How to fill out the CSLB License Application Page 1
- Author Phil Cocciante
- Published October 13, 2021
- Word count 570
The first question you must answer is, what is my business name? The second question is, which relates to the first question, what type of business entity will I be?
Let’s take the first question.
A business name can be your personal name or a fictitious business name (FBN), also referred to as a DBA or Doing Business As. The Contractors State License Board has specific requirements when it comes to a contractor’s license business name.
If applying for a sole owner, or sole proprietor license, you can use your personal name as the business name. Of you can use an FBN. If you choose to use an FBN, you’ll want to make sure it is available within your city or county to register, and this registration is required no matter what business entity you go with.
As I discussed in a previous post, a business name that denotes any trade classification must denote the classification being applied for. If you are applying for a plumbing license and your business name is ABC Solar, the CSLB will require you to provide a DBA that includes the word “plumbing” in it. If your FBN is Apples to Apples, then the CSLB won’t ask you to change it or add a DBA because Apples to Apples does not denote any trade classification.
Now the second question.
Will you operate as a sole owner, partnership, corporation, or LLC? These entity types have their own specific requirements.
Sole Owner: Just you, or you and an RME qualifier
Partnership: You and one or more other partners
Corporation: Just you, or you and a qualifier, and other officers. Note, officers listed on the corporation record with the Secretary of State must also be listed on the license application.
LLC: Just you, or you and a qualifier, and other managers or members. Note, an LLC license has an additional bonding requirement that ranges in price from $1250 to $5000 a year. All LLC members of managers listed on the Sect. of State record must also be listed on the license application.
Once you’ve tackled the business name question you can move on to Section 2 of the app. Here you’ll check the appropriate box for your business type.
A partnership requires a partnership EIN that is obtained from the IRS. The number will be in this format: XX-XXXXXXX.
A corporation requires a Corp number that is obtained from the CA Sect. of State. The number will be in this format: CXXXXXXX.
An LLC requires and LLC number that is also obtained from the CA Sect. of State. The number will be in this format: XXXXXXXXXXXX, and it begins with the year the LLC was formed.
Note: A partnership, corporation, or LLC must be formed prior to submitting your license application to the CSLB.
Here you will list the qualifier’s information. The qualifier is person who has the experience and will be taking the CSLB exam(s). Note: the qualifier can also be the sole owner, sole officer or sole LLC member, unless the qualifier holds no officer or manager/member positions. If the qualifier is not a sole owner, sole officer, or sole manager/member, then the sole owner, officers, or manager/members information will be listed in Section 4, page 2 of the application.
Please see my next post for how to complete Section 4, or page 2 of the CSLB license application.
Contractors License Guru, LLC
916-217-1852Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- One Person One Vote is Not Enough to Rescue America’s Faltering Democracy
- What Lowers Testosterone? The Answers May Surprise You.
- Just not comparable
- I Have Been Made Redundant! Do I need a Settlement Agreement?
- Will 2022 be the year of the LinkedIn business influencer?
- Essential Fine Jewelry for a New Year Party
- Miles Of Smiles Nursery and pre-school Dubai al Barsha
- 5 Ultimate Diamond Jewelry Fashion to Watch Out For in 2022
- Biggest online slot game wins
- Why Are Catalytic Converters Being Stolen?
- Service Dogs Against Anxiety and Depression
- The Equality of the Fallen
- Reframing Faith through Fantasy
- Mythopoeic Grace
- To the Ghost We Have Not Met
- White Spots on Teeth: How to Improve Your Smile
- 3 Top Christian Influencers in India
- Top 3 Christian Podcasts in India
- Finding your Purpose through your Pain
- Weight Loss and Your Smile: How Eating Healthier Can Help Your Waistline and Your Mouth
- Over 40 Keto Solution Review
- The Best YouTube SEO Tips to Implement
- How Exercise Can Benefit Your Mouth
- Solar thermal panel for water heating
- How to Rank Better for Local Searches on Google
- 3 Top Most Christmas Jewelry Trends You Should Know About
- Most Common Electrical Incidents and How to Avoid Them
- How to Play Ethermore: A Step-by-Step Guide
- An Introduction to Ethermore: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started
- 6 Fabulous Tips to Find the Best Dissertation Topics