5 Benefits Of Building Your Own Home
- Author Alex Belsey
- Published February 14, 2021
- Word count 398
Sometimes it can be better to create your own dream home, as opposed to buying it.
Property programmes on television have shown us the trials and tribulations of building from scratch, along with the massive highs which come when the project reaches completion, but they don’t always show why people have chosen to build their own homes in the first place.
This is a shame, as the benefits of self-building can be tremendous. So, to help raise awareness of these benefits, we’ve outlined just five of the reasons why building your own home can be a great idea!
- You Can Save Money
The data shows that you can build your own home for up to 30% less than the same property would cost if bought pre-built on the open market.
Further savings can be made due to stamp duty being charged on the cost of the land, rather than the value of the finished home. You can also reclaim the VAT paid on the labour and material costs.
- Modern And Energy-Efficient Features Can Be Installed As Standard
Newer systems and materials can be integrated into self-build homes right from the start, which can result in greater efficiency and lower running costs.
Additionally, installing luxuries such as underfloor heating into existing homes can be expensive and troublesome, but building them into a self-built property is a much cheaper and easier process.
- Your Property Will Have Strong Resale Value
If you budget correctly, your finished self-build house could be worth around 20% more than its combined land and build cost, while buyers will often pay a premium for ‘one-off’ homes, meaning you can typically enjoy a 25% profit on your investment.
- You’ll Have No Competition For The House
In desirable areas, any new homes on the market will be snapped up quickly. This means if you have your heart set on a specific house, you could have a fight on your hands to make it yours!
In contrast, by building a home for yourself you’re ensuring that you’ll be the end buyer.
- You Can Make Something Perfectly Suited To Your Needs
By creating your own home from the ground up, you can make sure everything is built to your exact specifications.
Whatever your choice of décor, and whatever your preferences for the fixtures and fittings, you can design your new home to look exactly how you want.
There are no posted comments.
- When do Real Estate Wholesalers use Transactional Funding?
- Avoiding a bad home in advance
- How Building Inspection Determines Your Property Value
- How Will Prefab Container House Be in the Future
- Foreclosure.com Service Review - 2022
- Moving company research
- How To Build a Ten Year Buy-to-let Plan
- Top Questions Home buyers Have about Naples!
- Top 3 Mistakes That You Need To Avoid While Buying A House At Fort Myers!
- All You Need To Know About When Choosing Removal Service In London
- How to prepare for relocation after home purchase
- Why a Prefab Metal Building is Perfect for a CrossFit Gym Business
- How To Save Money When Moving Home UK
- Are you thinking of buying a house in Stockport?
- The Real Estate Website Where Nobody Wants To Leave Their Data
- Top 3 Home Buying Steps in Houston Texas
- Aegean Locations offers Luxurious Real Estate in Izmir & Çeşme the “Undiscovered Paradise of Turkey”
- RAY Property Management Software Review
- Mixed-Use Properties for Artists
- How Can Office Users And Commercial Real Estate Brokers Adapt To The New Future?
- Pakawaste installation at Wood Wharf development
- Do roofing companies offer financing?
- Excessive Homeowners Insurance Requirements
- A must-do to selecting the right removalist for your move
- What Water Damage Signs Home Inspectors Look For
- Dallas Condos for Sale by Owner: How to Choose the Best One
- 5 Tips to Winning the Home Candy Scramble
- Tips on Buying A New Home During Covid in Belfast
- 6 questions and answers about buying apartments for sale in Turkey