Checking your Tires on a Monthly Basis is an Important Safely Rule
- Author Peter Hayes
- Published August 1, 2006
- Word count 398
Tire care and safety is a simple and easy process. In fact the Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) recommends that you make a habit of checking them every month. It only takes five minutes. Remember to check the spare too! It is also recommended that you check your tires before a long trip.
Maintaining the correct pressure is essential. In fact under inflation can result in the tire failing. Check your owner’s manual to make sure you know the correct pressure required by your tires. When you do check the pressure make sure the tires are cool. The pressure goes up as the tires get hot from driving. This will give you an incorrect reading. Do not over fill the tire either.
Uneven tire wear can be caused by misalignment of the front or rear wheels. It can also be caused by faulty tire balance. Visually check your tires every month. If you observe uneven tire wear take you vehicle to your tire dealer for their expert opinion. If you notice extremely rapid tread wear this can also be caused by misalignment. While driving misalignment can cause your vehicle to pull or vibrate. If you notice irregular tire wear it is also good idea to have your tires rotated. Speak to your tire dealer about any issues relating to misalignment, tire balance and rotation. The general rule of thumb is to rotate your tires every 6,000 miles. However, always check your owner’s manual for their specific recommendation.
Worn tires can result in hydroplaning or skidding. You should replace your tire if the tread is worn down to 1/16 of an inch. At this point you will also see tread wear indicators appearing on your tire which indicates that the tire is worn out and is in need of replacement.
Other suggestions to maintain tire condition and prevent premature wear includes avoiding driving over objects on the road, avoiding driving over potholes, and avoiding driving over or hitting curbs. It is also recommended that you do not overload your vehicle when driving. Your owner’s manual will give you specifics on maximum loads for your vehicle. Pay attention to your tires. They are an important factor in the safety of you and your fellow passengers while driving. Always consult your tire dealer if you have any suspicions or questions regarding the condition of your tires. They are the true experts.
Performance Plus Tires offers a complete range of tires, wheels and accessories for any type of vehicle. For more information visit http://www.performanceplustire.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?
- Best Tips for Cleaning Your Wheels