Medications that help quitting smoking
- Author Olivia Andrews
- Published November 5, 2006
- Word count 295
Nicotine addiction is a commonly found health hazard found among people across the world. There is a continous rise in the number of people who are chain smokers and every year many people even die due to this addiction.
Each year, millions of people make a promise to them about leaving this addiction but mostly they try and fail due to conventional smoking cessation approaches. These methods include use of nicotine gum, patches, counseling or behaviour modification. Some people even try out methods such as accupuncture needles stuck in their bodies or nicotine averse images being implanted in their minds with unconventional thoughts of conquering their nicotine carvings.
Medications such as Chantix and Zyban also prove to be helpful for smoking cessation. Zyban works better because it holds bupropion that acts as an antidepressant. It boosts up the level of chemical messengers in the brain and therefore there is a nicotine withdrawl symptoms experienced among smokers and a weakened urge to smoke.
Studies show that Zyban used along with a nicotine replacement greatly helps one to quit smoking. If you are suffering from seizures or eating disorder or are heavily alcoholic, then studies have proved that one should not take Zyban. Pregnant women or breast-feeding mothers should also avoid taking Zyban.
Zyban treatment usually starts when the person smokes and withdrawal symptoms are seen within two weeks. This tablet can be swallowed or crushed and chewed but the later could reduce the activity of the medicine or increase its side effects. Taking smoking cessation medicines and their support programs shall make you free of this drug nicotine abuse.
Even though Zyban is an effective FDA approved medicine, it should be taken only after consulting a medical practitioner to avoid any sort of severe side effects.
Olivia Andrews, writing for http://www.benzer11.com/zyban.html is a freelance journalist and has written many reviews on subjects such as finance, education, health, entertainment, music, gifts, crafts, travel, apparels and mobile phones.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?