Simplify mobile forensics with Elcomsoft Phone Viewer
- Author Vladimir Katalov
- Published April 20, 2021
- Word count 510
Elcomsoft Phone Viewer is a digital forensics solution for mobile devices running the Apple iOS platform. It allows law enforcement agencies or other organizations to securely analyze information extracted using powerful acquisition tools made by Elcomsoft and third-party providers. The software also includes a fast and lightweight viewing utility for reviewing and managing things like communication histories and documents stored on the device. However, Elcomsoft Phone Viewer goes even further than the device itself to decrypt and view iOS backups and synchronized data, browse iOS file system images, and analyze photo libraries stored in the iCloud service. There is no learning curve to speak of, and it is easy to export evidence to continue analysis with third-party tools. The software supports both local and cloud backups made with iTunes or stored in iCloud respectively, including call logs, browsing history, and much more.
Elcomsoft Phone Viewer makes it easy to explore the contents of both local and cloud backups, regardless of which version of iOS they were made by. The viewing companion makes it easy to acquire device information, such as the phone model name, serial number, and the date of the last backup. It also provides easy read-only access to contacts, messages, call logs, notes and calendar data all in one convenient interface. Moreover, the tool can even let you gain access to deleted messages that are still available in the backups. No other tool meets the lofty requirements of speed, compatibility, and ease of use. The viewing solution is the ideal companion to Elcomsoft Phone Breaker, allowing full support for every data format produced by that tool. This allows law enforcement agencies, employers, network administrators and IT security specialists to enjoy support for the latest iOS backup formats and extract, download, and decrypt them with ease.
One of the main use cases for Elcomsoft Phone Viewer is analyzing online activities of iOS users. Employers can utilize the tool to analyze the content of company-issued devices to ensure compliance and prevent data leaks. Elcomsoft Phone Viewer provides the complete and up to date overview of web browsing history, search queries, browser bookmarks, and opened browser tabs and snapshots. This can help solve multiple cases, and will be an enormous help in investigating and solving a range of criminal activities. Moreover, it can access synchronized data, passwords, messages and more. Unlike iCloud backups, which may or may not be made on a daily basis, synchronized information is always pushed to Apple servers just moments after the corresponding activity has occurred. Once this data is uploaded, it can be retained for months.
For added convenience, Elcomsoft Phone Viewer provides a multimedia gallery for viewing the photos and videos by category, making it easy to determine which files were captured with the smartphone's built-in camera. There is also a filter for filtering out app images, such as buttons, logos and splash screens. It is also possible to track places the user visited with the aggregated locations feature and built-in map.
Try out Elcomsoft Phone Viewer today at https://www.elcomsoft.com/epv.html
Vladimir Katalov is CEO, co-founder and co-owner of ElcomSoft. Vladimir manages all technical researches and product developments in the company. He regularly presents on various events and regularly runs security and computer forensics trainings.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- We are teaching and saying…become your own business: Dr. Marcia Ann Coppertino
- Key Benefits of Insulation
- Home Decoration - Inexpensive Ways to Liven Up Your Rooms!
- What A Handyman Can Do For You
- Why Window Tinting Cars Is Beneficial
- Benefits of Customized Pressure Washing
- Black Girls in Crisis...What Ma'Khia Bryant's Death Reveals
- How Can Office Users And Commercial Real Estate Brokers Adapt To The New Future?
- Understanding The Benefits of Insulation
- Home Design - Brighten Up Your Environment
- Why Handyman Services Are Essential
- How to reduce weight by doing exercise at home?
- 10 Great Things To Do When Lockdown Ends
- Socialism and Capitalism VS Concentrated Wealth/Power
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #4 - Do We Give ‘Social Networks’ More Attention Than Our Homes?
- Pakawaste installation at Wood Wharf development
- Centipede Grass: The Best Weed Killers
- Do Single Moms Have the Right to Pursue New Love?
- Industry 4.0 and Smart Factories
- America’s Policing Problems Systematically Reduced
- Why Hire a Professional Lawn Care Service?
- Do roofing companies offer financing?
- “NARCOTIC RED” lipstick tube packed with confidence gets its wearer a stunning look
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #3 - Is There “Neighborhood Watch” For Malicious Contractors?
- How Crypto Loans Work
- Motorcycle renting guide in Manila Philippines
- Title: Covid 19 Stimulus for the Malaysian economy: A consultative role for newly globalized unions to play
- The new Malaysian Companies Act and Covid 19 challenges to small and medium enterprises
- Applications of Low-Level laser therapy in dental practice
- Rise of Digital Car Control Console and Application of Embedded HMI System