How Google Algorithm Updates Impact Your SEO
- Author Arun
- Published September 21, 2022
- Word count 755
If you're a webmaster, you're likely well-aware of how important it is to keep up with Google's algorithm updates because with each new update, there's the potential for your ranking to take a hit.
After all, these updates can have a big impact on your website's search engine optimization (SEO). And, in turn, your website's ranking on Google's search engine results pages (SERPs).
While it's impossible to know exactly what Google will do next, there are some common trends that you can watch out for keeping in mind that on the bright side, these algorithm updates also present opportunities for businesses to improve their rankings.
What are google algorithm updates?
Google algorithms are a complex system designed to retrieve data from its search index and instantly deliver the best possible results for a query using a combination of algorithms and numerous ranking factors to deliver webpages ranked by relevance on its search engine results pages (SERPs).
In order to rank content and evaluate results, Google uses multiple different algorithms, and each of those algorithms may contain multiple updates. Updates to various algorithms are typically released by Google multiple times per year, often impacting the rankings of websites that utilize the features or tactics that those updates were designed to impact.
In short, google algorithm updates are like a trick or treat. While they may be a trick for businesses and SEOs, they're definitely a treat for users. While businesses and SEOs will have to work on figuring out the major behind-the-scenes changes, users can simply enjoy the spoils of the latest update.
How Often Does Google Update Its Algorithm?
Google has made great strides in improving its algorithms over the years. What started as a handful of updates has turned into thousands of changes every year. Most experts estimate that Google changes its search algorithm around 500 to 600 times each year.
This not only demonstrates Google's commitment to providing the best possible experience for its users but it also means that the tried and tested methods businesses and SEO professionals used to stay on top of the SERPs no longer apply.
While some of Google's algorithms are quite well known and have taken on a legendary status by having a major impact on the history of SEO and the rankings (and revenue) of websites, most changes are small to the extent that some Google algorithm updates go unnoticed because their SERP impact is low.
Importance Of Tracking Google Algorithm
As a business owner or marketing manager, it's important to keep up with Google's algorithm changes. Why? Because these changes can directly impact your website's visibility and traffic.
Not to mention, your bottom line. Tracking Google's algorithm gives you the ability to make changes to your website and marketing strategy, so you can stay ahead of the curve and keep your website ranking high on the search engine results pages.
Google is constantly making minor adjustments to its algorithm, and there's no need to keep track of all of them. However, it's important to have a good understanding of major updates so you can make necessary adjustments in a timely manner.
Ways To Track Google Algorithm Update
There are a few key ways to track Google algorithm updates:
Check your website's traffic and analytics- If you see a sudden drop in traffic or engagement, it's possible that a Google algorithm update is to blame.
Check Google Webmaster Tools- Google will sometimes send messages through Webmaster Tools if your site is affected by an algorithm update.
Check online forums and SEO news sites- If there's chatter about a Google algorithm update, it's likely that your site has been affected.
Check your Google AdWords campaigns- If your campaigns are suddenly less effective, a Google algorithm update may be the reason why.
Speak Google- To understand how to improve your website's ranking on Google, you must first understand what Google regards as most important for a good user experience. By improving the factors that Google values, you can also improve your website's ranking.
Google Alerts- Setting up a Google alert is one of the easiest ways to keep track of any algorithm changes.
Performance Review Post-Google's Algorithm Change
After an algorithm update, SEOs are left scrambling to fix their sites. Here is a list of things to do to make sure your site is not affected and is accordingly updated:
● Check whether your rankings were impacted
● Research what is being said about the update
● Determine which ranking factors were impacted
● Improve the quality signals across all of your web pages
Pro marketer is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to SEO company Toronto. Our team of SEO experts will through multiple meetings with clients come up with a strategy that brings high-converting users to your website to increase quality leads, boost revenue, and optimize return on investment (ROI)Article source: https://articlebiz.com
- ChatGPT on Marketing: The first-ever published extensive interview with a machine on the subject.
- 10 Quick Tips For Creating Engaging YouTube Videos In Less Than One Minute
- Digital Marketing for Industrial Companies
- What Do You Want?
- Social Media Ads for Small Business
- The Impact of Strategic and Effective Communication To Non Profit organization
- SEO Services In India Are A Combination Of Quality And Expertise
- Get more Traffic and quality leads with Industry-Specific SEO
- Unlocking the Potential of Online Digital Marketing: Examples & Strategies
- 5 Reasons Your Small Business Needs Professional Photography
- Why social media engagement beats follower count
- What is in a Cannabis Vape Cartridge?
- How To Choose The Best All-in-One Design Software For Your Business
- Forex Trading 101: How to Get Started in Forex and Make Money
- How to Grow Your Business With Digital Marketing
- How Instagram Works If You're New To The Platform
- The 3 Golden Rules Every Marketer Should Follow To Succeed
- StoryBrand: Brand Message Guide To Reach Your Customers
- Your Online Business Fundamentals
- How To Make Money On YouTube: The Easy Way!
- How to Monetize a Website
- Black Friday Marketing and Cyber Monday Marketing Campaign Tips for Businesses
- 7 Strategies to Acquire New Patient Leads
- How Building Your Personal Brand Can Help You Escape from the Corporate World
- This is How to Avoid Falling a Fool whose Money are Soon parted by Con Artist in the guise of Online marketing Gooroos
- 6 Online Social Media Jobs That Pay Up to $50 Per Hour (No Experience Required)
- Should I use a website agency or freelance web developer?
- 4 Proven Ways to Grow Your Small Business Online For Free
- Reasons Why Online Advertising Agencies are relevant in 2022