Pakawaste Group joins the Thomas Franks Foundation in fight to help the most vulnerable
- Author Don Fryer
- Published July 13, 2021
- Word count 411
Pakawaste, the UK’s premier manufacturer and supplier of waste handling equipment, is pleased to be working with The Thomas Franks Foundation, helping and supporting them in their work delivering meals and providing supplies to those in need through the Feeding Communities project.
The Thomas Franks Foundation has been working to deliver meals and other essential supplies to those in need since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. Working in conjunction with Thomas Franks Ltd, the privately-owned international catering company, and with generous donations and continued support from their clients and suppliers, Thomas Franks has provided over 475,000 meals across the United Kingdom, Ireland, Malta, and Portugal where they operate. These fresh, healthy, nutritious meals and food parcels have been delivered to NHS staff, key workers, and vulnerable people of all ages.
David Hamer, CEO of the Pakawaste Group, had noted the foundation’s good works and as a native of Royton, was looking for a way to help those in need in the Royton and Preston areas. David reached out to founder of The Thomas Franks Foundation, Frank Bothwell, to see what he could do for the Feeding Communities project and subsequently pledged £2000 for fresh meals, to those in need in Royton and the surrounding areas.
The Thomas Franks Foundation contacted a number of charities in the Oldham region, who are supplying food aid to the area and have established a supply of fresh individually packaged, fresh meals. These meals are prepared at the foundation’s kitchen hub at Abbey Gate College and delivered to those in most need in the Royton area where David was raised and still has family and friends.
David Hamer, CEO of Pakawaste, told us ‘After seeing the news report reference the food poverty in my hometown, I reached out to Frank at The Thomas Franks Foundation regarding their feeding communities’ campaign. I asked Frank if myself and the Pakawaste Group could help in any way. It’s really great to see it in operation’.
Founder of Thomas Franks, Frank Bothwell, commented ‘I am so grateful to David Hamer for his kind donation and support throughout this time. We will continue to provide our services for as long as they are needed, with the continued help. We’re giving back to those who need it, and it feels good.’
Pakawaste has pledged to start in Royton/Oldham and then continue to work with Thomas Franks in other areas where needed, with the next project being Preston.
The Pakawaste Group is the UK’s number one Waste Handling System provider, delivering leading engineering and manufacturing services for waste management and recycling in the UK and abroad.
A market leader, Pakawaste is constantly expanding and developing its product offering, rental, service, maintenance, and manufacturing business to meet the changing and diverse demands of its clients.
www.pakawaste.co.ukArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Art and Joy of Latte Art: How to Draw on Latte
- How to Grow Healthy Tomatoes from Seeds
- Unlock the Secrets Behind Our Christmas Dinner Traditions!
- Affordable Ways To Eat Healthy: How To Nourish Your Body Without Breaking The Bank
- Cooking as a Form of Self-Care
- Title: Nutrition and Diet: A Comprehensive Guide
- The Delightful World of Food: Exploring Flavors, Cultures, and Nourishment
- Processed Foods and Their Implications for Public Health in Western Societies (Western Diets vs Eastern Cuisine)
- Zanti Cucina Italiana
- The Surprising Health Benefits Of Eating Spicy Food
- 3 Food Experiences To Try Before You Die
- Why is Cardamom "The Queen of Spices"?
- Valentine’s Day Cooking Love: 4 Romantic Meals to Cook
- Mabroc Tea
- Is Spanish food really all that?
- Yummy Apple Cider Pancake Recipes
- The Best Biriyani Dishes in London: Order Yours Today!
- The Complete Cacao Master List
- Best coffee in the world
- How To Cook a Whole Chicken: All The Details You Need to Know
- 8 Best Tailgate Items to Keep You Warm and Satisfied All Day
- The Importance of Gums, Emulsifiers, & Stabilizers in Food Prep
- 4th of July Grilling Ideas: Delicious Recipes for Your BBQ Party!
- 4 Questions to address before buying coffee
- How Does Salt Affect Your Smile?
- Why Premium?
- The Most Inspiring Immigrants in Atlantic Canada 2022
- What Do We Find in Stores When We Look for Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
- Food Shortage
- Calcium and wellbeing