Serving others brings out the finest in us
Arts & Entertainment → Books & Music
- Author Asha Bajaj
- Published October 23, 2021
- Word count 513
#Depression; #DebraAtlas; #Philosophy; #Psychology; #SpiritualLeaders; #Community
Canadian-Media: A review of Debra Atlas's book 'You Aren't Depression's Victim' is given by Asha Bajaj, editorial director, publisher, and marketing of Canadian-Media.
In her book 'You Aren't Depression's Victim', Debra Atlas empowers readers with uplifting messages and thought-provoking possibilities through her own experiences, pitfalls, and enlightenment.
Having lived through deep wells of depression in her life, Atlas learned to recognize the signs of oncoming depression and how to step back from its edge.
This book helps readers recognize depression, offering tools to help them step back before it hits them. It provides a philosophical and psychological analysis of the devastating state of depression.
Atlas provides useful lessons on how to be grateful for the blessings in life and the importance of being kind and thoughtful to others in their times of need, all of which help ward off feelings of helplessness.
From childhood, Atlas felt like an odd person out with feelings of being not good enough and not belonging. From age 2, Atlas felt a deep sense of inadequacy and worthlessness. She kept her depression hidden from family and friends until the age of 14 when she attempted suicide. Family and friends never recognized the signs of her depression.
Through these revelations, Debra raises awareness in the world community about the signs of depression.
When Atlas faced an overwhelming emotional crisis, a chance meeting with a therapist and the therapy that followed became a lifeline that opened the door to life-changing insights and tools that helped her gain clarity, confidence, and equilibrium. Through hard work, Atlas discovered that we have a choice not to be a victim of depression, which unfolded her path to living a balanced and fulfilled life.
The book inspires readers in the thought process that it is not what we get from the community, rather what we give to it that is more fulfilling. This book must be read by readers of all ages as it provides positive alternatives to not being victimized by depression.
The use of quotes from spiritual leaders is proof of how Atlas applied spirituality in her life to navigate from the dark world of negativity to the brighter world of balance.
Atlas encourages readers to let go of shortcomings. Through her relations with family and friends, she unfolds the importance of being open to the advice and help of others which wards off loneliness, a leading cause of depression.
This book urges readers to shift their outlook as sometimes a change of perspective makes readers aware of the miracles already present in their lives.
'You Aren’t Depression’s Victim' reveals the importance of taking positive steps like enjoying nature and having regular workouts to enable readers to come out of the state of inaction during a depressive state. A change of scenario, change of actions, changes in thinking patterns, change in plans are all important factors towards stepping back from depression and finding balance in life.
Pub Date: August 12, 2021 Page Count: 118
ISBN: 10: 1737047608 Publisher: BookBaby
ISBN: 13: 978-1737047605 Categories: Self-help
Copyright: @December 2020 by Debra Atlas Paperback: $11.95 USD
Kindle: $3.99 USD
Asha Bajaj is the editorial director, publisher, and marketing of Canadian Media (www.canadian-media.com) which is a digital news media publication of both national and international news on varied segments of society such as Health, Politics, Business, Education, Environment, Biodiversity, Science & Research, First Nations.
She is also a Special Canadian correspondent of IBNSCanada Inc. (part of https://www.indiablooms.com/world-home-main.html).Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Marvelous World of Cigar Box Guitars: A Testament to Creativity and Musical Ingenuity
- Beyond Hogwarts: Discovering the Diversity of Fantasy Fiction Authors
- Why Does Exploration Fantasy Works The Best?
- Why You Need To Read Escapism Fantasy?
- Why Are Characters So Important In Fantasy Novels?
- What Are Adventure Fantasy Novels Centered Around?
- Why is Captain James T. Kirk Known and Loved by So Many?
- Why is JK Rowling a Life Changer for Generation Z?
- What Makes Something Sci-Fi?
- Are You Falling Into These Common Traps as an Aspiring Writer?
- Why 2023 Is The Time To Write Your Own Destiny
- Discover the Joy of Reading on Audible
- Is There Such A Thing As Dragon Magic?
- Unique Ways to Become a Better Musician
- The Streets of London
- The Future is Quantum on a psychic level.
- Loving Beyond Borders
- Tips to becoming a published author in one year or less
- 5 Of The Best Modern Christmas Songs For Christmas 2022
- Rising Indian Music Stars Harshal Bhatt and Hemen Bhatt
- Trying Hard to Cram In A lot Into Your Head Within A Limited Time?
- Christian Book Recommendations
- Quran Learning Online
- A Journey Through 1980s Music
- 5 Empowering Tracks From Female Icons To Make You Feel Inspired
- What You Need to Know About Bruno Mars
- Songwriting For Beginners: How To Starting Writing Those Magical Melodies
- How to Play "How He Loves" on Ukulele
- A POSTMODERN APPROACH: THE CONCEPT OF ‘’ANTI-HERO’’ AND ‘’SUBJECTIVITY’’ IN VONNEGUT’S SLAUGHTERHOUSE 5 AND GARDNER’S GRENDEL
- Our Top R&B And Soul Hits For Summer 2022