5 Reason to start a Podcast
- Author Phillip Simmons
- Published November 16, 2021
- Word count 603
Starting a podcast can be a daunting task, but can have significant value for your business. We spoke to the podcast founders from Business Over Drinks - a podcast about business, entrepreneurship and more (with alcohol) - was started and the reasons behind it.
Co-hosts Terng shares why he started this podcast and how it helped him promote his own company SYNC PR and his co-host’s new book (title NSFW). While for brands, it might be different, though the benefits and value of the podcast are definitely worth exploring.
Here’s why a podcast would make sense for your business.
It is a growing format around the world
Being an early adopter is not a bad thing. This is like the early days of music or video streaming, everyone’s doing it, but why not you. Podcasts are enjoying that same groundswell and developing a community of dedicated early adopters.
Though still in its infancy in the region, it is growing in popularity and gaining a following. This provides you with the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and be the pioneers for podcasts in the region.
Using data from the US, the number one market in terms of podcast consumption, we can see strong to exponential growth in the number of podcasts and listeners. The question isn’t if it will happen in Asia, but when it will.
Selling yourself and your brand is easier
Some call it shameless self-promotion, but the platform lends itself to being open to your listeners and selling your brand as part of the content. Do not produce 25-minute advertisements but do not be averse to promoting your brands or products.
Podcasts are easier to consume wherever you are
The audio format makes it easier to digest when driving or provides you either a learning or entertainment option when you're taking public transport and more. It is an easy and low-data usage option for most people.
Podcasts create communities
One of the hardest things for brands to do is to create a community. From their experience, it helps you connect better to your audience, while at the same time gives you an avenue to really let your personality or values shine through.
However, what we have come to understand is that through podcasts, the rate of engagement is a lot higher than written content. You can develop a closer relationship with your listeners through the fact that they feel you are engaging them directly through your podcasts because they can hear your voices and the conversational tone of your content.
There is a similar trend to how social commerce is becoming a growth industry in the region as consumers want to create a connection with brands and sellers.
It is a ton of fun
Everyone wants to have fun. While this might not be the most professional or essential reason to start a podcast but is a really good one. If you have a passion for your industry or even just your brand, then you need to be shouting it from the metaphorical rooftops and letting people know what you got going on. Use it as an outlet to share it with the world.
So if you’re still not convinced, listen to a few podcasts that suit your interests to see how you feel. It might help you better understand the medium and it benefits it can have on your business.
You can find them on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, as well as most other major podcast platforms.
You can listen to my podcast here on Sportify and Anchor.....
Simmons is an author, podcaster and marketer specialising in helping companies scale.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Top 5 Trip-Hop Albums Of All Time
- Xeyoa Fans are on Edge Awaiting Upcoming Project: ‘Stars’
- How Technology Can Assist Everyone in the Battle Against Dyslexia. Don't let it get in the way of your reading.
- A Chamber Group Is More Fun Than A Party
- Four Of The Fabulous Folk Albums Released In Recent Years
- Quick rundown on Music Sync licensing
- #GetToKnow: Snazzy Who is Poised to Take the Charts by Storm
- Harry Potter retold new book, Terrie, The Sorcerer, released and news about it
- Sultan Road Excerpt
- How Music Changed The World
- Edgy ideas that influence a poet
- Norman Music Festival Announces Its Comeback In 2022! - Know About The Summer Sound Check Series
- COP26 and Amazon's contradiction towards protecting the world
- What is General Knowledge, and what is it for?
- Serving others brings out the finest in us
- The Changing Face of Music
- The Loudest Bands In History: 10 Ear-Splitting Acts Who’ll Batter Your Brain With Sound
- The World’s Loudest Classical Music
- An Exploration of Androgyny and the Revival of Rock & Roll
- Maria Pellicano explores Family Constellations with her heartfelt single, ‘My Gift Of Love’
- Born To Raise Decibels: Inside The Loudest Band Of All Time
- How to Transfer Songs from Spotify to iTunes
- From Baroque To Rock: The Surprising Similarities Between Classical And Modern Music
- Songwriter Gifted Pen Hired For To Write The Hits
- A Portrait Of A Ghostwriter
- Can't Stop The Music Down On Music Row
- 5 Ways To Experience More Music
- The Authors World
- PANDEMIC BOOK BOOM IN AUSTRALIA