Should you hire a doula birth coach?
- Author Mia Brown
- Published June 24, 2021
- Word count 461
You must have heard about the term "doula" and are wondering if you need one during your pregnancy. In order to answer that, we need to look at what is a doula and what they can do for you. In this article, we will explore the above to help you decide on that for yourself.
What does “doula” mean?
The term “doula” is originally Greek, and it means “women’s servant”. In history, women have supported each other in childbirth for hundreds of years. This support is intended to provide a positive outcome within the birthing experience.
Who are doulas?
Doulas are likely non-healthcare professionals who are trained to support the expecting mom during pregnancy, labor, childbirth, and postpartum. This means physical, emotional, and academic support. A doula can also be called a birth coach since they will be coaching pregnant couples through what to expect every step of the way. Doulas need to be certified and we recommend that you also look for their certification when in the process to hire one.
What do they do?
Think of a birth coach as an extension of the usual birthing team. The scope of their work starts with educating pregnant women in what to expect regarding the changes in their body, hormones, mood, and feelings. Second, they will explore and explain all the possible options. Most people realize there are options they did not know of. As couples understand what to expect, and their options, they will realize what their wishes and desires are. That leads to step and checking out what their birth desires are. this permits for a robust connection between – create a birth plan. A plan that will be shared with the birthing team to ensure everyone is on the same page.
Should I hire a doula?
Since these professionals believe and prioritize the mother 100%, she will be there for you every step of the way. She will be comforting you with words and physical touch as a doula is trained for. She will be the person you reach out to and trust all your questions and concerns that you may be afraid to ask. She will ask you questions about options you never knew about or explored on your own. This trust and the positive relationship have been proven to lead to a more positive and successful birth. Including higher chances of natural birth. The American Pregnancy Association has shown that support from a doula reduces requests for epidurals by up to 60%, decreased the need for C-sections by 50%, and drops labor time by about 25%.
Finally, their work goes beyond childbirth. Pregnancy and birth coaches help the new couple adjusting to the new demands of having a baby. This alone can make a positive role in avoiding post-partum depression.
There are no posted comments.
- Do Raccoons Bark?
- Why Are Some Foods Canned In Tin And Others In Aluminum?
- Know About The Top Development Trends for 2022
- Unleash The Leadership In You
- 4 Advantages of Using Large Format Printing
- 6 Ways to Cut Down on Water Waste
- Web 3.0: lessons from the past and the possibilities that lie ahead
- Tips To Up Your Web Design And Drive User-Engagement
- Is CSS a necessity for responsive web design?
- HOW AND WHEN CAN I GET AUTHORIZATION TO REMOVE GEESE FROM MY PROPERTY?
- Five Laravel Development Trends That Will Encourage to Hire Laravel Development Company
- EU Travel To The UK Post-Brexit: What To Expect
- How to design a Website to appeal to the 2022's Modern Retail Audience
- Effective Compliance: A twenty point plan for business leaders
- 10 things you should know when it comes to raccoon removal:
- What is a Drone and What are its Advantages?
- KNOW ABOUT THE TRENDS AND INSIGHTS OF WORDPRESS DESIGN IN 2022
- What you need to know about Seagull Control in Peel Region.
- The Authentic Manager
- Your Toddler is Not Your Enemy
- Everything You Need to Know About SPA Framework Vue.js
- Everything You Need To Know About Pigeon Netting
- My Father, My Mother, and More
- Do you think you have a squirrel problem?
- Why Should You Choose Copper or Brass For Your Kitchen Backsplash?
- Top 10 Companies in Need of Transcription Services
- The Best Player Fordsville Never Had
- The Legend of Carr Creek
- Here are 5 Signs that raccoons may be living in your attic.
- Facts and Myths about Seagull control