Expanding Outdoor Dining by the National Restaurant Association
- Author Helen Rookard
- Published December 15, 2021
- Word count 575
Due to the pandemic, many people had to stay at home without going to the cafe or a restaurant, but now, many people want to eat at restaurants indoors. However, some people prefer restaurants that offer outdoor dining.
Why does it happen?
Some people still have fears, so they prefer outdoor dining because they feel more save
Many people prefer outdoor dining to leverage natural airflow
And apart from this, there are even more reasons to recommend outdoor dining for restaurants.
The National Restaurant Association sent a letter in October to mayors in the US where it asked all the local leaders for help in expanding outdoor dining. Here are the recommendations listed in this letter:
Expanding the allowance for outdoor dining
Reducing the requirements to permit the expanding
Funds for promotion of outdoor dining
Winter is coming soon, and most restaurants are getting about 20% of their incomes thanks to outdoor dining. But colder weather will force restaurants to stop outdoor dining, so as a result, their sales will be lowered during the winter. Following the regulations, about 68% of restaurants will have to stop outdoor dining by the end of October. Around 30% of restaurants will keep outdoor dining available all season because, during the last 2 years, many of them lost a lot in profits.
Outdoor Dining Closing: The Possible Impact
Many restaurants have created their patio dining due to the growing demand of customers. For example, New York is a city where outdoor dining is very popular these days. But due to many complaints, some of the spaces were removed by officials.
According to polls, about 60% of adult people had to change their dining plans. Plus, rising COVID cases keep more people searching for outdoor dining to eat outside.
These people were polled during the warmer season, so due to cold weather, some adults may change their preferences, so the whole percentage can be decreased.
Sadly, maintaining outdoor dining in the winter and summer is quite different. In winter, cold weather requires additional funds from restaurant owners to keep outdoor patios open for clients.
The Association recommends increasing this funding and simplifying the permitting process to keep outdoor dining open in the winter.
The Main Recommendations for Outdoor Patios
If you own a restaurant and want to survive in the winter, it's recommended to ask your city council to check out what sort of help is available in your place. Requirements in outdoor dining are changing often, so it's a good idea to understand what kind of help you can or cannot get.
If the scenario goes its best way, you will have the next opportunities:
Secure and fast permitting
Apply for assistance or grants
If you have got permission for open outdoor space, invest money wisely. Do not try to expand the area – it's better to keep it to a reasonable size and see if the amount of space is enough for clients.
How to encourage people to eat in your outdoor space? Here are some good ideas to make your place more attractive:
Place your outdoor sittings near trees
Invest a bit to create a romantic and cozy atmosphere
Add more lightings to make the place attractive
When you are improving your restaurant's outdoor space, mind the requirements set in your city, especially pay attention to distancing and spacing guidelines. Make your place inviting and encourage people to visit your restaurant: always remind clients they can eat outdoors because you offer this option.
Helen Rookard is a marketing specialist and writer at McDonald Paper & Restaurant Supplies. Read more on this topic https://mcdonaldpaper.com/blog/outdoor-dining-expansionArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Branding through Personalized Packaging
- A WIDE RANGE OF KILTS FOR SALE
- 5 reasons to start a business during a recession!
- The Most Entertaining Hackers List Reviews You Need To Follow
- The Definitive Guide to Converting PSD Files Into A Website
- Actually Useful Advice On The Differences Between Leaders And Managers
- Safety guidelines for warehouse operations (loading and unloading, packaging, personnel, equipment)
- A day in the life of an SEN teacher
- Snapping up a great pair of earphones
- The Most Popular Roofing Materials Used in Florida Homes.
- Leader, Are You Missing the Inventory Management Mark?
- Broadband Internet Services
- Why worth is to hire office clearance company
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Personal Development Skills
- Click For Translation
- 18/8 What is stainless steel?
- Select only the best when opening an offshore company
- Tempered Glass Vs Ceramic Glass For Fireplaces
- Changing the Game - MIKROS SDK - Broadening the View Into Your Product
- 3 Common Mistakes When Planning Corporate Sales Training
- How to find a reliable gold dealer in Brisbane?
- Tips to Select a Suitable Smart Lock for Your Home
- How Can I Buy verified Psychiatrists Mailing List?
- About Choosing The Best Bed Linen For Your Home
- Digitally easy, digitally accessible in the Philippines: TeleTech Virtual Recruitment Process
- Learn More About Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products And Why It Is Important To Use Products
- The Top advantage Of Kraft Boxes
- The Usefulness of Fumigation in 2021
- Why Are Fire Doors Important?