Should you hire a doula birth coach?
- Author Mia Brown
- Published June 24, 2021
- Word count 461
You must have heard about the term "doula" and are wondering if you need one during your pregnancy. In order to answer that, we need to look at what is a doula and what they can do for you. In this article, we will explore the above to help you decide on that for yourself.
What does “doula” mean?
The term “doula” is originally Greek, and it means “women’s servant”. In history, women have supported each other in childbirth for hundreds of years. This support is intended to provide a positive outcome within the birthing experience.
Who are doulas?
Doulas are likely non-healthcare professionals who are trained to support the expecting mom during pregnancy, labor, childbirth, and postpartum. This means physical, emotional, and academic support. A doula can also be called a birth coach since they will be coaching pregnant couples through what to expect every step of the way. Doulas need to be certified and we recommend that you also look for their certification when in the process to hire one.
What do they do?
Think of a birth coach as an extension of the usual birthing team. The scope of their work starts with educating pregnant women in what to expect regarding the changes in their body, hormones, mood, and feelings. Second, they will explore and explain all the possible options. Most people realize there are options they did not know of. As couples understand what to expect, and their options, they will realize what their wishes and desires are. That leads to step and checking out what their birth desires are. this permits for a robust connection between – create a birth plan. A plan that will be shared with the birthing team to ensure everyone is on the same page.
Should I hire a doula?
Since these professionals believe and prioritize the mother 100%, she will be there for you every step of the way. She will be comforting you with words and physical touch as a doula is trained for. She will be the person you reach out to and trust all your questions and concerns that you may be afraid to ask. She will ask you questions about options you never knew about or explored on your own. This trust and the positive relationship have been proven to lead to a more positive and successful birth. Including higher chances of natural birth. The American Pregnancy Association has shown that support from a doula reduces requests for epidurals by up to 60%, decreased the need for C-sections by 50%, and drops labor time by about 25%.
Finally, their work goes beyond childbirth. Pregnancy and birth coaches help the new couple adjusting to the new demands of having a baby. This alone can make a positive role in avoiding post-partum depression.
There are no posted comments.
- How to Increase Productivity Using Live Chat Bot Support
- How a Simple Gold Chain Can Change Your Fashion Aesthetics?
- Startup helps expats find a handyman in The Netherlands
- How to Use ChatBot As Customer Service Tool
- What is the Hand of Fatima?
- What Are the Main Chat Bot Benefits For Online Sellers?
- The Evolution and Effects of Quebec Independence Movement
- Reasons why BRAC is the most successful NGO globally
- Leadership Beliefs about CSR at lululemon Athletica
- Biomass boiler - The most important advantages of biomass boiler
- Questions About Solar Equipment
- 5 Reasons To Wear Hair Scrunchies On Your Wrist
- Currency Pairs and Correlation
- Toyota in America: Its Past, Present, and Future
- #1 Reason Cosmetic Patients Choose YOU
- 3 Easier Ways to Increase Aesthetic Revenues
- Attract Affluent Plastic Surgery Patients
- How to Increase Sale Conversion Using ChatBot Software
- How Do Chat Bots Work?
- Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgery Email Marketing
- Make It Impossible for Patients to Say No
- Where to Buy and How to Install Handmade Copper Tiles for Backsplash
- 6 Simple Ways To Prepare Your Car For The ‘Back To School Season’
- The World’s Loudest Classical Music
- Solar panels: How Do They Produce Electricity?
- Independent Filmmaker and Emmy Winning Sound Studio Attempt to Reimagine the Original Star Wars with a TikTok Style Mashup
- How to Increase Sales of Your Products Online
- Top 3 Online Weight Loss Program in India
- Fix Your Follow Up for Plastic Surgeons