Daily Skin Care Program- Beauty
- Author David Jones
- Published February 19, 2008
- Word count 572
Following the right skin-care program for your skin type will help you to properly cleanse, moisturize, tone, and protect your skin every day. Keep in mind that you may need to make adjustments as the seasons change. If, after following the program, you continue to have problems such as excessive oiliness, dryness, or frequent skin reactions (redness, breakouts), you may not have identified the right skin type. Or your skin type may have changed because of the weather. Refer to chapter 1 and review the information on skin types to make sure you've made the correct choice. Also, check whether the products you use regularly are actually suited to your skin type.
Oily Skin Program
• Cleanse your face two or three times daily with gel or foaming cleanser. You may select one containing glycerin, alphahydroxy acids, or betahydroxy acids. Pat skin dry.
• Apply an alcohol-free toner if oil persists after washing.
• Use an SPF 15 to 30 sunscreen spray or gel, or an oil free moisturizer containing sunscreen.
• Wash hair at least once a week. Avoid applying hair oils or pomades near fore head. Wear hair back from face.
• Optional: Exfoliate weekly with a clay or mud mask made for oily skin.
Combination Skin Program
• Cleanse your face twice daily with a light, nonsoap bar or creamy cleanser. You may select one containing alphahydroxy or betahydroxy acids. Pat skin dry.
• Apply alcohol-free toner to the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) if oil persists after washing.
• Use an SPF 15 to 30 sunscreen gel, or a light oil free lotion containing sunscreen, particularly on the cheeks.
• Wash hair weekly. Avoid applying hair oils or pomades near forehead. Wear hair back from face.
• Optional: Exfoliate weekly with a combination of masks one made for oily skin on the T-zone and the other moisturizing mask on the cheeks.
Normal Skin Program
• Cleanse your face up to two times daily with a light cleanser made for normal skin .
• Apply an oil free moisturizer only if needed in cold weather.
• Use an SPF 15 to 30 sunscreen gel, or a light oil free lotion containing sunscreen.
• Optional: Exfoliate weekly with a mask made for normal skin.
Dry Skin Program
• Cleanse your face once daily with a creamy moisturizing cleanser. Wash again at night if you wear makeup.
• Moisturize, while skin is still damp, with a rich cream or lotion twice daily or more.
• If you have not already, apply an oil or cream sunscreen, SPF 15.
• Optional: Exfoliate weekly with a creamy, moisturizing mask.
• Cleanse once or twice daily with an alcohol free, lanolin free cleanser.
• Apply a light, water based moisturizer free of alcohol, lanolin, PABA sunscreen, or fragrance.
• Use a PABA free, chemical free sunscreen with SPF 15.
Optional: Exfoliate weekly with a gel mask containing very mild ingredients, such as aloe.
• Cleanse no more than twice daily with an alcohol free, lanolin-free cleanser and lukewarm water.
• Apply a light, water-based moisturizer free of alcohol, lanolin, PABA sunscreen, or fragrance.
• Use a PABA-free, chemical-free sunscreen with SPF 15.
Many busy women of color don't have the time or the desire to spend several minutes in front of the mirror each morning with a time-consuming program. To keep your daily routine to a minimum, all you need are two essential products. Shop for a cleanser designed for your skin type and moisturizer with sunscreen (just sun screen for oily skin). You can supplement this minimalist's regimen with weekly masks.
There are no posted comments.
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix