What are The Most Important Pages to Include on Your New Website?
- Author Mickey Lieberman
- Published June 8, 2023
- Word count 848
Before you go about creating your blog, you must first address a very important item and that is your web hosting. This will be the company that will house all of the components that are a part of your WordPress blog.
What to Look For in a Website Hosting Company
When you're building your website, you might not think about your web hosting service too much.
The reliability of the hosting service is the difference between having your business website working for you 24/7 and one that loses business in downtime.
Here are 4 things to look for when choosing a website hosting company for your business.
- Work out what you need
Are you a small start-up company, or a big organization? Does your site have an e-commerce function? Choose a hosting provider that will accommodate your business growth and changing needs in the future.
- Customer service and Tech Support
If your website is down or there are technical issues your business will suffer, so look for a company that provides good support.
Being able to chat with someone live is best, or quick email service.
Don't choose a hosting service that only provides a support forum. Glitches of some kind are inevitable, so you need to be able to talk to someone to get it fixed fast!
Look for a hosting provider that will allow you to make changes to your site.
- Read the fine print
Another business basic but do make sure you check to see exactly what you're buying and look out for 'extras' that you might expect to be part of your package.
The other fine print issue is to make sure you can take your business elsewhere if you're not happy with your web hosting service, especially whether you can take your domain name with you if you leave.
Your domain name is your business' internet identity, that's pretty important!
Experts say there are many standard web pages that every business website should have.
Make sure your website has all of these, it will be set up to become one of your best business tools/assets!
This is where people will land and make the decision to stay and look around or keep going.
A brief overview of your business, who is involved, and why your business is different from your competitors.
What services does your business offer? Give a summary and put more details in separate landing pages.
Like the Services page, your Products page should give a clear, summary of what products your business offers with more detailed descriptions on separate landing pages.
An FAQ page enables you to provide succinct answers to questions people often ask about your business. Keep the questions and answers framed positively and honestly.
A page of testimonials gives you the chance to show off! Tell your customers that you are the best through other customers' reviews and recommendations.
Don't forget to let people know how to contact you or to find your business.
Outline how you protect your customers' privacy, including how you collect, use, and safeguard their data.
If you have or expect to have customers in the European Union, you are obliged to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Make sure your website is explicit on your acknowledgment of the GDPR and how you meet their requirements.
What to Include in Your Website Sidebars
The sidebar is the most important part of your website after your home page.
Sidebars are where potential customers will head to find out more, subscribe to your list, follow you on social media or buy your products.
There are some important things to keep in mind when designing your sidebar.
• Have the essentials visible. Where do you want people to go first?
• Make it clear. Catch your reader's eye but don't make your sidebar distracting. It's a path into your website, not the main event!
• Give visitors a purpose for clicking on your website. Give your reader something to do, such as looking at your products, subscribing to your list, or downloading a freebie.
So, what should you put in your sidebar? First of all, consider what you want your reader to do right now. Do you want them to sign up for a course, hire you for a project, or subscribe to your newsletter?
Many experts recommend you have no more than five widgets in your sidebar, including:
A profile or bio widget. Put a face to the business and make a personal connection with your customers.
An opt-in form. Make it easy for people to sign up for your list. Keep your opt-in up near the top of the sidebar and consider an incentive, a freebie, or a bonus for subscribers.
Social media links. A social media platform is a vital part of your marketing strategy. Make it easy for people to follow you.
A call to action. Direct your reader to your online shop, newsletter sign-up, or course material.
A search function. Make it easy for people to find what they're looking for on your website.
Mickey Lieberman is a full-time WordPress blogger and creator of WordPress blogs on legal and legitimate topics.
My passion is writing about WordPress and medical topics.
Currently, I have created 250+ blogs on various topics. There are more than 125 blogs on various Medical Topics and Cancer.
To get information about WordPress and my blogs, Use this Link https://mickeylieberman.com
A list of all of the blogs at https://mickeylieberman.com/Blogs Created.pdfArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Pitfall of a 'Woke' Chat GPT and Why Elon Musk's xAI Could Be the Game Changer
- What is the Best Blogging Platform?
- What are the Best Free WordPress Plugins?
- How to Choose the Best Niche for Your WordPress Blog
- 10 Tips for Maintaining a Successful WordPress Blog
- How to Make Money by Creating a Content-Filled Website
- What are the 7 Things to Avoid at All Costs with WordPress Blogging?
- What are the Secrets of Writing Killer Blog Posts?
- What are Common Sense Guidelines for Using WordPress?
- How to Optimize and Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
- What Makes WordPress an Incredibly Powerful Blogging System?
- What Are the 10 Scariest Things About WordPress Blogging?
- How is WordPress the Best Choice for a Website?
- What Do You Need to Know About WordPress Security?
- How To Be More Successful At Blogging To Make Money
- How to Use a Security Checklist to Help Keep Your Blog Safe From Hackers
- What are the Best Reasons to Use WordPress?
- What Does Blogging Mean?
- What are the Best Ways to Promote Your Blog?
- What are the Best Ways to Optimize Your WordPress Blog for SEO?
- What are 7 Proven Ways to Make Money with WordPress Blogging?
- Why You Should Backup Your WordPress Blog?
- What are the WordPress Hacks That Every Blogger Should Know?
- What are the Steps to Setting Up Your Blog?
- How Do You Optimize Your Blog Posts?
- Why Does EVERY Blog Need the Duplicator Plugin Installed?
- What are the Ways to Move Your HTML Website to WordPress?
- How a malware works
- What Do You Do if Your Website Gets Hacked?