How to Lose Weight
Health & Fitness → Weight-Loss
- Author Kevin Mccurry, Md
- Published October 25, 2022
- Word count 735
That’s easy, burn more calories than you take in. If you want to know how to lose weight permanently its the only surefire answer. How to do that is another question. By now, you may have already broken your New Year’s resolutions to healthier, be more active and lose weight fast. But it’s still early in the year, and it’s not too late to get started. It’s been said that it takes 27 days to establish a new habit. The new year is young, and we have many more days left to create those new habits, and eventually never have to ask “how do I lose weight” ever again.
Table of contents
-What is a Healthy Weight?
-Thank You, Captain Obvious
-Sit down and Put the Fork down
-Increase the Burn
-Mind over Matter
-Don’t Do This Alone
What is a Healthy Weight?
Great question, and that’s easy to answer by looking at your BMI. That’s body-mass-index, and you can see a calculator hereOpens in a new tab. ; a healthy BMI is 18-25, overweight is 25-30, Above 30 is obesity. Under 18 is underweight.
Thank You, Captain Obvious
There are the obvious things which you might consider, such as not eating after the evening meal, being careful with taking in processed sugars and eating more fruits and vegetables. But there are some other strategies related to eating that may help you learn how to lose weight for real. For example, start by dishing up smaller portions. Believe it or not, eating standing up tends to make people gain weight simply because they are usually in a rush, so they eat faster and don’t pay as much attention to what and how much they’re eating.
Sit down and Put the Fork down
It’s been shown that if you eat slower, your stomach-brain connection detects fullness earlier than if you eat quickly. If you eat very rapidly, you can shovel down a lot of food before you feel full. Whereas if you eat slower, you tend to feel full with less food. To help with that strategy, it’s pretty simple. Take a bite with your fork, put it down, chew up your food and swallow it, pick up your fork and start the process all over again. That by itself will slow you down a lot and keep you from eating more than your stomach needs to feel full. Additionally, drinking a full glass of water before eating will occupy some stomach space so that you have less room for food.
Increase the Burn
Increasing your activity will help you burn more calories. Even if it’s as simple as a 20-minute walk, Increasing your burning of calories above your baseline helps. Reducing caloric intake helps. That gets back to our number one bottom line up at the top.
Mind over Matter
There are also mental strategies as well, such as when you’re considering something to eat, ask yourself, is this going to help you lose weight or not. Additionally, some like to do what’s called intermittent fasting, which is essentially not eating food for a certain number of hours per day. Such as only eating for an 8-hour window or a four-hour window and the rest of the time fasting except for water. Initially, this will leave you with a hungry feeling, but eventually, this will pass and once you hit 27 days, it will have become your new habit. During your eating window you can eat what you like, but again, some discipline, can be helpful as well.
Everyone does better when they have a goal to shoot for. Make those attainable and not too far out of reach nor too grandiose or too big that it becomes discouraging. You can use a targeted BMI as a goal. Or, for example, you might aim to lose 10% of your body weight or perhaps 10 pounds. Once you’ve achieved that, you can set another goal depending on how much you would like to lose or need to lose for good health.
Don’t Do This Alone
If you can do this with a partner, it’ll make it a lot easier, and you can mutually encourage each other along your way. What’s stopping you from taking the first step on your way to a healthier you?
To your good health,
I'm Dr. Kevin McCurry. I’ve spent the last 30+ years helping my patients navigate complex medical issues. I am here to provide honest answers to your burning questions.
A brief history:
2022-Pres: Clinic Director | Arbor Health (AH)
2016-Pres: Chief Medical Officer | AH
2011-2021: ER Physician | AH
1993-2011: Family Med Physician | Riffe Medical Center
Interim CEO at AH, Morton Hospital
Clinical Instructor: UW School of Medicine & WSU College of Medicine
straighttalkmedicine.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Review Burning Fat Vs Burning Calories Weight Loss
- Review Transform Your Body with Yoga Burn: Home Workout Course Designed for Women
- 5 Effective Weight Loss Tips You Can Safely Adopt
- Remove Double Chin - With These Best Exercises and Methods, You Can Get Rid of Your Double Chin
- Exipure: The Complete Weight Loss Solution for a Healthier You
- 6 Natural Ways to Burn Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight: 4 Ways You Can Support Your Weigh Loss Program
- How To Burn Fat and Lose weight in 4 Steps
- Tор 15 Wеіght Lоѕѕ Myths
- LOSE WEIGHT WITHOUT HUSTLE
- Peaches baby food benefits
- How to Naturally Lost Weight Fast
- Lose Weight with Ikaria Lean Belly Juice – The Amazing New Way to Shed Pounds Quickly!
- A Keto Success Story - Danielle’s Weight Loss Journey
- The Best Exercises for Burning Belly Fat
- My Personal Experience with the Keto Diet: How it Changed my Life for the Better
- Achieve the body you desire: The ketogenic diet
- Revolutionary Discovery: The Real Key to Losing Belly Fat
- Unlock the Hidden Cause of Weight Loss Resistance: The Role of Toxic Ceramides
- Unlock the Secrets to Effortless Weight Loss: Stanford Scientists Discover
- How to loss weight for beginners
- "5 signs you may have hormonal imbalances and how HB5 can help"
- "Keto and budget-friendly: how to stick to a low-carb diet on a tight budget"
- The Ultimate Keto MealPlan.
- Gem Bottle For Special Hydration - You're Unique, So Why Settle For Ordinary Water?
- Lose Weight Fast and Easy with These Delicious Smoothie Diet Tips — Get Amazing Results in Just 21 Days!
- Breakfast Burn Weight Loss Supplement
- How to get rid of Belly Fat. 30 days workout
- All You Need To Know About Keto
- Abs Workout Plan For Older Men That Will Help Them Get In Shape