How to keep your racing car’s engine clean without spending
- Author Vastine Chater
- Published December 26, 2007
- Word count 560
All those who engage in car racing,heck, all those who drive know the crucialness of a clean engine. In my case, a clean racing engine engine is synonymous to a flawless and speedy run. Over the years, I have learned through my dad, my uncle, my friends and my racing buddies ways on how to keep my racing car’s engine clean.
You may wonder that my dad did give some pointers considering he hates when I race. Well, I got it the old fashion way, I told it was for homework. Sounds juvenile and underrated, but it worked. And he did give me my first motor cycle. But then, that’s another story.
Engines of racing cars have some major differences compared to normal cars. One of the cutting edge parts of a topnotch racing car’s engine is the Tracecut software, that allows the duplication of ideal port and combustion chamber designs and also generates NC code which is needed to machine the profiles in aluminum heads. Well, I want to talk English here so let’s leave that part for my next post.
As I’ve said, I have collected through the years a number of how-to’s when it comes racing car engine maintenance. But mind you, maintaining a racing car is very costly. Owning a racing car is an investment. You’ve got to put your heart and soul into it, and your bank account as well. If you want to be a professional car racer, meaning you want to race in Daytona, then be prepared to write a huge amount in your checking account.
The advise that I’ll be giving is for your day-to-day living with your racing car. Have come up practical how to’s on maintaining your racing car’s engine right in your own garage.
Do a daily check of your tires.
Make sure your steering and front suspension are appropriately aligned.
Apply the thinnest viscocity recommended by your car manufacturer.
Always keep your fuel and air filter free of dust.
Use the appropriate fuel for your car. Gas is 3 dollars a gallon. There.
6.Don’t be easily fooled by tv car ads selling "must-haves". Consult with pros.
Don’t warm up your car more than the time it should be done. Just stick to the clock. Excess is not good.
- Start your day with a checkup
Do these ways possibly at the start of the day. That way, if you see any striking inconsistencies, you have the whole day to guard it at the mechanics. The ways don’t require any spending but a great deal of observation and feeling your car.
Telling from experience
Not trying to play the racing car specialist here. As you have seen, these are practical and simple ways to keep your racing car engine clean. The experts definitely have more sophisticated ways to maintain racing cars and some are kept within their walls. At the end of the day, keeping it clean matter the most. I know we all treat our wheels like they’re alive and kicking. Well, they actually are. For those who race, be it professionally or just for the passion, our racing cars are the extension of ourselves. And a clean racing car engine is the reflection of what we feel and think and act upon.
Though his life seem figured out and grounded as a neurosurgeon, Vastine Chater has two interesting and risky hobbies, motor and car racing. It is only in his blog about racing that he can openly share how he sneaks out to race in the mountains of Chengdu and all things imaginable and unimaginable about his motor and car racing.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?
- Best Tips for Cleaning Your Wheels