Is it a good idea to invest in Amazon stock?
- Author Holly Cousins
- Published March 8, 2021
- Word count 448
Is it a good idea to invest in Amazon?
Amazon is a huge multinational company; the stocks are valuable, and have proven themselves as lucrative to early investors time and time again as the company experiences huge growth and change. Although the market is quite stagnant right now, it seems a good time to invest as the company reaches the brink of breakthrough with new products and services that may revolutionise our lives as we know them, and increase the value of the company, and its stocks, even more.
Currently, the Amazon stock price is neither rising nor falling significantly. After a drop from just over $2000 dollars in July of 2019, the Amazon stock price has not fully recovered, and now has hovered between approximately $1700 and $1900. Currently, the price is at $1898.00, after a growth during the Christmas period, which may mark the beginning of a recovery for Amazon stock. Clearly, since the birth of the company in 1997, the stock has grown hugely, but may be beginning to slow after years of market success. Competitor eBay is experiencing a similar plateau in stock price, having spent 2019 moving between $27.02 and $42.00; despite the growth in online shopping, it appears that the stock price is currently fairly stagnant, although Amazon stock comes at a much higher cost.
Assets for Amazon has been a consistently (and significantly) growing figure. In 2019, the total assets owned by Amazon reached $199.099 billion, and of this, $43.401 billion was held a cash. The figure of cash held by Amazon has also significantly grown (by 45.81%) this year alone, pointing to a growth in the strength of the company even if stock price has remained fairly stagnant. Since 2017, the long-term debt attributed to Amazon has fallen to $22.472 billion, whilst total liabilities have reached $142.591 billion. This leaves the company with quite a low shareholder equity, given its size, at just $56.508 billion. This figure is, however, rising, suggesting that the company has continued to, and will continue to grow in size and strength despite the relatively high debt.
Looking to the future
As a giant company, Amazon is constantly developing to keep up with technological advances, and is often leading the charge. With developments to the home assistant Alexa, shortening delivery times and piloting their new streaming service, Prime Video, it is hard to imagine Amazon suffering many failures in the near future. Alongside this, the company is developing cashless, cashier-less stores based in facial recognition technology, and in AI and home robots. Undoubtedly, Amazon is set to release products that will change the way our world functions, and will become more and more integral to human existence itself, and therefore experience huge company growth that may translate into more valuable shares.
For more information on how to invest, go to my website at https://veloxinvestments.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Stock Market Investing Secrets of Peter Lynch, one of the World’s Greatest Stock Market Investors
- The Stock Market Investing Secrets of John Templeton, one of the World’s Greatest Stock Market Investors
- Proven Forex Strategies
- Trading using the 80/20 rule
- How To Get Rid Off From Forex Trading Scams Or Frauds in 2021
- What to Buy From Turkey Blog Series 1
- Red Flags - What kinds of brokers should you avoid?
- What you should know about uBanker in Nigeria
- What If Everyone Participated on the Ownership Side of the US Economy?
- THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE FOREX TRADING COURSE
- What does Forex regulation actually do?
- Why Binomo Download In Thailand In A Time Of Crisis
- Getting The Right Training In Forex Trading
- Decentralized Principles of ABBC's DAO System
- Is private equity right for your company?
- 5 questions by beginner crypto traders answered by Binomo platform
- Beware - Bitcoin / Forex / Cryptocurrency Millionaires Fraud - "Vanessa Parker"
- How to Buy Bitcoin in Canada
- Is Dst A Good Investment?
- What you should know before finding cash buyer for your property?
- Five Simple Tools For Trading
- Five New Trader Pitfalls You Can Avoid.edited
- Cryptocurrency vs. Traditional Finance Instruments (for an investor)
- Why Choose Banks in North Carolina?
- What do successful traders have in common
- Earnings Season: What You Need to Know as a Trader
- It's A Mature Bull Market And Time For A Strategic Hedging Plan
- Gold, a Hedge Against the Perils of Interesting Times
- Trade War So What?