Choosing the Right Tractor Tire Chains
- Author Elizabeth Morgan
- Published October 3, 2006
- Word count 264
Tractor tire chains come in many of the same models, styles, and designs as other tire chains. Depending on the size and brand of the tractor and tractor wheel, a variety of tire chains can be found.
Like most other types of tire chains, there are many different options available in tractor tire chains. The most popular choice, and the most widely recommended, is two-link spacing with an optional V-Bar. Two link spacing means that there is a cross chain every second side chain link. Basically, it has twice as many cross chains as the four-link spacing, which only has a cross chain every fourth side chain link. The extra chains provide for a more steady, smooth ride and more steering control. The optional V-Bar chains are extremely helpful on ice, hills, and other hard-packed conditions. While V-Bar chains are available in both two- and four-link spacing, they should not be used on pavement since they can damage the surface of the road.
Kubota Tractor tire chains are available in the basic two- and four-link chains. Kubota recommends using tire chains and wheel weights in icy conditions. Even when using tire chains, drivers should still drive at a speed slow enough to maintain complete control of the tractor at all times.
For farm tractors, dealers recommend duo-group cross tire chains. These chains are not connected in the middle, so the pattern does not fall between the tread bars. Duo-group cross chains are recommended for field work, deep tread, off road use, and hilly conditions, making them the perfect choice for farm tractor tire chains.
There are no posted comments.
- Professionals Can Do The Best Job Of Overspray Removal at Just Like New Overspray Removal Inc.
- Innovative lightweight products to change industry dynamics for air brake systems
- 4 Essential Car Repairs to Avoid Future Problems
- Some Important Reasons for Investing in Tubeless Tyres
- Why It Is Important to Maintain Your Car Brake System Regularly
- Breakdown Recovery – How to Choose Your Optimal Car Recovery Solution
- Car Sound System: How to Get Better Sound Quality Without Replacing It
- 11 ultimate Guide about how to take care of your Car And Maintenance Tips
- Let's Make Your Old Car New Again
- Tips On How To Maintain Your Vehicle
- 4 Ways to Pump up Your Vehicle's Power
- Your Search for the #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
- Want to know to adjust the speed of wipers?
- Save Big with Easy-Run’s Fall Special!
- Tire Maintenance For Optimal Tire Life
- Beware Tires Expire
- The Heart of Your Car’s Ability To Keep You Warm - The Heater Core And it too can suffer from clogged arteries and stop working.
- Two must-see tips for motorcycle maintenance
- Analysis of clutch failure
- Car fuel saving tips every driver should know
- Adjustment and maintenance of chain
- Auto Wheel Alignment the most misunderstood auto maintenance item?
- Use A Windshield Sunshade To Protect Your Vehicle!
- The True Cost of Ignoring Vehicle Maintenance
- Keeping The Cost of Automotive Ownership Down - Create A Winning Partnership
- Car Maintenance - Do It Yourself and Save Money
- Bug and Tar Remover to Keep Auto Paint Looking Like New
- Why Wrap Your Vehicle?
- Can Speedy Oil Change Service Stations Be Reputable?
- Best Tips for Cleaning Your Wheels