Weight Loss: Hunger at 2 am
- Author Joel Riley
- Published September 10, 2008
- Word count 522
12:30 A.M. You look at the clock and decide to head to the
fridge for a little snack. Satisfied, you return to bed
until morning. Sound familiar? If so, then you're one of
millions who are guilty of this simple indulgence.
Breaking yourself of the habit of midnight snacking can be
difficult to do, but it CAN be done. It'll take some
persistence and patience to achieve your goal. Depending on
how severe your cravings are, it can take as little as two
weeks, or up to two months to control them.
Some people might call "midnight snacking" a bad habit, but
the truth of it is, it's not a habit at all. Your body is
trying to tell you something; it's telling you to eat more
during the day and that you should be getting more calories
than what you've been taking in. Your body requires a
certain amount of calories to sustain your body through the
night and if you aren't getting that, your belly will tell
One way to restrain yourself from late night munching is to
eat several smaller meals during the day. In doing this, you
get the calories you need and your stomach isn't empty.
It's also healthier to eat this way than to eat a few big
meals during the day.
Eating a large dinner will delay digestion and hinder your
sleep. Eating a high-carb snack at bedtime, such as fruit
or crackers, can help you sleep better and keep your stomach
at rest until morning.
You've always heard that a hot or warm glass of milk will
help you fall asleep. This is true for a couple of reasons.
It helps you feel relaxed and it makes your stomach feel
full. On the other hand, having a drink, such as an alcohol
beverage might relax you, but alcohol actually makes you
hungrier as well as adds calories you don't need
If you think that after dinner cup of coffee is a nice
relaxing part of your evening; think again. Caffeine is a
stimulant and will make you restless. If you must have
something to drink in the middle of the night or before bed,
drink a large glass of water. This will give your stomach a
If water or the warm milk doesn't help you to fall back to
sleep, you might try an optional solution such as reading or
listening to music. You should also not lay in bed awake;
wait until you feel like you can fall asleep quickly before
you lay down. It will take some practice and patience, but
eventually you will be sleeping soundly all night long.
I lost 40 lbs in 3 months with an extreme weight loss diet that almost destroyed my health. I took spicy food and milk together which led to serious diarrhea everyday. I've been doing a bit of research after my dramatic weight loss experience and found that there's actually a PROGRAM designed to do what I attempted, except its basically more healthier and effective. Check out my #1 picks Weight Loss Programs for men and women to find out what are those diets.
I lost 40 lbs in 3 months with an extreme weight loss diet that almost destroyed my health. I took spicy food and milk together which led to serious diarrhea everyday.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Hips, Kicks & Sides
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: 3 Ab-Strengthening Workouts
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Basic Ways To Lose Weight Through Exercise & Diet
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: The Victory Stretch
- Eliminate Negative Thoughts And Lose Weight
- The Flat Belly Fix
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Burpees
- Quarantine Up
- 4 Most Effective Foods that Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight With Green Tea Fast and No Risk?
- Your muscles is your power and beauty!
- 7 Natural Ways To Lose Your Belly Fat
- 3 Big Diet Mistakes You May Be Making
- The Best Way To Get Sexy Female Abs
- 7 Health Pointers for the Fitness Women
- Best Diet Plan to Loose Weight
- The Powerful Keto Fat Burning Diet
- How to Know the Authentic Fat Loss Diet Pills
- 4 Simple Ways To Stay Motivated For Women
- Impact of Combining Hemp Oil on the Keto Diet
- What is H.I.I.T., the One Minute Weight Loss Routine?
- How to Benefit from Keto Meal Plan
- Paleo Versus Keto Diet
- Tea is born to lose weight
- Techniques for Rapid Weight Loss Success
- What is Calorie Deficit
- Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
- Free Natural Weight Loss Plans
- Losing Weight Doesn’t Have To Be Hard - Try These Simple Tips