How to Remove Coffee Stains: Effective Tips Using Household Items
- Author Natalie Jones
- Published May 21, 2021
- Word count 873
How to remove coffee stains from your favourite shirt is challenging, especially when you do not instantly try to clean it. In the case of fresh stains, the steam of cold water would be sufficient. However, for older coffee stains, you would need to put in an extra effort.
Fortunately, people have come up with really wise and effective ways to remove coffee stains by using everyday household items.
Effective Tips on How to Remove Coffee Stains
Below are some effective ways to remove both old and new coffee stains.
Salt is one of the most common and readily available items everywhere. It also happens to have some supper coffee cleaning abilities.
All you have to do is grab a generous amount of salt and start rubbing it in circular motions on the stain until the fabric dissolves it.
Take a tissue paper and wipe the stain firmly. You will be impressed by the results.
2- Baking Soda
If you have Baking Soda in the house, keep your worries away. The soda's fizzy nature is ideal in removing stains as it sweeps down into the fabric and gives a deep cleaning.
All you have to do is dampen the fabric and sprinkle baking soda on the affected area and let it sit for a few seconds.
Give a gentle rub with a warm wet cloth. Even if the mark is still there, it's just a temporary one. A little more cleaning would eliminate it.
3- Vinegar Helps Remove Coffee Stains
Be prepared for an unpleasant smell for the rest of the day, but this is one of the most effective cleaning agents. Almost every stain can be lifted with vinegar.
However, you have to be careful with the amount that you use. Just dampen a handkerchief with vinegar and pat on the affected area.
For stubborn stains, take three parts of vinegar in one part of water and let the fabric soak overnight in the solution. Wash it in the morning, and you have a coffee-free shirt.
4- Dish Soap/ Laundry Detergent
How to remove coffee stains using a laundry detergent or a dish soap? Since both detergents have excellent stain-removing properties, they are the perfect choice to remove stubborn coffee marks.
Rub dishwashing or laundry detergent and little cold water into the stain on your shirt. If it is a fresh mark, let it sit for a few minutes but not long enough for it to become dry.
However, for old coffee stains, you need to put in additional efforts. Apply a small amount of detergent onto the stain and rub it using your thumb and finger. Then soak the stain in cold water for a few minutes.
Repeat the rubbing and soaking process for about 30 minutes. If the stain persists, try to soak it for 5 to 15 minutes in warm water before rinsing the cloth.
5- Rubbing Alcohol
Alcohol can be a real lifesaver when it comes to tough coffee stains. To apply alcohol, you would need a sponge. Dip the sponge in alcohol and rub it to the stain. Make sure that you start from the center.
Now, take a quart of water, add a tablespoon of an enzyme cleaner. Soak the stain into this solution for a few minutes and wash it as you usually would.
6- Baby Powder
Who knew that baby powders are' t just for babies. From preventing chafing at the bay to soak up oil from your hair, baby powders can also do wonders when it comes to cleaning up stubborn coffee stains.
Quickly sprinkle some baby powder on the stain in such a way that the marks are entirely hidden. Leave it to rest for some time. Brush off with a soft brush and see the magic
8- Use Stain Pens To Remove Coffee Stains
Stain Pens are extremely handy when it comes to removing coffee stains. So, it is a good idea to keep them with yourself all the time.
You never know when a mishap might happen. Allow the magical pen to clean up the mess with minimal hassle and effort. Lowly rub the pen on the stain and see the magic unveil.
9- Egg Yolk
How to remove coffee stains using egg yolk? You might be surprised to know that egg yolks are highly effective when it comes to eliminating cloth stains.
Just separate the yolk from the white and whisk up the yolk with the fork. Now by using a terry cloth, work it onto the affected part.
You will see the stain beginning to lift. Rinse out with water, and the stains are gone.
10- Wash from the backside.
This tip is for immediate action only. When the stain is fresh, immediately wipe the coffee using tissue paper to avoid excess spreading.
Put it under tap water from the opposite side so that water pressure from the backside drains out all the stain.
Rub the stain gently with your fingers. Doing this would help lift the mark.
Now You Know How to Remove Coffee Stains!
Through experience and trials, man has effectively learned and sorted out different techniques to remove coffee stains by using readily available items.
So next time, don't panic if you get a coffee spill.
There are no posted comments.
- What To Do If You Find a Leak in Your Roo
- How To Become An Online Entrepreneur
- How To Have The Best Landing Page For Your Website
- Madhavi Doki on Tips for Running a Successful Online Business
- Moving Overseas: How to Move Efficiently
- Passive Income Secrets
- Why It's Important to Change Locks When Moving into a New Home
- How To Have A Profitable Membership Site
- First Time Moving House? A Checklist of 7 Things to Remember
- 5 Tips for Successful Remote Work: The Ultimate Guide To Working Remotely
- Hоw tо Gеt Traffic tо Yоur Site for Frее
- Make Money On Facebook In 2022
- How To Avoid Running Into Mortgage Paying Trouble for Calgary Homeowners
- Discover The Secrets To Financial Freedom
- Should you get solar panels in Adelaide?
- What You Need to Know Before Removing Tree Roots
- Discover Why Custom Homes In Fate TX Are Become More Popular, Especially The Ones Built By Reputable Custom Home Builders
- Most Expensive Perfume in the World
- How Much is an Antique Worth to an Antiques Dealer?
- REFLECT YOUR SUN SIGNS WITH THE INTERIOR DESIGN OF YOUR HOUSE – PART II
- Change your life and become a PADI Scuba Diving Instructor on the PADI IDC Gili Islands, Indonesia.
- REFLECT YOUR SUN SIGNS WITH THE INTERIOR DESIGN OF YOUR HOUSE
- How do I start a food business?
- home inspection Houston
- Lighting tips and ideas by an electrical contractor in Pasadena
- Electrical Remodeling Tips By Electricians in Santa Barbara
- Home Decorating with Rustic Furniture
- A Newbie in the Freelancing World
- Our Top 5 Questions We Receive From Home Sellers in Twin Cities