Why is it Critical to be Backing up WordPress?
Computers & Technology → Blogging / Forums
- Author Mickey Lieberman
- Published March 30, 2023
- Word count 875
When the topic of backing up WordPress is discussed, it means backing up everything, your WordPress Database, folders, and files.
It's something that everyone needs to do but so few people do it. People think it is a waste of time and that they will never need a backup.
You need to back up your WordPress site because it's better to be safe than sorry.
You might get hacked, you might need some kind of an old file that was deleted or even to see how your WordPress site used to look.
Your hosting company could go out of business. They make have hardware problems and not be able to recover anything.
You might have heard that saying, you are better to be safe than sorry.
It might seem tedious to back up a site and to spend those few minutes clicking a button for something that you might never use in the future.
But even if you back up a site every single week, you may never need to use that backup.
It's a good thing to know that if you had to use it if the worst happened, you could always have the means to recover your blog. back.
Even though it might seem like a waste of time right now it's only a waste of time if nothing goes wrong.
If you were to lose weeks, months, or years of your WordPress blog you would have wished you spent those few minutes generating a WordPress website backup.
The next thing that might happen is that you might get hacked and if you have ever had spyware or a virus on your computer, you might know that it's a pain in the butt to try to clear that off.
But an easier thing to do, if you ever get spyware or a virus or a hacker on your WordPress blog is to just delete everything and start over.
Now if you had a backup you could just restore your old WordPress Website.
Now maybe at some point, you accidentally deleted an article, deleted a video, deleted a graphic and you wanted to get back at it.
We've all been there, we've all lost files.
If you keep a weekly backup, your chances of losing files are very, very low because you don't have to worry about where things are stored or organized.
Just go back to when you remember you had that file, restore the backup somewhere, even on a test site, and grab the file that you need.
That's why it's so important to back up your WordPress database folders and files because you're better to be safe than sorry.
You might get hacked and it's important to have that old file for historical purposes.
How Often Do You Need To Backup WordPress?
For most people backing something up is a tedious job, no matter how hard or easy it is or how long it takes.
You have to remember to log into your site, back up the entire site, and then download the file.
How often do you need to be backing up your site?
The easy answer to that is that you should be backing up your site as often as you update it.
How often do you update it? That is how often you should back up.
If you update daily, backup. If you update monthly, backup monthly.
Decide if you're going to back up either weekly or monthly and make sure that you always back up before and after an upgrade to your WordPress software or before making a major change to your website.
Go back and look at your blog posts and find out how often you update your site.
Make it part of your routine and maybe even after making any posts, back up your blog.
That way if the worst happens you at least have everything up until you're more recent blog post.
In addition to these weekly or monthly backups you're making to your blog, be sure to back up your site both before and after an upgrade to WordPress itself.
It doesn't happen often but now and then, when you upgrade your WordPress software a few little things go wrong, and if your blog is completely trashed at least you have that backup.
For example, changing the theme, changing the navigation, changing the content around, it can't hurt to make one simple backup before anything is touched.
It is possible to break your WordPress blog. You could have changed too many things and it's now broken.
Now you need to get back to that earlier stage when everything was working. You want and need a working website for people to view.
Before and after you upgrade and when you make a major change you back up your site.
In addition, make it part of your weekly or monthly routine and back up your blog more frequently if you update your blog more frequently.
Keep in mind that many of the better hosting companies perform backups and some have 30 days worth of backups that they can restore for you.
You should have your own backups in case something happened to the hosting company or the backup they had did not have what you needed.
Mickey Lieberman is a full-time WordPress blogger and creator of WordPress blogs on legal and legitimate topics. My passion is writing about medical topics.
Currently, I have created 250+ blogs on various topics. There are more than 125 blogs on various Medical Topics and Cancer.
To get information about my blogs, Use this Link https://mickeylieberman.com
You can access a list of all of the blogs at https://mickeylieberman.com/Blogs Created.pdfArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Do You Need to Know About WordPress Security?
- How To Be More Successful At Blogging To Make Money
- How to Use a Security Checklist to Help Keep Your Blog Safe From Hackers
- What are the Best Reasons to Use WordPress?
- What Does Blogging Mean?
- What are the Best Ways to Promote Your Blog?
- What are the Best Ways to Optimize Your WordPress Blog for SEO?
- What are 7 Proven Ways to Make Money with WordPress Blogging?
- Why You Should Backup Your WordPress Blog?
- What are the WordPress Hacks That Every Blogger Should Know?
- What are the Steps to Setting Up Your Blog?
- How Do You Optimize Your Blog Posts?
- Why Does EVERY Blog Need the Duplicator Plugin Installed?
- What are the Ways to Move Your HTML Website to WordPress?
- How a malware works
- What Do You Do if Your Website Gets Hacked?
- What are the 10 Best Sources for Quality Content for Your Blog?
- What are the Various Types of Blog Content?
- What Could Happen If Someone Gains Entry Into Your WordPress Blog?
- Why is Your Website or Blog Content So Important?
- What are 10 Ways to Increase Traffic to Your WordPress Blog?
- What are the Hilarious Complaints about WordPress Blogging?
- How Should You Choose the Right WordPress Hosting?
- How to Troubleshoot WordPress and Fix Common Errors
- What are the Most Annoying Problems with WordPress?
- What To Consider When Choose a New STARTER Kit Vape
- Are There Security Tips Against Hacking Your WordPress Site?
- How Does Article Marketing Help Bloggers Get More Traffic?
- Why is Cloning a WordPress Blog a Real Time Saver?
- How Do You Secure Your WordPress Blog Against Malicious Attacks?