Top Five of the Most Fuel Efficient Cars
- Author Steven Magill
- Published May 1, 2008
- Word count 525
With oil prices steadily climbing up, it seems logical to start considering fuel economy among the many criteria that consumers use for buying their next vehicle. Wise consumers are now eyeing at the most fuel efficient cars that the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) comes up with every year. This list pertains to cars that are capable of attaining the best gas mileage due to their specific features and engine performance.
Here is a list of the five most fuel efficient cars that are available in the market today.
Honda Civic GX
One of the main reasons why this particular Honda model has made it to the list of most fuel efficient cars is that it uses compressed natural gas unlike other vehicles. It has a fuel economy rating of 28 miles per gallon (of compressed natural gas). It comes with an at-home pump that you can use to tap into your home gas line to fill it up before you leave your home. However, since compressed natural gas isn't likely to be available in all gasoline stations everywhere, you will want to carefully plan your trips if you're going to use Civic GX. It may be one of the most fuel efficient cars but it can only travel 170 miles on a single fill-up.
Prius has always made it at the top of the list for the most fuel efficient cars from EPA. It has an overall fuel economy rating of 46 mpg, one of the lowest in the market these days. The mid-sized sedan features a spacious interior which has made it a crowd favorite as well. As one of the most fuel efficient cars in the market, Prius has an estimated annual fuel cost of $1019.
Honda Civic Hybrid
The Civic Hybrid features electric motors that maximize the potential of its small 1.3-liter engine. It is another one of Toyota Prius' direct competitors when it comes to rankings for the most fuel efficient cars. With an overall fuel economy rating of 42 mpg, one can easily surmise how it came to figure on the list for most fuel efficient cars.
Toyota Camry Hybrid
The Camry Hybrid has a fuel economy rating of 34 mpg which barely made it to the list of most fuel efficient cars today. Its battery pack, while a bit bulky compared with other models, is one of the main features that have made it figure in this roster of the most fuel efficient cars. It also features a fuel economy gauge that lets the driver know when its average mileage rises.
Nissan Altima Hybrid
The Altima Hybrid uses practically the same technology that the Toyota Camry Hybrid has but with a couple of different features. It also has an overall fuel economy rating of 34 mpg making it another one of the most fuel efficient cars among compact sedans. Altima is great to use for city driving. According to estimates, it fares better in the city when it comes to best mileage than when used on the highway. But with its superb engine performance, it has managed to maintain its place among the most fuel efficient cars available today.
Copyright (c) 2008 Steven Magill
Do You Want To Know RIGHT NOW How You Can Drive Around Using Less FUEL and Laugh At Rising Gas Costs,http://www.carsthatrunonwater.net/index.html While Reducing Emissions and Preventing Global Warming?Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?
- Best Tips for Cleaning Your Wheels