The Three Mechanical Engineering Options at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Author Peter
- Published April 22, 2022
- Word count 528
Mechanical Engineering is a popular discipline, it is one of the commonly offered engineering programme at higher education institution: be it at university, polytechnic or at some other vocational or technical education institutions.
The engineering discipline has to do with making and maintenance of machines of various use and sizes and in the consultancy and marketing of engineering products.
As important as Mechanical Engineering is, it is inevitable in other engineering disciplines, the work of a mechanical engineer cut across all industries. It is a basis for some engineering disciplines such as Aerospace Enginering, Automotive Engineering, Locomotive Engineering and Marine Engineering. We find the work of mechanical engineers in Computer, Robot, Electrical, Systems, Petroleum, Mining and some other known engineering disciplines.
Many of the universities that offer Mechanical Engineering as a taught subject offer it with various options and one of such universities is Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), California.
MIT parade three (3) options for it taught Mechanical Engineering as they are mentioned below. This mean when you are admitted to study for a degree in this major at MIT you could always find an option underneath it that suit your purpose or your talent as a student.
The three (3) Mechanical Engineering options at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States are as following:
Mechanical Engineering (BSc):
This is the flagship programme at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, (MIT) It is design to help students understand the basic principle of Mechanical Engineering and it application in solving day to day challenges face by man and it's environment.
The programme is taught by qualified and highly experienced lecturers who are able to imparted relevent experience and updated engineering techniques and modern research practices.
This engineering programme is broad and interdisciplinary. It is meant to walk students through all form of engineering programmes at the early years of study and later concentrate in one major area of discipline as per the desire or the ability of a student.
The BSc Engineering as a programme according to MIT, is pulling a lot of attention from within and outside the US because of the fact that it offers tailor made curriculum plus some of the core courses as with the flagship mechanical engineering.
Mechanical and Ocean Engineering (BSc):
When you study oceanography, you are knowledgeable in anything ocean and this include the ocean ecosystem, marine life, ocean waves, currents and many more but the programme: Mechanical and Ocean Engineering as being taught at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Mechanical Engineering focus on the engineering aspect of ocean, the subject area which is rarely taught at anywhere..
The programme walk the students through the application of mechanical engineering to the ocean exploration, extracting resourses and to making ocean useable for transportation and for defence purposes like how it affect the movement and the functionality of a submarine. It also equipped the student with the skill to designing and developing underwater vehicles, robots, sensors and weapons.
All the programme options offers by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology are accredited by ABET and each is run for a minimum duration of four (4) years. They are all undergraduate programmes.
There are no posted comments.
- Biology in the Bible: Evolution in the Garden of Eden
- From Hand to Mouth: The Happenstance of Human Language Origins
- Uncovering Social Engineering: Shielding Your Digital Strongholds
- Pitfalls in IELTS exams
- Study of Bacterial Mastitis in Dairy Cattle of Pokhara Valley, Kaski Nepal.
- What is the best college counseling service for Ivy League schools?
- Are college admissions coaches worth it?
- How do I choose a college admissions counselor? — The Ivy Institute
- The Ivy Institute Recognized in “15 Best Ivy League Blogs and Websites” by Feedspot
- Reviews of The Ivy Institute Come in the Form of Acceptance Letters!
- What is Harvard looking for? Why this question is a student’s biggest mistake. — The Ivy Institute
- Do you need a college admissions consultant?
- Five digits may change admissions: Will zip codes become the new affirmative action? — The Ivy Institute
- Essay: Wave/Particle Theory Revisited: In Support of de Broglie's Model
- The South China Sea: Navigating a Geopolitical Hotspot
- Reasons to Get a Roommate: Enhancing Your Living Experience
- Rural Realities: iLembe District's Struggle with Technological Disparity
- Tips for managing funds effectively for college students
- AN ASSESSMENT OF WOMEN'S ATTITUDES TOWARDS SPECIAL SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAMMES IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA
- What happens after graduation from the Higher Institution of Learning?
- What You Need To Have Before Graduating College
- Best Scholarships for Women in USA
- College Scholarships Essay tips
- History of Texas A&M University
- Essay: Brain Genesis and the Frontal Cortex : An Approach/Avoidance Model
- Campus Involvement on College Campuses
- Piscean Depression: A Clinical/Remedial Concept
- Murder, Narcissism, and the Limbic Ring: The Neurology of The Serial Killer
- Reliable Nursing Assignment Help At An Affordable Price
- 10 Studying Life Hacks to Help You Work Smarter This Semester