What are anti-ligature blinds?
- Author Edward Wilkinson
- Published October 14, 2022
- Word count 293
Anti-ligature blinds are becoming increasingly popular in a range of different settings. The way these blinds differ from traditional blinds is that they are designed to prevent suicide by hanging.
Initially, uptake for this type of blind was largely restricted to high-risk environments such as psychiatric hospitals and prisons, where suicide is common. In mental health environments and detention centres, suicide via hanging is common and preventative measures must be implemented. A huge range of objects could be used to create a ligature point, meaning anti-ligature systems are highly important.
Over the years, anti-ligature blinds have been supplied to hospitals, schools, student accommodation and even hotels.
How do they work?
There are a range of different systems on the market, but the most reliable could well be the magnetic anti-ligature system. YewdaleKestrel® products utilise load release magnets which separate when a downward force is exerted on the product. This means that the product falls to the ground safely and prevents suicide via hanging.
The magnetic systems used in Yewdale's products are highly reliable because magnets don't lose their strength for hundreds of years, guaranteeing a lifetime of lifesaving functionality.
Anti-ligature blinds usually have a magnetic connection point above the blind's barrel. The blind is easy to reconnect to the magnetic bracket after it has fallen to the floor.
If you are considering an anti-ligature blind, Yewdale is a highly recommended company. Based in the UK, Yewdale produce a wide range of anti-ligature products, commercial blinds, and healthcare products including hospital cubicle tracks and medical curtains.
Yewdale produce other anti-ligature products too including a soft, lightweight en-suite door and other accessories such as soap dispensers, toilet roll holder, shelves and artwork. You can see the full range on the website using the link below.
I am the copywriter at Yewdale, a producer of anti-ligature systems, commercial blinds and hospital tracks and curtains.
View our anti-ligature range: https://www.yewdale.co.uk/cat/anti-ligature/?utm_source=articlebiz&utm_medium=antiligblindsArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to detect the nerve damage that can occur in diabetes?
- Choosing a kitten
- Facial Cosmetic Treatment & Your Big Presentation: Does One Influence the Other?
- Best blinds for schools
- Is a Plant-Based Diet Good or Bad News for Your Oral Health?
- Future of Semiconductors Trucks & Windshield Repairs
- How does hypothyroidism affect the body?
- What is hydroxychloroquine used for?
- Small Business Cash Advance Loans - Fast and Easy
- Can blinds reduce energy bills?
- The Federal Trade Commission and the health claims for the Gravity Defyer Shoes
- Best places to visit in Peru
- What is the germ theory of disease?
- Why social media engagement beats follower count
- How to deal with growing pains in children?
- A Pall Settles Over America
- How To Approach Removing Asbestos Removal in Sydney
- Understanding the Impacts of Gout
- How is Parkinson's Disease Treated?
- The Importance of Tree Service
- Drones For Me
- Dining Out with a Gluten Allergy? Here’s What You Need to Know About Vietnamese Cuisine
- What are the fluoroquinolone medicines used for?
- Things Every Future Owner Must Know Before Purchasing A Subaru WRX
- Skoda KAROQ vs Skoda Kamiq: Which Is Better?
- Why Should You Rent a MacBook?
- Things You Should Know Before Considering Laptop Rental
- Everything You Need to Know About Rice Noodles
- An Exciting Year
- The Windsors