Serving others brings out the finest in us
- Author Asha Bajaj
- Published October 23, 2021
- Word count 513
#Depression; #DebraAtlas; #Philosophy; #Psychology; #SpiritualLeaders; #Community
Canadian-Media: A review of Debra Atlas's book 'You Aren't Depression's Victim' is given by Asha Bajaj, editorial director, publisher, and marketing of Canadian-Media.
In her book 'You Aren't Depression's Victim', Debra Atlas empowers readers with uplifting messages and thought-provoking possibilities through her own experiences, pitfalls, and enlightenment.
Having lived through deep wells of depression in her life, Atlas learned to recognize the signs of oncoming depression and how to step back from its edge.
This book helps readers recognize depression, offering tools to help them step back before it hits them. It provides a philosophical and psychological analysis of the devastating state of depression.
Atlas provides useful lessons on how to be grateful for the blessings in life and the importance of being kind and thoughtful to others in their times of need, all of which help ward off feelings of helplessness.
From childhood, Atlas felt like an odd person out with feelings of being not good enough and not belonging. From age 2, Atlas felt a deep sense of inadequacy and worthlessness. She kept her depression hidden from family and friends until the age of 14 when she attempted suicide. Family and friends never recognized the signs of her depression.
Through these revelations, Debra raises awareness in the world community about the signs of depression.
When Atlas faced an overwhelming emotional crisis, a chance meeting with a therapist and the therapy that followed became a lifeline that opened the door to life-changing insights and tools that helped her gain clarity, confidence, and equilibrium. Through hard work, Atlas discovered that we have a choice not to be a victim of depression, which unfolded her path to living a balanced and fulfilled life.
The book inspires readers in the thought process that it is not what we get from the community, rather what we give to it that is more fulfilling. This book must be read by readers of all ages as it provides positive alternatives to not being victimized by depression.
The use of quotes from spiritual leaders is proof of how Atlas applied spirituality in her life to navigate from the dark world of negativity to the brighter world of balance.
Atlas encourages readers to let go of shortcomings. Through her relations with family and friends, she unfolds the importance of being open to the advice and help of others which wards off loneliness, a leading cause of depression.
This book urges readers to shift their outlook as sometimes a change of perspective makes readers aware of the miracles already present in their lives.
'You Aren’t Depression’s Victim' reveals the importance of taking positive steps like enjoying nature and having regular workouts to enable readers to come out of the state of inaction during a depressive state. A change of scenario, change of actions, changes in thinking patterns, change in plans are all important factors towards stepping back from depression and finding balance in life.
Pub Date: August 12, 2021 Page Count: 118
ISBN: 10: 1737047608 Publisher: BookBaby
ISBN: 13: 978-1737047605 Categories: Self-help
Copyright: @December 2020 by Debra Atlas Paperback: $11.95 USD
Kindle: $3.99 USD
Asha Bajaj is the editorial director, publisher, and marketing of Canadian Media (www.canadian-media.com) which is a digital news media publication of both national and international news on varied segments of society such as Health, Politics, Business, Education, Environment, Biodiversity, Science & Research, First Nations.
She is also a Special Canadian correspondent of IBNSCanada Inc. (part of https://www.indiablooms.com/world-home-main.html).Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Top 5 Trip-Hop Albums Of All Time
- Xeyoa Fans are on Edge Awaiting Upcoming Project: ‘Stars’
- How Technology Can Assist Everyone in the Battle Against Dyslexia. Don't let it get in the way of your reading.
- A Chamber Group Is More Fun Than A Party
- Four Of The Fabulous Folk Albums Released In Recent Years
- Quick rundown on Music Sync licensing
- #GetToKnow: Snazzy Who is Poised to Take the Charts by Storm
- Harry Potter retold new book, Terrie, The Sorcerer, released and news about it
- Sultan Road Excerpt
- How Music Changed The World
- Edgy ideas that influence a poet
- Norman Music Festival Announces Its Comeback In 2022! - Know About The Summer Sound Check Series
- COP26 and Amazon's contradiction towards protecting the world
- What is General Knowledge, and what is it for?
- 5 Reason to start a Podcast
- The Changing Face of Music
- The Loudest Bands In History: 10 Ear-Splitting Acts Who’ll Batter Your Brain With Sound
- The World’s Loudest Classical Music
- An Exploration of Androgyny and the Revival of Rock & Roll
- Maria Pellicano explores Family Constellations with her heartfelt single, ‘My Gift Of Love’
- Born To Raise Decibels: Inside The Loudest Band Of All Time
- How to Transfer Songs from Spotify to iTunes
- From Baroque To Rock: The Surprising Similarities Between Classical And Modern Music
- Songwriter Gifted Pen Hired For To Write The Hits
- A Portrait Of A Ghostwriter
- Can't Stop The Music Down On Music Row
- 5 Ways To Experience More Music
- The Authors World
- PANDEMIC BOOK BOOM IN AUSTRALIA