Kitchen Remodeling Trends in Fort Collins
- Author Jay Martinez
- Published June 23, 2021
- Word count 685
When it comes to kitchen remodeling, the trends in Fort Collins are always changing. Kitchen remodels in Fort Collins vary from simple updates to countertops and appliances, all the way to custom backsplashes and lighting fixtures! In this blog post we will explore some of the most popular trends in kitchen remodeling that are sweeping through our area today.
In recent years, kitchen remodeling projects have become more popular than ever before. With the increase in remodeling shows available to homeowners, their creativity has been unleashed. More than ever, homeowners are looking to design kitchens that serve multiple purposes and that express their style.
-New Countertops and Appliances-
In Fort Collins, the most common type of kitchen remodel is a simple update to countertops and appliances. This has become an easy way to freshen up the look of a kitchen, but also a way to bring luxury into the kitchen without breaking the bank. The biggest trend in countertops right now are waterfall countertops. These add elegance and uniqueness and are expected to remain a popular request during kitchen remodels.
In terms of appliances, many homeowners are upgrading to "smart" appliances. With so much home automation happening, kitchens have become a major place for innovation and technology. In addition to incorporating more energy-efficient appliances, investing in wifi connected devices can help keep you more organized as well. Some of the newest features are providing you with reminders about expiration dates and allowing homeowners to see what's in their fridge from anywhere. So, if you're at the grocery store and can't remember if you have tomatoes at home or not, your smart appliance will allow you to peak inside your fridge to double-check.
The second trend that has been on the rise in our area is adding an island to the center of the kitchen for extra storage space and functionality. As more and more people take on healthier habits in the kitchen, they want to make sure they don't sacrifice family time. That's why kitchens have become a real centerpoint of the home. Creating a kitchen island allows for more counter space, but it also allows for additional storage so the rest of the kitchen can be less cluttered. Couple this with the waterfall countertops and the result is beauty and functionality.
A growing trend among homeowners in Fort Collins is installing a custom backsplash. Backsplashes first became very popular in the early 2000s and have only increased in popularity since then. In fact, we find that a backsplash is very rarely left out as part of a kitchen remodel.
While subway tile backsplashes were a major trend for several years, patterned designs are now increasing in popularity. We are long past the trend of having mosaics installed as a backsplash design. The patterns and designs now are geometric designs or typical mexican style talavera tile styles.
Not only this but something that is being requested more and more are higher backsplashes. These tend to provide that "wow" factor and really creates a dramatic flourish to a kitchen design.
-Brass or Bronze Lighting Fixtures-
One of the newest trends in kitchen remodeling is updating the lighting. While stainless steel and copper are still popular, homeowners are now requesting more high-end finishes like brass or bronze lighting fixtures for their kitchens as well. These can be used to provide dramatic accents on walls or islands while providing a sophisticated look that will last a lifetime.
Brass and bronze fixtures pair well with the color schemes that many homeowners are now embracing. Sage, grey and blue cabinets are still a common color choice which helps to offset the brass and bronze accents also incorporated into recent designs.
Trends in kitchen remodeling tend to stick around for at least a few years. If you're looking to refresh your kitchen or modernize it to fit your style, these major trends will be a great starting point. And, because none of the trends are drastic design choices, they can be a bit more timeless, saving you from having to update in just a few short years.
Fort Collins Kitchen Remodeling is a kitchen remodeling company that specializes in custom cabinetry, countertops, and complete design. We are committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality craftsmanship at an affordable price. Our experienced team of designers will work with you from start to finish to create your dream kitchen!Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Five Tips When Doing Kitchen Renovations in the Gold Coast
- Biomass boiler - The most important advantages of biomass boiler
- How To Repair A Damaged Roof? | i5 Exteriors
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Bathroom Mirror for Your Home
- How Often Should I Get My Car Serviced?
- What Makes Epoxy Resin Flooring Stand Out?
- Why Epoxy Floor Coatings Are The #1 Choice For Residential Garages
- Syd Epoxy Flooring Contractors Want To Come Work For You
- The Most Common Reasons for Blocked Drains
- What are the main advantagous of epoxy flooring?
- Get the Best Epoxy Flooring Sydney
- How to secure your home with smart home technology
- Power Tool Accessories
- 5 Electrical Tips When Moving Homes
- How To Build a Quality Australian Deck
- How to make your Bathroom Renovation More Functional
- What Is The Average Cost To Epoxy Garage Floors?
- Pest Control Checklist for Every House
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- What You Need to Know Before Buying a Toilet Fill Valve
- Effortless Ways To Properly Maintain Your Roof
- The Primary Uses Of Concrete
- Cleaning Up After A Renovation: What Your Best Options Are
- Couch Disposal Guide: What To Do With Unwanted Furniture
- 4 mistakes homeowners make when building a pergola in San Diego
- Understanding The Benefits Of Concrete
- The Best Roofing Materials That You Need To Know
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #8 - Key Strategies For U.S. Homeowners Preventing Home Fraud
- How to make your finished basement feel like a new home