Do you really want to lose weight now?
- Author Anselm Anyoha
- Published February 26, 2021
- Word count 457
It seems that everybody wants to lose weight unless they are as lean as a chalkboard. Hopefully, my weight loss story will inspire you to achieve your own weight loss goal.
For readers who do not know, I am a physician—a pediatrician, precisely. I’ll just point out the obvious: even physicians can get themselves into medical troubles. So, on a visit to my own doctor 10 years ago, I was diagnosed with hypertension because my blood pressure was elevated at 140/90. My doctor wanted to prescribe drugs for my condition, but I quietly disagreed. I had a plan of my own.
At that point, I weighed 183 pounds. For a man who stands at 5’ 8”, that gave me a BMI of 27 and put me in the overweight category. I went to work because truly, challenges are the mother of actions. I did some research and found with every 1 pound of weight loss, the upper number in a blood pressure reading could go down by 1 point. A ten-pound weight loss could lower an upper number by 10 points. “Let us do it,” I said to myself.
So, within 6 months, I lost thirty pounds. And as a result, my blood pressure was as normal as a teenage boy. My looks changed, too. My cheeks went from puffy to sculpted. My friends and family were both excited and worried. I assured them I was okay, and that I did it for my health.
I want my readers to know that I made easy lifestyle changes that did not demand much of my time. For example, instead of frying my eggs, I boiled them. Instead of eating out, I made my own food. Plus, I swapped beer and soda for water and more water. I used the holidays as another occasion to eat healthily and passed on junk food. I traded salt for herbs to season my food. And these little everyday changes made a big overall impact on my weight and my blood pressure.
We all have our different stories, our different life journeys, but I believe lessons can be learned from my experience. I was so happy about my accomplishment that I wrote a book about it, and I encourage you to pick it up. People spend thousands of dollars enrolling in gyms they will never attend and exercise equipment they will never use. But $10 spent on my book could be one of the wisest investments you’ve ever made. Why this book you may ask? Because it is easy to read, full of good advice, and written by someone who actually lost thirty pounds.
Disclaimer: Please consult your doctor if you suffer from high blood pressure. High blood pressure has many reasons, and losing weight may not cure your own hypertension.
Get a copy of my weight loss book at:http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to lose weight and keep it off!
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss - Is It Really Effective?
- Is it genuine that If you quit eathing sugar, you will lose fat quickly?
- Is it true that if you stop eating sugar, you will lose fat rapidly?
- Alcohol and weightloss
- The Book Disrupting the Diet Industry
- here are simple ways to solve the difficulties of women loosing weight
- What are the best ways to loose weight?
- What diet should I eat to reduce belly fat?
- How can I effectively lose belly fat in 7 weeks?
- 5 Reasons People Decide To Go On A Diet
- How can I effectively lose belly fat in 7 weeks? Naturally
- The Secret to Weight Loss
- What are the best ways to lose weight?
- Real Weight Loss Solutions
- How Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
- How Much Weight Can YOU Lose by Drinking Green Tea?
- When Is The Best Time To Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss?
- HOW TO ORGANICALLY REMOVE BELLY FAT
- What's Wrong With Crash Diets?
- Reinforcing Positive Change
- Slump Busting
- Easy Weight Loss
- 8 Tips to Enjoy a More Wholesome Diet For Rapid Belly Fat Loss
- Natural Diet Pills that Induce Weight Loss
- Buy Xenical Online- Best Weight Loss Prescription Drugs
- Natural Rapid Weight Loss Diet Pills
- 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Hips, Kicks & Sides