The Role of NK Cell Activation in unexplained Infertility, Miscarriages, and Failed In Vitro Fertilization
- Author Dr. Ioannis John Toliopoulos
- Published July 18, 2023
- Word count 333
Dr. Ioannis John Toliopoulos, PhD, Post Doc, Reproductive immunology
The absolute number in the peripheral blood, the activation of the NK cells, and their number in the endometrium are 3 different indicators in reproductive medicine, and in fact very important in Infertility, in miscarriage, and in the failed IVF trials.
NK cells are a subpopulation of lymphocytes that express the CD56 + antigen on their cell surface. NKs are large granulocytes that originate directly from the bone marrow and circulate peripherally before entering specific tissues. NK is the predominant population in the endometrium and perishable (decidua) in early pregnancy. So when the NK is elevated in early pregnancy, these cells see the fetus as a foreign body and kill it or block the implant, resulting in miscarriage or recurrent pregnancies and ‘miscarriages’.
When even one of the above 3 biomarkers is beyond the normal range, then statistically the probability is very high that there is infertility in the couple, but also IVF fails, and the woman can miscarry the fetus up to 12 weeks of pregnancy. , In conclusion, NKs are considered to play a major role in regulating trophoblast cell movement.
The NK cell activation test measures the function-aggression of killing these cells, but also the ability of interleukin 2 (IL2) to stimulate and immunoglobulin γ (IVIg) to suppress the action of NK cells against the cancer line (K562 ), used as a ‘target’.
Global scientific studies have shown that increased peripheral and endometrial activity of NK cells is present in women who have had six miscarriages or failed IVF. Indicatively, about 40% of women who underwent IVF with a diagnosis of endometriosis had increased NK activity. The examination of women for the activation of NK, allows specialized scientists to apply a targeted therapeutic approach in order to regulate the function of NK cells.
Due to the difference of these 3 tests of NK cells, specialized scientists are necessary to evaluate the results and the targeted application of the treatment protocols because ONLY then can a successful and safe pregnancy be achieved.
Dr. Ioannis John Toliopoulos PhD. and Post doc in reproductive medicine is a molecular biologist that specialized in cancer immunotherapy and reproductive medicince, where he protects cancer patients and couples that have their IVF trials failed or have miscarriages. He established many diagnostic protocols for both cancer patients and couples that have problems in pregnancy. You can find him for full consultations via skype or viber in email:email@example.com.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Childhood Anxiety: Navigating Challenges with KinderCure's Expert Guidance
- Strengthening Your Child’s Immunity Naturally: Proven Tips from KinderCure Clinic
- Colic in Babies: Essential Guide for Parents by Experts at KinderCure
- Playtime Revolution: KinderCure's Guide to Boosting Child Development Through Play
- Colic Relief for Infants: Expert Parenting Tips from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Combating Childhood Obesity in India: Strategies and Success Stories from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Understanding the Importance of Early Childhood Nutrition: Insights from KinderCure
- Diaper Rash: Prevention, Treatment, and When to See a Doctor
- Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain and Nerve Pain Syndromes
- Revolutionizing Healthcare: The Personalized Power of Precision Medicine
- How Dentists Are Using Virtual Reality To Ease Dental Anxiety
- How to Use Careprost to Enhance Eyelash and Eyebrow
- 10 Benefits of a Folding Mobility Scooter
- Unlocking the Potential: A Guide on Utilizing Bulk HHC Distillate
- Bio-Resonance and Children's Health
- Ibuprofen: A Quick and Effective Solution for Lower Back Pain Relief
- THE NEUROSCIENTIFIC FOUNDATIONS OF DECISION MAKING: Well-Being in Patients with Anxiety Disorder and Depression
- Urgent Primary Care: Your Lifeline in Critical Moments
- 10 Great Reasons To Try Chinese Medicine Acupuncture for Fertility
- The Vital Role of Audience Understanding in Healthcare Marketing
- Cataracts: Clouding of Vision
- How to get a medical marijuana card online in Ohio
- Why live a Holistic Lifestyle?
- IMMUNOLOGICAL FACTORS AND TESTING IN REPRODUCTIVE FAILURE (IVF trials and miscarriages)
- Reproductive Coercion Has Impacted 50% Of Women Age 18-44, Suggests New Poll
- Panadol the ultimate pain relief
- Advancing Cardiac Care: The Role of EKG in Diagnosing Heart Conditions
- Eyelashes Strengthening After Extension Using Careprost
- Understanding the Importance of Preventative Care for Adults and Seniors.