- Author Ken Marlborough
- Published July 20, 2006
- Word count 349
Modern-day automobiles are complex, as most auto manufacturers are using high technology to make the cars more durable. However, being machines, automobiles also encounter the usual problems related to breakdowns as well as normal wear and tear. Repairing automobiles can be very confusing and finding someone qualified to make the correct repairs is becoming even more difficult.
It’s a common proverb that “prevention is better than cure.” Similarly, the best way to avoid auto repair expenses is to be prepared and to amass knowledge about how your vehicle works and how to identify common car problems. It's also important to know a good technician, the kinds of questions to ask, and your consumer rights. Choosing the right repair shop is the most difficult part, and the best way to solve this problem is by asking for recommendations from friends, family, and other people you trust.
One can make telephone enquiries for the best deal, and compare warranty policies on repairs. While choosing an auto technician, look for shops that display various certifications, like an Automotive Service Excellence seal. Certification ensures that the technicians are acquainted with the basic standards of knowledge and capabilities in desired technical segment.
Auto-repair charges can be expensive; therefore, it is imperative that the consumer be updated about the prevailing repair charges. Mostly, these charges vary from one repair shop to another, as some shops charge flat labor charges, while others charge on the basis of the actual time the technician worked on the repair. Many repair shops also charge for diagnostic time. However, if the technician recommends expensive or complicated repairs, it is advisable to get a second opinion. Although repair shops do not offer any “standard warranty” on repairs, it is important to understand what is covered under your warranty and get it in writing. Furthermore, check with the Federal Trade Commission or your state or local consumer protection agency for information about your warranty rights.
It is advisable to prevent common troubles like leaks and smoke, overheating problems, flat tires and the like with proper maintenance and care of your vehicle.
There are no posted comments.
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?
- Best Tips for Cleaning Your Wheels