BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Asset Inspection Management
Computers & Technology → Technology
- Author Trishan Khan
- Published May 16, 2023
- Word count 853
Before the age of mobile technology, asset management was both difficult and cumbersome, today that doesn’t have to be the case; thanks to BLE and asset inspection management solutions.
BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology has ventured into both consumer and business sectors, with innovative and highly beneficial use cases. Mobile technology in the form of smartphones and tablets can now be paired and used with BLE beacons/devices to capture information about any asset. Similar to barcodes, QR codes and RFID tags, BLE uses a similar technology but a higher level. Instead of acting as passive devices that would normally require a user to be very close to the item to connect, BLE has a much larger range. By utilising a low energy beacon transmitting to nearby devices, the range can be extended from cm’s to hundreds of metres. Commonly available for use with iOS and Android devices, the BLE technology can truly transform the way that assets are inspected and managed; instead of having to effectively tap the RFID with a phone or scan a QR code at a close distance, the inspector/operator can be at a further distance. Whilst this may seem like a trivial difference, there are profound changes into how an inspection and maintenance can be carried out when there are numerous devices out of normal reach. If we consider anything that could be visually inspected from over an arm’s length away, BLE energy would allow data and information capture where normal RFID or barcodes may not be as quick/work at all.
Just like barcodes and QR codes, BLE tags are often designed to withstand rugged environments, with a small size, low weight, and long battery life. This means that any digital inspection can rely on these tags to be functioning no matter the physical environment or facility they may be being used in. If each BLE tag is attached to a specific asset, equipment or power tool, several data points could be captured simply by being in range and having the checklist ready. Information such as the location, condition, status, inspection history etc., can all be recorded using the pairing of a BLE tag and a mobile device. If an inspector has several assets to inspect that are the same, the official could for example generate a list of all the tags within the vicinity and compare the status or inspection history of each one. Without having to go searching for the barcode or RFID location on each asset, it becomes much quicker and easier to carry out any form of inspection. This includes any routine daily inspection, compliance check or quality assurance audit, or just tracking the equipment.
Users of digital inspections currently will realise the potential that integrating BLE, and asset inspection management can bring. Common paperless inspection features such as proactive notifications, as well as automatically suggested corrective actions can all be merged with the BLE technology. If an inspector or technician is in a facility and finds a deteriorated condition status on one of the assets via the BLE tag, the inspector can record this, alerting the repair teams as well as management staff. This means that replacement or downtime for maintenance can be scheduled as soon as possible, as well as management understanding what this means for Return on Investment (ROI) or business performance. At the same time to mitigate further deterioration in the condition, an automatically suggested, pre-configured corrective action can be issued to the inspection personnel on the spot. This action can be configured prior to the inspection, to give the inspector a stopgap solution at the time to take the best possible action. As well as the checklist recording this issue, the inspection platform would also be able to file this report in line with the asset’s inspection history, so that when it does come out of repairs and the next inspection is due, the inspector on that day will know the history. Integrating BLE technology may seem like a small change and upgrade from previous data storage via RFID, barcodes, but it can help to speed up data transmission and act as the next generation of inspection technology available for organisations.
With BLE and asset inspection management solution, there are numerous ways to integrate technology to work for your benefit. By pairing this equipment with a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet and a fully-fledged inspection platform, your business or organisational compliance checks can be quick and easy. To ensure that your routine checks or dedicated inspections are as powerful and future-proof as possible, consider BLE and asset inspection management alongside a premium inspection provider. By doing so, you can guarantee that the inspection processes are set up and tailored to your specific needs and requirements.
There are many different benefits to implementing BLE and asset inspection management solution to any facility or construction inspection process. Construction and facility inspections can become a quick and easy process.
To learn more about BLE and paperless solutions for construction and facility inspections, or how BLE & paperless can help your organisation, visit our website.
Trishan Khan, Business Development Manage with Techs4Biz Australia, has over 10 years of experience in the Information Technology. Trishan published several papers on the topic of Paperless solutions and automation. Mr Khan passions are new technologies and Crypto and personal interests are traveling, reading and playing badminton.https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Recognizing and Preventing Hard Drive Failure: Safeguarding Your Data
- MPMsoft to AllMed PM: Empowering Medical Practices with Comprehensive Billing Software
- The Rewards of Owning Your Own Medical Billing Business: Empowering Flexibility, Income Potential, and Software Excellence
- Off-Site Medical Billers: The Solution for Small Practices
- Streamline Your Medical Billing Process with Advanced Medical Billing Software
- Take a Step Towards a Greener Future with LED Lighting
- Creative Fabrica, AI Text to Image Generator
- From Predictive Maintenance to Autonomous Robots: Harnessing the Power of AI and ML in Manufacturing
- Elcomsoft Phone Viewer - View, Analyze, and Export Phone Data with Ease
- 10 Essential Features Your Ecommerce Website Design Must Have
- The Role of Telemedicine in Disaster Response and Emergency Care
- Seven Realities of CRM Success and How to Address Them
- Exploring the Potential of Virtual Reality in Education: Benefits, Challenges, and Future Developments
- How We Measure Software Quality
- 100 Days of Code: The Challenge That Made Me Question My Sanity!
- The Intersection of Technology and Education: Navigating the Future Together
- Why Webflow is the Right Choice for Medium to Enterprise Level Businesses
- A Quick Guide to Get Started With WordPress.
- Custom Software Development Company
- 15 Companies That Use Salesforce CRM and How They Benefit
- Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) in Construction
- Benefits of Integrating WebChat Into Modern Web Apps
- Benefits Of Managed IT Services and Why Businesses in Irvine Should Consider Them?
- Choosing the correct mobile device for your inspection requirements
- Top Essential WordPress Plugins for Basic Website Development
- Cryptocurrency success story
- The Kosher Smartphone: Your Ultimate Guide to a Tech-Savvy Jewish Life
- Game On: The Power of Gamification in STEM Education
- Why iOS App Development Services Are Essential for Your Business