Causes of rapid weight loss
- Author Rupali Wagh
- Published September 25, 2008
- Word count 421
- Weight loss due to gastrointestinal or digestive diseases and disorders
If you have a condition such as irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, Crohn's disease or colitis, you may have persistent diarrhea or other GI complications. These are likely symptoms of malabsorption and may lead to weight loss. A gastroenterologist can confirm or rule out the presence of these diseases. Viral and bacterial infections, hormonal changes and various digestive disorders can all make you nauseated.
- Hyperthyroidism causing weight loss
When the thyroid gland overproduces certain hormones, unexplained weight loss may occur. The thyroid hormones regulate every aspect of your metabolism, from your heart rate to how quickly you burn calories. When your thyroid gland produces too much of the hormone thyroxin, you develop hyperthyroidism. This condition causes sudden weight loss, even when your appetite is bigger than normal.
- Medication and a resulting weight loss
Certain types of medication, including some antidepressants, have been known to cause unexpected weight loss. Read the accompanying packaging on your prescription medications and talk to your pharmacist or doctor if you suspect this might be the cause of your weight loss.
- Weight loss as a result of diabetes or cancer
In some cases, undiagnosed diabetes is often preceded by unexplainable weight loss. Diabetes affects the way your body uses blood sugar. Even when you eat as much as usual, you may lose weight if your muscle tissues don't get enough glucose to generate growth and energy. This is especially true with type 1 diabetes, in which very little sugar gets into your cells. With uncontrolled diabetes, sugar lost in the urine may also contribute to weight loss.
With certain types of cancer, both the disease and the treatments may contribute to weight loss. With either diabetes or cancer, you might not "feel sick," but losing weight could be an indication that you are sick. . Many types of cancer cause unintentional weight loss, including cancers of the pancreas, gallbladder and stomach. Cancer treatment may have the same effect.
- Changes in diet or activity level.
Skipping meals, eating on the run, eating less fat or preparing food in new ways may contribute to unexpected weight loss. A particularly hectic schedule may cause you to drop a few pounds as well.
What should you do if you are losing weight unintentionally? Losing more than 10% of your weight over a period of six months is cause for concern. If this happens, you should talk to your doctor, regardless of how old you are.
You can also loose weight due to stress, anxiety and Poor diet
I am working as Search Engine Optimizer Of http://www.gingerlist.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Reinforcing Positive Change
- Slump Busting
- Easy Weight Loss
- 8 Tips to Enjoy a More Wholesome Diet For Rapid Belly Fat Loss
- Natural Diet Pills that Induce Weight Loss
- Buy Xenical Online- Best Weight Loss Prescription Drugs
- Natural Rapid Weight Loss Diet Pills
- 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Hips, Kicks & Sides
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: 3 Ab-Strengthening Workouts
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Basic Ways To Lose Weight Through Exercise & Diet
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: The Victory Stretch
- Eliminate Negative Thoughts And Lose Weight
- The Flat Belly Fix
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Burpees
- Quarantine Up
- 4 Most Effective Foods that Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight With Green Tea Fast and No Risk?
- Your muscles is your power and beauty!
- 7 Natural Ways To Lose Your Belly Fat
- 3 Big Diet Mistakes You May Be Making
- The Best Way To Get Sexy Female Abs
- 7 Health Pointers for the Fitness Women
- Best Diet Plan to Loose Weight
- The Powerful Keto Fat Burning Diet
- How to Know the Authentic Fat Loss Diet Pills
- 4 Simple Ways To Stay Motivated For Women
- Impact of Combining Hemp Oil on the Keto Diet
- What is H.I.I.T., the One Minute Weight Loss Routine?
- How to Benefit from Keto Meal Plan