How to Survive Solitary Confinement in Prison?
- Author William Mason
- Published April 26, 2022
- Word count 589
Surviving prison is hard enough for most people. What more if you are held in solitary confinement for the rest of your prison sentence? Do you have any idea how to survive solitary confinement in prison? Man is a social being. He is made to exist in a community or society where he is expected to connect to others in his surroundings, even when in prison. It can be expected therefore that people who are solitarily confined for a long period will experience a bout of mental problems such as paranoia, anxiety, depression, panic and aggression.
Being housed separately from the rest of the prison population, with scarce or no human contact at all except for the guards who silently deliver your meals or take you outside of your cell (to another open but still enclosed area) for that daily one hour respite from confinement is simply torture.
People who have experienced solitary confinement for long periods of time can attest that it will mentally affect you, if you are not careful. Being deprived of any human contact in a SHU (Solitary housing unit), which usually does not have windows, just solid wall of cement in all corners, can drive you nuts. Suicide rate amongst these types of prisoners is quite high. Moreover, people who have pre-existing mental conditions may experience debilitating symptoms that may cause them to have difficulties re-entering society after the incarceration.
Solitary confinements are used by prison system to penalize offenders. The room or area where you will be confined is very cramped, dark and smelly most of the time. I think it is the prison system’s way of breaking down a convict, to make him think about what he has done in his life or what he had committed that lead him to prison. If you don’t know how to survive solitary confinement in prison, you will end up broken and lost in the end, unable to re-enter society as a rational, sane human being. Here are a few things that will help you on how to survive solitary confinement in prison, should you ever be sent to one.
Exercise. Most solitary housing units or rooms are cramped, dark, windowless and small. However, you can still perform some basic exercises to strengthen your muscles and bones. Exercise will also help you attain physical good health and sound mind. Do not let the limited space hinder you from maintaining your physical form.
Meditate. Learning how to meditate can help you be at peace with yourself and with the world around you, regardless of your situation and location. When boredom strikes, as it will often do, turn to meditation to help you free your mind of negative thoughts that can lead you to depression, panic and paranoia. You should realize that the power to make a heaven out of hell is in your hands.
Read and write. You won’t get to have television or radio when you are in solitary confinement. However, you can ask your friends and relatives to send you some books and magazines to while away the time. If you are not yet into writing, start writing. Jot down your thoughts, feelings and whatever comes to mind during your confinement. It may be the only outlet you will ever have, so make the most out of it. Do some self-enhancing activities such as learning to write books, articles or do things with the use of your hands. You may be able to put these skills later when you re-enter society.
To get a real idea on what goes on inside the worst USA prisons visit https://www.inmatesurvival.com/top-10-most-notorious-correctional-facilities-in-the-united-states/
To view my top recommended prison and jail movies and TV series shows visit https://www.inmatesurvival.com/top-best-prison-and-jail-movies-and-tv-shows-of-all-time/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 6 Ways to Cut Down on Water Waste
- Web 3.0: lessons from the past and the possibilities that lie ahead
- Tips To Up Your Web Design And Drive User-Engagement
- Is CSS a necessity for responsive web design?
- HOW AND WHEN CAN I GET AUTHORIZATION TO REMOVE GEESE FROM MY PROPERTY?
- Five Laravel Development Trends That Will Encourage to Hire Laravel Development Company
- EU Travel To The UK Post-Brexit: What To Expect
- How to design a Website to appeal to the 2022's Modern Retail Audience
- Effective Compliance: A twenty point plan for business leaders
- 10 things you should know when it comes to raccoon removal:
- What is a Drone and What are its Advantages?
- KNOW ABOUT THE TRENDS AND INSIGHTS OF WORDPRESS DESIGN IN 2022
- What you need to know about Seagull Control in Peel Region.
- The Authentic Manager
- Your Toddler is Not Your Enemy
- Everything You Need to Know About SPA Framework Vue.js
- Everything You Need To Know About Pigeon Netting
- My Father, My Mother, and More
- Do you think you have a squirrel problem?
- Why Should You Choose Copper or Brass For Your Kitchen Backsplash?
- Top 10 Companies in Need of Transcription Services
- The Best Player Fordsville Never Had
- The Legend of Carr Creek
- Here are 5 Signs that raccoons may be living in your attic.
- Facts and Myths about Seagull control
- What is Wordpress? 8 Advantages of Using WordPress
- Canadian Geese: How to deal with them legally.
- How do you get rid of a Skunk from under your deck?
- 5 Types of Material you can consider for your Product Packaging
- What is the job of a Transcriptionist?