5 Simple Ways To Help Your Business Thrive
- Author Alex Belsey
- Published June 15, 2021
- Word count 791
Recent times have been full of uncertainty and upheaval across all industries. Many businesses have struggled to survive, while others have had to completely change their outlook and approach to continue serving their customers.
Whatever your experience, there are several simple but effective ways that you can help your business to thrive — whatever the circumstances.
- Maintain An Online Presence
Many businesses have found that one of the most effective ways to survive and thrive in a competitive marketplace is to maintain an online presence.
This can be as simple or elaborate as your budget and time constraints allow. A simple online presence might include a website with up-to-date contact details, a contact form, and a clear and concise message about the products or services you provide.
A more elaborate online presence might also include social media feeds with original content, offers, video tutorials, testimonials and more. Many businesses now also use a dedicated blog to drive online traffic towards their paid services, or to go into more detail about the benefits of their products, for example.
The internet is now one of the most powerful tools in business. It remains one of the most common ways that potential clients and customers first discover businesses. But it is also competitive and even oversaturated, so it is important to make an effort to stand out and be visible.
Above all else, strive to be clear, concise, and easy to contact.
- Invest In Your Team
Whether you have a large international team or a small selection of personnel, the people you work with matter. Investing in their education, wellbeing, and creating a positive company culture can be a vital — but often overlooked — aspect of a thriving business.
Investing in your team might involve regular training, updating credentials, and progress reviews to check that they are happy and thriving. It could also be as simple as checking in online, ensuring they take adequate breaks and feel comfortable enough to raise concerns.
Mental health in the workplace has become an important topic, especially as conditions such as stress and burnout are becoming more prevalent. It is perhaps especially important to ensure that remote-working employees still feel they have an adequate work-life boundary, but others can benefit from a more balanced approach too.
And if you are a sole trader or work alone, don’t overlook your own wellbeing and education! Invest in yourself, caring as you would about an employee, and you will reap the benefits in the success and longevity of your business.
- Regularly Review Your Budget
An effective budget can be the lifeblood of your business. It can help to ensure that expenses are met and cashflow remains healthy — but it is too often only a consideration once a year or during tax season.
Thriving businesses regularly review their budgets and try to allow for as much flexibility as possible. Ways to help support your budget are to continually check that expenses are necessary and accounted for, as well as to optimise spending so that your business is cost-effective.
For some businesses, this might include reducing travel expenses, or looking at ways to cut spending on company cars, for example. For larger businesses, it could be ensuring that office costs are all accounted for, or switching to smaller premises if employees are now working remotely.
Whatever your business and industry, an effective budget that you check regularly will leave you and your team free to focus on important, creative aspects of the business.
- Clarify Your Message
Whether in person, in writing, or online, a clear message is essential. It is the clarity of your message that affects how well your customer understands your product or service. It can make the difference between a sale and no sale at all.
Many businesses hire professional copywriters or SEO experts to help ensure that the message of their business is clear, effective, and reaching the targeted customer.
Although this may seem the simplest tip for a thriving business, it can also be the most impactful.
- Know Your Customer
The best businesses know their customers well. This means that they know exactly what problem their product or service solves, who is most likely to buy it, and where they are most likely to find them.
Consider your ideal or most likely customer and also where you are most likely to find them. Would it be tradeshows or social media, for example? Or even in a particular setting such as a university or leisure centre? Target your advertising in strategic ways. Also, consider using surveys and asking for feedback after purchases to get to know your customer.
By targeting customers who your products and services will genuinely appeal to, you should achieve more growth and success as a result!
There are no posted comments.
- How To Generate Passive Income In Amazon
- CMI programme at Edge Hill helps build stronger team at Pakawaste
- The benefits of first aid training in the workplace
- How to Setup PPC Campaign
- How To Sell Your Ebook On Facebook and Twitter - Getting Paid For Selling Ebooks Using Social Media
- Born To Raise Decibels: Inside The Loudest Band Of All Time
- Everything You Need To Know About Solar Panel Maintenance
- Post-COVID Marketing Strategies for Plastic Surgeons
- Everything You Need to Know About Epoxy Resin
- Top 5 Money Makers in Your Practice
- A step-by-step effective guide-How to rank your B2B content on the first page of Google?
- Build Your Brand and List During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Restart Plan for Plastic Surgeons
- How to Build Back Better Without INFLATION!
- Must Have Guide To Buy Loose Diamonds
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- Defending America’s Democracy? Here’s How to Fund it!
- Automated Marketing Plan for Plastic Surgeons Post COVID-19
- El Salvador Adopts BitCoin
- Remember the 2019, UCH class of 1986 Reunion in Hyattsville, Maryland 20783, USA?
- Green Investments That Can Save Your Business Money
- The Next Big Thing in Freelance
- Addicted to Freelancing? 6 Reasons We Just Can't Stop it
- Plastic Surgery Loyalty Program
- The Four Great Chinese Festivals - A Traveler’s Guide
- Weight loss Advice
- The Averaging strategy in the share market
- Why People Smoke Cigarettes - Five Reasons That Might Surprise You
- 11 Big 2021 Fashion Trends That Are Already in Your Closet
- Marketing Mix Strategies for Plastic Surgeons