usually the great ones actually have a marketing plan and will get your house out there and on the market in a big way.
This Is Where Low Priced Isn’t Always The Best
Often times New Orleans LA home sellers want to go with the lowest priced option.
Heck, when you look at the numbers… if a real estate agent is earning 3% on a $100,000 sale… that’s $3,000 in fees just to 1 real estate agent (usually both agents representing the buyer and the seller earn commission)… it isn’t cheap. But just really do your research before you go with a cut rate agent or a flat fee agent… because that usually means that the service you’re getting is also a lower level service.
Some of the best real estate agents in New Orleans have great marketing systems and are able to sell homes faster and for higher prices. So even if you find someone to sell your house at a 1.5% fee… look long and hard at whether you’ll be saving money long term.
The same goes for selling your house to a local real estate investor like OMNI HOME BUYERS. The highest priced offer isn’t always the best. Look at the terms of the deal the house buyer offers you… and ensure they can close on-time… because every month that goes by costs you money (your mortgage, taxes, insurance, utilities, etc.) to hold the property.
It’s important to avoid low-quality real estate agents. These could be “rookies” who will do anything to make their first sale (including leaving dollars on the table). A good real estate can make selling your home an extremely smooth experience, and will work in your best interest.
So go out there and do your research and find a local real estate agent.
If you need to sell your house fast… we’d love to make you an all-cash fair offer on your house.
We can make you a no-obligation offer in 24 hours or less and you can weigh that option against going with a real estate agent.
Just click the link below and fill out the short form on the next page to get the painless process rolling.
Need To Sell Your New Orleans LA House Fast ?
Submit Your Basic Property Info For A Fast Cash Offer >>
I Buy Houses Anywhere In New Orleans And Other Parts of Louisiana, And At Any Price. Check Out How Our Process Works. I am Ready To Give You A Fair Offer For Your House.
Visit our website https://www.omnifasthomebuyers.com/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to prepare for relocation after home purchase
- Why a Prefab Metal Building is Perfect for a CrossFit Gym Business
- How To Save Money When Moving Home UK
- Are you thinking of buying a house in Stockport?
- The Real Estate Website Where Nobody Wants To Leave Their Data
- Top 3 Home Buying Steps in Houston Texas
- Aegean Locations offers Luxurious Real Estate in Izmir & Çeşme the “Undiscovered Paradise of Turkey”
- RAY Property Management Software Review
- Mixed-Use Properties for Artists
- How Can Office Users And Commercial Real Estate Brokers Adapt To The New Future?
- Pakawaste installation at Wood Wharf development
- Do roofing companies offer financing?
- Excessive Homeowners Insurance Requirements
- A must-do to selecting the right removalist for your move
- What Water Damage Signs Home Inspectors Look For
- Dallas Condos for Sale by Owner: How to Choose the Best One
- 5 Benefits Of Building Your Own Home
- 5 Tips to Winning the Home Candy Scramble
- Tips on Buying A New Home During Covid in Belfast
- 6 questions and answers about buying apartments for sale in Turkey
- Redefined Real Estate and Unlock’d
- Difference between CAD & BIM
- Important Steps to Building a Home
- Retractable Pool Enclosures To Use in All Four Seasons
- Donating Real Estate Can Be Easy!
- How to Donate with Giving Center
- WHY YOU SHOULD RENT A LUXURY APARTMENT IN NYC RIGHT NOW
- Guelph home sales drop 70% as the real estate machine comes to a grinding halt
- 5 Steps on How to Declutter Your House for Sale