The Averaging strategy in the share market
- Author Robert Stewart
- Published July 30, 2021
- Word count 463
Investors must realise that investing in the markets has its ups and downs (literally) that it is important to keep it all into the right perspective if investments do not go your way. There is a method of playing the markets in a way that you can take advantage of the market drops.
The Art of Averaging
Averaging is a term one may come across in the markets now and again; what this refers to is the average price paid for a particular share if you had bought shares in that particular company.
To calculate the average price paid for a particular share you add up the total amount you have paid for the shares and divide that by the number of shares you have bought in that company.
The answer is the average amount that you have paid per share.
Try this mathematical question:
There are five numbers 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
What is the average number?
Add up the five numbers: 10 + 20 + 30 + 40 + 50 = 150
Divide the total of the five numbers (150) by 5
150 divided by 5 = 30 (answer)
You can do this easily with a calculator.
There are so many share trading platforms available these days that investing directly into the sharemarket has never been easier for the ordinary man and women.
So how does averaging work?
If you purchase stock at regular intervals you will pay different prices for each stock because share prices go up and down. Imagine if you bought something at the supermarket last week at the full price then bought the same item this week on special. The average price you paid for the item will be somewhere between the higher price and the lower price.
The sharemarket works like that. By purchasing a particular stock at regular intervals you will manage to pick up some shares in it when the price is lower. This is the advantage of saving regularly.
In fact I think there is a case for purchasing more shares when the price is low. The average price paid per share is determined by calculations as explained earlier.
The averaging strategy can also be used in cryptocurrency investing.
Bitcoin is more volatile than the sharemarket so an astute investor who has an eye for a bargain can invest when the price has dropped.
There are so many share trading platforms available that playing the markets are accessible to everyone. I have joined two of them in New Zealand. Most countries have share trading platforms available. Signing up for them is easy; you require some form of identification. Just follow the directions and you are all set up.
Playing the markets requires a positive mindset and a cool head. If you have these you can profit from falling markets. Averaging is a method that takes advantage of falling markets.
Robert Stewart has a blog with other articles of a finance nature. Visit www.robertastewart.com Feel free to post this article on to your site, use it as part of your ebook, share it, print it, even sell it.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Investing 101
- The Upward Momentum in Crypto May Not Live Forever
- What is a free PayPal gift card?
- The Missing Calculation in Valuing Tesla Stock
- How A 28-Year-Old Financial Trap Is Exploding Now
- THE TWIN TOWERS OF BABEL ARE COMING DOWN: EQUITIES AND BONDS
- December Bragging
- Bidding At The Tax Sale – Tax Sale Success Masterclass with The Tax Lien Lady
- Beginner's Guide to Trading Cryptocurrencies
- What is Criptomoneda? - A Simple Explanation for Beginners
- Where To Start Crypto Investing
- Get Prepared For Financial Mistakes With These Tips
- Microsoft Excel to Power BI: Why you should migrate your data and reports.
- Washington's Loosing Battle With Inflation
- eToro Ireland
- How to Invest in Stocks for Beginners?
- 5 Reasons Your Home Hasn't Sold Yet
- The Tax Lien Lady Presents - Live Virtual Tax Sale Success Workshop June 2 & 3, 2022
- Three great cTrader features
- How to convert fiat to crypto
- The Future of Global Economy and Celsius Investments
- Cryptocurrency: A brief 2021 roundup using 10 top assets and thoughts for going into 2022
- What do investors expect from a startup?
- 7 Money Management Tips For Millenials
- Top 5 Live Forex Trading Rooms
- Currency Pairs and Correlation
- In 2021, Anyone Can Make Money By Playing Video Games!
- The Superior OTC Markets Investor Relations Firm
- Introduction to Forex Trading