Printer Ink is more Expensive than Champagne
- Author Gareth Murdock
- Published August 31, 2022
- Word count 343
Branded printer ink like Canon, Epson, HP, Dell, Brother, OKI and Samsung is more expensive than Champagne. Maybe not as expensive in taste but in price is shocking. The difference in third-party ink manufacturers to the leading brands is very significant, hence raising the question why do consumers continue to use the branded cartridges even the numbers are falling every year.
A recent survey have explored printer user's opinions in the home and at work. Compatible and remanufactured ink cartridges perform as well or better than the branded cartridges. Proving the myth wrong that branded ink will run better in your printer and the printed hard copies are better quality then generic brands.
Highlighting popular model's numbers in Epson, Brother and Canon the third-party cartridges were ranging from 300% to 600% lower. Startling figures although these are specific examples but very much in line with the pattern of prices. The overwhelming majority of generic cartridges are lower than the matching branded ink.
It was also found that HP were introducing software into the chip recognising generic cartridges and stopping the prints from progressing. The other brands like Brother, Canon, Epson etc draw special attention to the third-party ink by notifying the user with display messages. This can be worrying for novice users and cause them to uninstall the cartridges.
In the branded manufacturers defense HP claim by even providing the option of original or generic cartridges installation gives the customer the choice. Also, the new bottled ink technology where the customer stores the ink in the larger bottles and refilling the printer when required. Epson are leading this technology with the widely used EcoTank printers. Buying the ink bottles will hold up to 5-10 times the amount of ink saving the customer the same in ink costs. Brother and Canon both claim that the third-party cartridges designed by third-party manufacturers differentiate from the branded parts and in some cases the printer will not recognised these causing problems in printing. Although this view is not consistent with customer feedback on the overall performance of compatible brands.
There are no posted comments.
- In 2023, it’s time to get your CCSP certification
- 5 Reasons Why Web Development is Important
- PDA SCanners
- Top 3 Best Cloud Platforms for your Business Startup 2022- 2023
- Benefits of Online Backup
- 6 valuable tips for using an international SIM card in Ireland
- BEST WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES IN DUBAI
- Business Security Systems to Intercept Crimes in Ontario
- Four Ways Artificial Intelligence will Transform the Future of Project Management
- Drones For Me
- Top 9 Laravel Development Tools Developers Must Use in 2022
- How Do Smart Watch Measure Blood Pressure
- Data Collection and Migration with MDACA Data Flow
- Avoid Getting Your Cyber Insurance Payout Declined
- One measurable approach for sizing technical capability from business objectives.
- PESTLE Analysis of AT&T and its Subsidiaries
- Geospatial Analytics: Basics of Geospatial Data
- Boost Your Office Productivity with Employee Management Software
- WHY LOW-CODE AND NO-CODE ARE CONSIDERED AS THE FUTURE OF APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
- Nine Web Technologies That Every Web Developer Should Be aware of in 2022
- The Top Five WordPress Trends in Development to Watch for 2022
- A computer network and its components
- A computer network and its components
- HealthCare Apps: The Future of the Healthcare Sector in Singapore
- WHAT PROBLEMS DOES THE LARAVEL PHP FRAMEWORK PROVIDE TO RESOLVE?
- How to Select the Best ReactJS Development Company
- Know The Principles of a Good Website Design
- Find Out about the Eight WordPress Maintenance Tasks You Must Perform Regularly
- Best Documentaries about web development with GO VS RUST