Quit Smoking and Keep off the Weight
- Author Joel Riley
- Published September 10, 2008
- Word count 558
So you want to quit smoking but you don't want to gain a
bunch of weight in the process. That is probably the
biggest fear among all people who want to quit smoking; that
they'll gain a ton of weight and not be able to lose it.
They figure it is better to be a smoker and thin than to be
a non-smoker and over-weight, so they decide to not quit.
There are simple reasons why people gain weight when they
quit smoking and in the following I will explain some of
those reasons and how to avoid them.
First and foremost, nicotine is an appetite suppressant and
a stimulant. Your metabolism increases slightly when you
smoke. Once you quit, your metabolism decreases and your
Stress is a key component to why we gain weight when we
quit smoking. Most smokers, when they get stressed out,
will reach for a cigarette to ease the stress, but when you
quit smoking, you substitute the cigarette for food.
To pacify these cravings, food is usually the substitute.
High calorie, high sugar foods such as candy are most often
the replacement as it's quick to get, quick to eat and quick
to give you that little buzz.
The problem is, since you quit smoking and your metabolism
has slowed down, you aren't burning those calories, so they
build up and this is why you gain weight. If you want to
quit smoking and not gain weight you have to figure out the
reasons why you are eating in place of smoking and get
control of that.
If a craving comes on, go for a long walk or listen to
relaxing music. Read a book or start a low stress project
to keep your mind occupied. Whatever you do, keep busy.
When an overactive appetite becomes a problem after you quit
smoking then consider snacking on healthier foods.
Some alternatives to sugar snacks are things like
vegetables, fruit, dried fruit, and low calories types of
food. Cherry tomatoes are a great snack to keep around.
Dried fruit can satisfy your sweet tooth as well, with its
Healthier choices for snacks will stop the scale from
reading higher than you want it to. Sometimes weight gain
becomes inevitable for a smoker who recently quit. If you
start an exercise regimen right away, you can avoid gaining
more weight and it can help lose the few pounds that have
crept up since you quit smoking.
Drink lots of water in between meals to help fill you up so
you won't feel too much of an urge to eat tempting foods.
Smoking can be a habit of the past without replacing it with
tons of food. Eating sensibly, keeping busy and exercise
will help you quit smoking and keep those extra pounds off.
A strong mind will produce a strong body.
I lost 40 lbs in 3 months with an extreme weight loss diet that almost destroyed my health. I took spicy food and milk together which led to serious diarrhea everyday. I've been doing a bit of research after my dramatic weight loss experience and found that there's actually a PROGRAM designed to do what I attempted, except its basically more healthier and effective. Check out my #1 picks Weight Loss Programs for men and women to find out what are those diets.
I lost 40 lbs in 3 months with an extreme weight loss diet that almost destroyed my health. I took spicy food and milk together which led to serious diarrhea everyday. I've been doing a bit of research after my dramatic weight loss experience and found that there's actually a PROGRAM designed to do what I attempted, except its basically more healthier and effective.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 8 Tips to Enjoy a More Wholesome Diet For Rapid Belly Fat Loss
- Natural Diet Pills that Induce Weight Loss
- Buy Xenical Online- Best Weight Loss Prescription Drugs
- Natural Rapid Weight Loss Diet Pills
- 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Hips, Kicks & Sides
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: 3 Ab-Strengthening Workouts
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Basic Ways To Lose Weight Through Exercise & Diet
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: The Victory Stretch
- Eliminate Negative Thoughts And Lose Weight
- The Flat Belly Fix
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Burpees
- Quarantine Up
- 4 Most Effective Foods that Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight With Green Tea Fast and No Risk?
- Your muscles is your power and beauty!
- 7 Natural Ways To Lose Your Belly Fat
- 3 Big Diet Mistakes You May Be Making
- The Best Way To Get Sexy Female Abs
- 7 Health Pointers for the Fitness Women
- Best Diet Plan to Loose Weight
- The Powerful Keto Fat Burning Diet
- How to Know the Authentic Fat Loss Diet Pills
- 4 Simple Ways To Stay Motivated For Women
- Impact of Combining Hemp Oil on the Keto Diet
- What is H.I.I.T., the One Minute Weight Loss Routine?
- How to Benefit from Keto Meal Plan
- Paleo Versus Keto Diet
- Tea is born to lose weight
- Techniques for Rapid Weight Loss Success