Is empathy over blown and exaggerated?
- Author Health 24/7 Today
- Published January 22, 2023
- Word count 635
American media makes a big deal of the human trait of empathy. We are reminded at every turn to always step in the shoes of our fellow people and look at the situation from their perspective. In fact, empathy is being kicked around so often in mass media that it runs the risk of being rendered meaningless. The more people repeat it, the more clueless people are about what it really means. It really is quite sad because empathy is necessary for emotional intelligence that directly affects the mind.
There are no two ways about it, this is an inescapable fact. If you want to become a more effective emotional person, and be in touch with your emotional intelligence and make it work for you, you have to know what empathy is and how to use it. Empathy means being able to look at any situation from the perspective of people in reacting with that situation. You may not necessarily like these people, and they may not have anything in common with you, but it doesn’t matter. What matters is that you are able to step out of the crushing gravitational pull of your own ego and pride to step into their shoes.
As you can imagine, this requires a tremendous amount of reprogramming because that’s not how people wire themselves. Most of us look at the world in selfish terms. We think the world revolves around us. In fact, too many of us think that once we die, the world dies with us because we’re no longer there to witness what’s going on. You know that that’s a lie. You don’t have to be a philosophy major in college to understand the concept of absolute truth.
The world existed before you, it exists now and will continue to exist long after you’re gone. That’s reality. How does this play out in terms of logic? Well, if you see a cat, it doesn’t really matter if it has stripes or spots, or has many colors or only one. Once you understand the form of a cat, you know that cats exist. The same goes with the world. If you can understand the concept of reality, then you know that reality exists whether you’re there to observe it or not.
The problem is a lot of people assume that they are the center of their universe. This is why empathy merely gets lip service. It’s very hard for us to stay away from the gravitational pull of our pride and egos. You would rather imagine that everything turns around us. This is why it’s really important to master the art of empathy. Ironically enough, to become a more empathetic person, you must first become more emotionally self-aware. In other words, to be selfless, you must first become selfish and self-absorbed.
Examine yourself. Are the emotions that you’re feeling what you think they are? Are you able to effectively communicate these emotions in an objectively clear way? Once you have answered these and other fundamental questions, can you make serious progress when it comes to empathy?
Make no mistake, if you want to become a better leader, more sexually attractive to members of the opposite sex, become a persuasive person all around, and otherwise live a more fulfilling and effective life, empathy is part of the picture.
The good news is you only need to click the link below to get the information you need to maximize your emotional intelligence. It is something that you can improve as long as you choose to. Get your FREE Book an awesome blueprint so as to make emotional intelligence maximize your chances of success in all areas of life and experience the benefits of a healthy mind.
- Avoiding Common Pitfalls: Tips for a Successful WordPress to Shopify Migration
- Intermittent Fasting: A Balanced Approach for Busy Professionals
- Cooking as a Form of Self-Care
- How Listening To Music Enhances Your Workout
- The Alleged Love Connection: Music Exec Zaviea Divinchi and KJ Smith from Tyler Perry's Sistas Spark Dating Rumors
- Spices: From Ancient Treasures to Modern Wellness
- Introduction to Architecture: What Kids Should Know
- Residential Junk Removal
- Once upon time there was Domain Driven Design…
- The Risks of Using StreamFab Crack Versions and the Importance of Legitimate Software
- Plastic Pollution and the Importance of Plastic Recycling
- Best Oven Cleaner London (2023): Revive Your Oven
- Eliminating Damp Smell
- Find The Best Feather Duster Now
- Blockchain and AI Convergence: A New Era of Innovation
- The Ultimate Guide to Wedding Entertainment Ideas
- The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Wedding Entertainment Tips and Tricks
- The Power of Music - Choosing the Right Wedding Entertainment
- Unique Wedding Entertainment Ideas to Wow Your Guests
- What is a dental filling?
- Learn to ride an e-Foil (electric hydrofoil) in New York; access, inclusion, and benefits.
- This Financial “FORMula” Will Help You Plan Around What Matters Most
- Discovering Romania by Car: Your Essential Guide to Car Rentals
- 06 Reasons Why the Role of Social Media is Vital in Public Relations
- Mobile Suit Gundam Watch Order: From Start to Finish
- Residency and Taxation in Andorra, Bulgaria, and the UAE - Tax Haven Options
- Interlocking Brick Driveway: Durability and Elegance Combined
- Fly Smart with AviaGuru: Your Ultimate Travel Companion
- Blind Date with A Salad Plate
- DEBUNKING HOME REPORT MYTHS