Hub Motors versus Mid-Drive for E-bikes
- Author Craig Windham
- Published October 26, 2021
- Word count 343
The Magicycle 750 Watt Hub Motor is the Perfect Choice
We often see debate as to whether a hub motor or a mid-drive motor is the better choice. This is an important consideration — your choice of motor type will strongly affect the quality of your riding experience. Here’s why we selected a powerful and reliable hub motor for the Magicycle.
• Mid-drive motors are more complex and more expensive.
• Much more maintenance is required for mid-drive motors.
• Proper shifting is vital on a mid-drive ebike.
• Hub motors have a simple, very reliable design.
• Hub motors are less expensive.
• Shifting is easy and even not required for hub drive ebikes.
For easy, comfortable, relaxed riding, the hub motor is an obvious choice. That choice is confirmed when you realize that hub motors are far more economical than mid-drive motors. With 750 watts of nominal power, the Magicycle hub motor is the perfect size. If you settle for a 500 watt motor, your ebike will feel underpowered on the steep hills.
The design of mid-drive motors requires a much larger number of moving parts. This naturally means more wear and tear, along with greater possibility of motor failure. Mid-drive motors are also more complex to install or replace, which adds to the expense.
Even if you are new to ebiking, with a hub motor you can be very quickly riding with confidence. For example, shifting is often unnecessary if your bike is powered by a hub motor, and you can even shift when the bike is stopped. But with a mid-drive motor, the bike must be moving before the rider can shift, and while riding it must be shifted frequently.
The hub motor on all Magicycle ebikes is powered by an impressive 52 volt battery. The battery is beautifully incorporated into the ebike frame, yet very easy to remove. It charges quickly, and is rated at 15 amp hours. This battery will keep your hub motor humming for 30 – 60 miles on a single charge! Your mileage will vary according to your weight, the terrain, and how much you want to peddle.
There are no posted comments.
- How to Get Succeed With a Customer-centric Through Digital Marketing Services Strategy
- Keurig agrees that coffee pod recyclability of K-Cup Pods suits
- How Blockchain and A.I. Will Affect Businesses in the Next 10 Years
- Play Online Sport Bet at Trusted Sports Betting Malaysia Sportsbook Online BBQ1688
- 4 Ways the Media Landscape Has Changed Over Covid
- Unique Branding Ideas to Use On Instagram
- Why dogs are humans’ best friends?
- Guide to the Transition from Liquid Shampoos to Solid Shampoo Bars
- Waiting to see the Doctor
- Excellent Reasons For Joining a Pilates Class
- Emotions during fertility treatment
- Make Every Citizen an Owner! The Case for Universal Basic Ownership!
- We Have Met the Enemy and He Is Us
- 5 Top Reasons Why Jewelry is Enticing to Working Women
- Introduction to Sea Turtle Hatchings
- Intentional Discomfort and its Benefits for Entrepreneurs
- Marital Rape: The Perspective of Legal Positivism and Natural Justice
- Answering FAQ’s About Plastic Surgery
- Ikigai, the Spiritually Intelligent Metaverse for Leaders
- How many diverse types of service dogs and what they do?
- The Big Problem of Burnout for Mental Health Professionals
- Stackable Rings for Women: Similar vs Alternative Style
- BBQ1688 Malaysia associate forms rare consortium with rivals to bid for sports betting licence
- Jurisprudential Analysis of Euthanasia
- Do You Need Motivation To Get Fitter and Healthier? An Online Fitness Programme May Be The Answer
- Malignant Motives
- Premier Carriage Proud Of 25 Years Of Service Excellence
- The Journey to Ezido Lake: A Story about Empathy
- Preventing Burnout in the Healthcare Profession
- 5 content writing tools that everyone should know in 2022