Weight loss Advice
- Author Robert Stewart
- Published July 30, 2021
- Word count 643
The weight loss industry is worth an enormous amount of money with women being the target of advertisers. It is important for those intending to go on a diet to question their motives and ask themselves, "Am I doing it for myself or am I being fat-shamed into doing it?" It is important to just be happy being you before you consider changing anything in your life because unless you are content there will always be something that you need in order to be happy.
Just be yourself
The human race is like licorice all sorts, you never know what you are going to get. There are as many personalities as there are people and there are a variety of shapes and sizes. It is therefore to accept who you are but at the same time change what you can change.
You may have no control over your build but you can choose what you put in your mouth. You may have no control of what talents you have been given but you have control over what you do with what you have been given.
The world puts unrealistic expectations on people and especially young women. They are expected to look as glamorous as those who appear in the glossy women's magazines. Is it any wonder that so many women suffer from low self esteem?
If women think that they have too much pressure on them to look as fabulous as a Hollywood star, many of them expect men to have the perfect physical body. Let me tell you my story:
I have always been skinny; all through my life I meet women from time to time who say "You're too skinny," and so on. Once a young lady was telling me about her boyfriend and how he looks after himself. He had a good physical body. She was having a dig at me. At the time I was jogging six miles+ per day and was competing in athletics every weekend. Sometimes on both Saturday and Sunday.
As with all of the comments that have been made about me being skinny I have never taken offence nor suffered from an inferiority complex or low self esteem because of it. My shape has never bothered me. I have just accepted it as who I am.
I can understand why women would have their self-esteem attached to their weight when there is so much pressure on them to have a nice figure, but what they are really doing is living to please others rather than accepting who they really are.
It is important to accept who you are and not let your body shape determine your self worth.
You shouldn't allow comments by others to determine your self worth either. If others cannot accept who you are then that is their problem not yours.
The bottom line is that you can only live your life according to your own circumstances and not compare yourself with others because it will be similar to comparing apples to pears.
Your value is not determined by what others say about you. It is not determined by your dress size, or by your achievements. You may see the achievements of high profile sports people being applauded on TV but this will all pass. There are thousands of unsung heroes whom society takes for granted but they do their work day after day without complaint and without even a modest round of applause.
My suggestion is to focus on a "healthy eating" mindset rather than a "lose weight."
It is far easier to achieve a goal based on what you eat and how much you eat rather than it is to lose weight.
Like all things in life worth striving for, losing weight takes effort and sacrifice and only you can decide whether the outcome was worth it all.
Robert Stewart has a site www.loseweightnz.weebly.com with information about the keto diet. Feel free to share this article, post it on your blog, use it as content for your ebook, or to do anything you wish with this article without any restrictions.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Weight Loss Tips for the Busy Professional: Weight Management
- Ten Weight Loss Hacks
- How to Lose Weight Overnight: Amazing Simple Tips
- How to Lose Weight Without the Yo-Yo Dieting
- Think Fat Loss, Not Weight Loss
- Does Cirrhosis Cause Gynecomastia
- Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) dosage for gynecomastia
- Weight loss tips
- Did You Realise That There’s a Healthy Trans Fat That Burns Abdominal Fat?
- Personal Fitness Trainer in Kenya, personal Trainer in Kenya, personal fitness coach, jpnyiha.com
- The best way to lose weight with minimal effort
- Exipure Reviews: The Shocking Truth Exposed! What are Customers Saying?
- Ultrasonic Cavitation Weight Loss
- Weight Loss and Your Smile: How Eating Healthier Can Help Your Waistline and Your Mouth
- Over 40 Keto Solution Review
- Ways To Lose Weight Permanently
- Weight Loss Tips For Women Over 40
- Padding of the hips, back, stomach: how to lose them?
- Best Weight Loss Program - 10 Effective Lifestyle Tips
- Exercise to Reduce Belly Fat for Female at Home Over 50
- Java Burn Reviews Coffee Weight Loss Supplement Really Works?
- Best Weight Loss Methods For Today 2021
- How to Overcome Weight Loss Challenges
- Lose Weight Or Lose 13 Years!
- Discover My Simple Morning Ritual That Can Help You Lose Excess Weight Instantly
- 1 Cup At 9pm Shrinks Your Belly While You Sleep
- Top 3 Online Weight Loss Program in India
- 10 Tips to Help You Lose 10 Pounds in a Month
- Weight Control And Effective Weight Loss
- Which massage is best for weight loss?