Hypnotism and Fat Loss Program
- Author Nick Mutt
- Published September 24, 2008
- Word count 452
Once you have decided to reduce your weight or burn extra fat, the first thing that generally comes in your mind is that you have now to start dieting. This is the very common thinking that comes to almost all the people who are concerned about losing their weight. But is dieting so simple? You will be surprised to know that about half of the people fail to follow diet plans at the initial stage of their fat loss program. Here will discuss the causes behind such failure and how we can deal with such situation.
Many of us try to seek, in food, a solution to our psychological problems or adversities of life. Also sometime we are not able to resist the temptation to eat tasty food in spite of the fact that we are fully aware that obesity is a dangerous disease. The treatment of obesity through hypnosis can be helpful in both the situation.
Many psychiatrists resort to hypnotism in the treatment of obesity. First of all, the psychiatrist takes the fat patient into a state of sub consciousness.
Thereafter, the person is given a post-hypnotic suggestion that after recovering from the consciousness his liking for sugar, biscuits, sweets, cake and other carbohydrates would disappear and subconscious mind of the patient grasps those suggestions. After recovering from the hypnotic state when he goes home, he finds that he has developed an aversion for the above-mentioned carbohydrate foods. He is, thus, able to exercise dietary control easily and that helps him in reducing his weight.
This process of giving post-hypnotic suggestion has to be repeated from time to time. As long as the effect of the suggestions lasts, the patient has no problem in dieting. However, if the effect of the suggestions becomes too intense, sometimes the patient may develop an aversion to food altogether and this might lead him to starvation. However, such a situation generally does not arise.
But, it is more desirable that the patient himself faces his problems and tries to solve them. Dieting under the hypnotic suggestions is a passive act and the patient has no active participation in it.
However, in rare cases, where a patient is suffering from a psychological disorder or is unable to reduce his weight due to his weakness to resist the temptation to eat, hypnosis can be employed under the care of a proper expert. And it is only the expert who can decide in which case hypnosis is necessary and in which case it is not necessary.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Hips, Kicks & Sides
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: 3 Ab-Strengthening Workouts
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Basic Ways To Lose Weight Through Exercise & Diet
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: The Victory Stretch
- Eliminate Negative Thoughts And Lose Weight
- The Flat Belly Fix
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Burpees
- Quarantine Up
- 4 Most Effective Foods that Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight With Green Tea Fast and No Risk?
- Your muscles is your power and beauty!
- 7 Natural Ways To Lose Your Belly Fat
- 3 Big Diet Mistakes You May Be Making
- The Best Way To Get Sexy Female Abs
- 7 Health Pointers for the Fitness Women
- Best Diet Plan to Loose Weight
- The Powerful Keto Fat Burning Diet
- How to Know the Authentic Fat Loss Diet Pills
- 4 Simple Ways To Stay Motivated For Women
- Impact of Combining Hemp Oil on the Keto Diet
- What is H.I.I.T., the One Minute Weight Loss Routine?
- How to Benefit from Keto Meal Plan
- Paleo Versus Keto Diet
- Tea is born to lose weight
- Techniques for Rapid Weight Loss Success
- What is Calorie Deficit
- Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
- Free Natural Weight Loss Plans
- Losing Weight Doesn’t Have To Be Hard - Try These Simple Tips