Pharmacovigilance Advancement using Advanced Data Analytics
- Author Hany Higazy Khalil
- Published January 19, 2023
- Word count 240
Pharmacovigilance is the science of detecting, evaluating, and preventing adverse effects of drugs. Advancements in data analytics have the potential to significantly improve pharmacovigilance by enabling more efficient and effective monitoring of drug safety.
One way that advanced data analytics can be used in pharmacovigilance is through the use of natural language processing (NLP) techniques to extract information from medical literature and electronic health records. This can help to identify potential safety concerns more quickly and accurately, as well as to identify patient subgroups who may be at greater risk of adverse effects.
Another area where advanced data analytics can be applied is in the analysis of large-scale observational data sources, such as claims databases and registry data. These types of data can provide valuable insights into real-world drug utilization patterns and the potential safety risks associated with different drugs.
In addition, machine learning techniques can be used to identify patterns in drug safety data that may not be immediately apparent to human analysts. This can help to identify potential safety concerns more quickly and accurately, as well as to identify patient subgroups who may be at greater risk of adverse effects.
Overall, the use of advanced data analytics in pharmacovigilance has the potential to significantly improve the safety of drugs and to protect the health of patients. Further research is needed to fully understand the potential of these techniques and to develop best practices for their use in pharmacovigilance.
Hany Higazy Khalil is a researcher and pharmacist with, BSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences and MSc in Health Regulatory Affairs his MSc thesis is on Pharmacovigilance Shift From a Volume-based to a Value-based Focus Adopting Advanced Data Analytics. Working on his MSc in Health Data Analytics towards Ph.D. in Pharmacovigilance Artificial Intelligence.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Who will benefit from knee joint replacement surgery?
- How important is zinc to our bodies?
- What went wrong with the thalidomide drug?
- How To Choose One Contra Angle Handpiece
- How to get the best running shoes for you
- How to deal with restless legs syndrome?
- Keys for success in the Big Pharma field
- What is Parkinson's Disease
- What is a plantar plate tear?
- How effective is molnupiravir for COVID-19?
- Understanding the Impacts of Gout
- What are the fluoroquinolone medicines used for?
- Getting a diagnosis of fibromyalgia
- What is Duchenne's muscular dystrophy?
- Should we be worried about mad cow disease?
- Understanding Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Understanding Celiac's Disease
- Why Mosquitoes prefer some people more than others
- Fish Scale Cocaine – What You Need to Know
- Ways of Cannabis Consumption: How to Use Weed in 5 Different Ways
- Does diabetes affect the muscles and joints?
- How did Ebola get started?
- Wave Goodbye to Unsightly and Uncomfortable Warts with Homeopathy Medicines
- How to deal with a stress fracture of the heel bone?
- Can you get a blood clot from a COVID-19 vaccine?
- What are COVID toes?
- Using Heel Pads to Treat Sever's Disease in the Childs Foot
- Can the corn removal pads help get rid of corns on the feet?
- Can Reflexology Help Improve Your Health?