Too much Information and too many diets
- Author Joel Riley
- Published September 10, 2008
- Word count 579
You may have wanted to start a diet many times in the past,
only to shy away from it because of some of the things
you've heard or the self-doubt you have to succeed. There
are many myths about dieting, and hopefully, we'll dispel
The number one myth people fall prey to is that you can
lose weight fast by eliminating as many calories as possible
from your diet or by starving yourself. This is an extremely
unhealthy way to go about it because your body goes into
starvation mode, shutting down as much weight loss as
possible. Some people only want to lose weight fast because
they have an outfit they want to fit into for a special
occasion coming up next week. Don't wait until the last
minute to start a diet.
A very harmful untruth about diets says that you must eat
one type of food, such as soup, mean, hot dogs, or even ice
cream. The diet prohibits you from eating anything else
except that food. This is very unhealthy as your body needs
other foods to be healthy. Eating only one type of food
deprives your body of essential vitamins it needs. You may
lose weight, but you could also do serious damage to your
body as well.
It's also been said that you must stay strictly to the
foods your diet calls for and you can never stray from those
foods or else you'll have to do five thousand jumping jacks
to burn off that piece of pie you ate at lunch. This is not
true. You can have a treat as long as you count the calories
and reduce the calories from your next meal. Exercise as
normal, but please, don't be a prisoner to your diet.
Don't let anybody tell you that eating before bed will
cause you to gain weight; that just isn't true. A healthy
diet means you are counting calories, exercising, and
keeping fit. If what you eat before bed is included in the
daily allotment of calories you are allowed, that will in no
way cause you to gain weight. It's all about the calories;
not when you take them in.
How about the one that says you can't eat anything between
meals? It's better that you do eat snacks. Eat smaller meals
throughout the day to keep your hunger satisfied. By
eliminating snacks between meals, you're only going to make
yourself hungrier at meal times, which cause you to eat a
lot more than you really need just to satisfy your hunger.
There's another myth that says you shouldn't consume any
dairy products at all because they're too fattening. Dairy
contains nutrients your body needs, so you should have some
dairy - n fact, some studies suggest those who consume, have
better weight loss success! Just make sure you limit your
amounts and go for the low-fat versions.
I hope this helps you to make a wise decision upon which
diet plan is best for you. Consult your dietitian or doctor
and they will help you to develop a healthy plan that works
I lost 40 lbs in 3 months with extreme dieting measures that almost destroyed my health. Spicy food + lots of milk that lead to serious diarrhea every day. I've been doing a bit of research after my dramatic weight loss experience and found that there's actually a PROGRAM designed to do what I attempted, except its basically more healthier and effective.
You can find that specific program at Weight Loss Insider. I recommend you take a look at this Weight Loss Programs and see what they have to say about what you should do to lose 40lbs in 3 months healthily!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 8 Tips to Enjoy a More Wholesome Diet For Rapid Belly Fat Loss
- Natural Diet Pills that Induce Weight Loss
- Buy Xenical Online- Best Weight Loss Prescription Drugs
- Natural Rapid Weight Loss Diet Pills
- 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Hips, Kicks & Sides
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: 3 Ab-Strengthening Workouts
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Basic Ways To Lose Weight Through Exercise & Diet
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: The Victory Stretch
- Eliminate Negative Thoughts And Lose Weight
- The Flat Belly Fix
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Burpees
- Quarantine Up
- 4 Most Effective Foods that Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight With Green Tea Fast and No Risk?
- Your muscles is your power and beauty!
- 7 Natural Ways To Lose Your Belly Fat
- 3 Big Diet Mistakes You May Be Making
- The Best Way To Get Sexy Female Abs
- 7 Health Pointers for the Fitness Women
- Best Diet Plan to Loose Weight
- The Powerful Keto Fat Burning Diet
- How to Know the Authentic Fat Loss Diet Pills
- 4 Simple Ways To Stay Motivated For Women
- Impact of Combining Hemp Oil on the Keto Diet
- What is H.I.I.T., the One Minute Weight Loss Routine?
- How to Benefit from Keto Meal Plan
- Paleo Versus Keto Diet
- Tea is born to lose weight
- Techniques for Rapid Weight Loss Success