Top 10 Tips To Losing The Extra Weight
- Author George Yeo
- Published September 7, 2008
- Word count 427
There are many reasons to lose weight, and losing weight is not as hard you as think. Before you go on your weight loss campaign, you need to know exactly why you are doing so. Some people lose weight for the sake of others. Others want to look and feel good about themselves. Most people do it for their own health. Whatever the reason is, it is important to note that you have to do it for yourself for sustained long-term effects.
Here are the top 10 tips that I have found useful. Here goes!
Choose an activity that fits into your schedule. It can be swimming, jogging, or walking your dog. The main idea is to do it consistently. If you are unable to do it on a regular basis, you will start to lose interest in the long run.
Eat 5 meals of smaller portions instead of the regular 3 meals. This will increase your metabolism as your body is working to digest food all the time.
Eat calcium-rich foods. High-calcium diets favour burning than storing fats. However, your diet should be of low-fat as well. Stick to low-fat, high-calcium food sources such as milk, cheese and dark leafy vegetables.
Refrain from deep-frying your food. Choose to boil,steam, stew or make a soup. If you are stir-frying, use olive oil instead of cooking oil. Olive oil can significantly lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart attack as well.
Avoid watching TV while having dinner. Research has shown that those watching TV and dining at the same time tend to 'over-eat'.
Cut down on sugar. Less sugar for your coffee. Less sugar-coated donuts. Less coke. Less, less, less.....
Eat slowly. The stomach will take some time to tell your brain that it has taken enough for the day. If you gulp down your food, you are probably over-eating. Have you have the instances when you over-eat and only realise it after a while? You feel bloated, swollen and just feel like throwing up even though you were OK minutes ago.
Take lots of vegetables and fruits. Snack on them instead of cookie bars or popcorn. Go easy on the salad dressing though. Salad dressings are usually high in fats and sugars.
Be active on the time. If you need a break from the computer, just do some stretching or walk around the office. Just move your butt!
Adopt a 'losing' mentality. By constantly reminding yourself of your purpose, you are getting closer to your goals each day. You will feel motivated and charged up each day.
George Yeo is a freelance writer and owns one of the largest review sites online. You can check out his latest review on how to lose weight http://www.askgeorgeyeo.com/howtoloseweight.htmArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Hips, Kicks & Sides
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: 3 Ab-Strengthening Workouts
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Basic Ways To Lose Weight Through Exercise & Diet
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: The Victory Stretch
- Eliminate Negative Thoughts And Lose Weight
- The Flat Belly Fix
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Burpees
- Quarantine Up
- 4 Most Effective Foods that Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight With Green Tea Fast and No Risk?
- Your muscles is your power and beauty!
- 7 Natural Ways To Lose Your Belly Fat
- 3 Big Diet Mistakes You May Be Making
- The Best Way To Get Sexy Female Abs
- 7 Health Pointers for the Fitness Women
- Best Diet Plan to Loose Weight
- The Powerful Keto Fat Burning Diet
- How to Know the Authentic Fat Loss Diet Pills
- 4 Simple Ways To Stay Motivated For Women
- Impact of Combining Hemp Oil on the Keto Diet
- What is H.I.I.T., the One Minute Weight Loss Routine?
- How to Benefit from Keto Meal Plan
- Paleo Versus Keto Diet
- Tea is born to lose weight
- Techniques for Rapid Weight Loss Success
- What is Calorie Deficit
- Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
- Free Natural Weight Loss Plans
- Losing Weight Doesn’t Have To Be Hard - Try These Simple Tips