- Author Limarc Ambalina
- Published October 19, 2020
- Word count 260
Human translation (HT), by definition, is when a human translator—rather than a machine—translates text
It’s the oldest form of translation, relying on pure human intelligence to convert one way of saying things to another. And while human translation comes in many different flavors, it remains the most widely-used translation method to this day.
Types of human translation providers
Within a traditional agency, technology has little part in the actual translation process. In these organizations, full-time or freelance translators work alone or in small groups to manually manage files. Despite providing top quality translation, traditional agencies struggle to complete high-volume projects within a reasonable cost and timeframe. Translation rates at boutique agencies can be 10 times more expensive than crowd platforms, as they use a limited number of translators, use manual processes, and have a 9-to-5 style conventional workflow.
As a result, traditional human translation agencies are best suited for smaller projects or those that require mastery of the subject. When you want high-quality human translation for a larger project, you’ll have to rein in that budget, which is where a crowd-platform approach may offer more value for the dollar.
Within a technology-leveraged crowd-based system like Gengo, thousands of translators work simultaneously using a platform that allows for seamless project management. These human translation providers eliminate most of the overhead of a traditional agency through a sophisticated platform and tools like translation memory and automated validation.
Overall, crowd-based approaches significantly increase the scalability of human translation and reduce the cost associated with traditional models.
At Gengo, our vision is for everyone to read and publish across languages, with one click.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is Contract Packaging?
- Why Businesses Should Outsource Their Logistics To Professional Courier Companies
- Commercial vs Industrial Vacuum Cleaners: Which One Is Right for Your Cleaning Needs?
- The Importance of Collaboration between Real Estate Sales and Operations Teams
- How to Start a Pet Grooming Service: Your Complete Guide
- The Importance of Biomass Boiler Servicing and Maintenance
- High-Pressure Homogenization vs. Sonication: Which is Better for Your Liquid Formulations
- Efficient Office Clearance in London
- The Secret to Fiverr Success: Our List of the Top 10 Best-Selling Gigs
- Your Trusted Partner for Stress-Free Moving
- What Do Professional Bid Writers Do All Day?
- Who Is The Richest Jewelry Designer In The World
- Guide on polythene films and sheeting
- Unleashing the Power of A.I. Autoresponders for Email Marketing Success
- How to find leads and projects if you are a NEW contractor
- Saving Over 10 Million Dollars in Debt: The Success of Prime Debt Settlement
- What to Consider as a Non-Resident When Starting a Business in the US?
- How Long Will A 12 Volt Battery Last With An Inverter?
- Buy Google Reviews
- How to choose the right pipes and fittings for your plumbing project?
- What is the best unit testing framework for Python?
- Commercial Cleaning Best Practices: 4 Ways to Boost Your Team’s Productivity
- The Different Types of Commercial Cleaning Services
- Why Choosing the Right Heat Pump Suppliers Matters
- The GIG Economy and African Youths
- How Trends like Digital Twins and Digital Prefab Impact Construction?
- The Best Outbound Calling Software for Businesses
- 5 Tips for Creating an Effective Ecommerce Website
- Different Types Of Teeth Shade Guides
- Best Companies to Work For in 2022