Activated Charcoal Medicinal Uses
- Author Kim Walsh
- Published May 20, 2009
- Word count 511
Activated charcoal is a small black substance created from coconut shells, wood chips, or nut shells. It is created by burning these substances in a climate that is without the presence of oxygen. Once the chemical process is completed the activated charcoal is able to bind to and absorb substance much greater than the size of the particle. For centuries natural charcoal has been used for the treatment of ailments and injuries. However, activated charcoal is the now the number one treatment of poisonings and overdoses. It is a very effective means of treating these unfortunate conditions.
Chemical Poisoning Uses
Every year thousands of children suffer from ingestion of chemical products in the home. These products can range from floor cleaners to hair dyes. Once ingested these products can work like an acid and cause permanent damage or even death to humans. However, by ingesting activated charcoal these substances can be absorbed very quickly before too much damage is done. Activated charcoal is safe for human consumption and has very few side effects when ingested. The most common side effect is constipation which is much better than the alternative damage that can be suffered. It is now possible for parents to buy tablets or granules of activated charcoal and keep it in the home in case of an emergency.
Over Dose Uses
Even with the greatest amount of caution and care it is possible for an overdose to occur. While some people will overdose intentionally a number of cases occur purely from accident. With so many medications on the market today it is very east to confuse on pill for another. For someone taking several different medications, this is a real risk. Luckily, if this does happen activated charcoal can now be used to remove the extra medications from the system. It can be ingested orally and will work as it goes down through the body. It will absorb all the medication and stop the process of overdose before it can even begin.
Natural Poisoning Uses
For those who live in rural areas the risk or snake or spider bite can be very real. Activated charcoal works to remove natural poisoning in the same way it does medical or chemical. However, activated charcoal can also be used on the surface of the bite to draw the poisons out. Individuals can use this life saving particle. However, many hospitals are already using this treatment for the removal of natural poisons.
There are many ways that activated charcoal can provide life saving assistance from poisons or chemicals. This product is much safer than alternative methods of stomach pumping or other chemical substances. Rather than trying to fight one drug or chemical with another activated charcoal can be used. While activated charcoal can cause stomach upset, cramps, vomiting, or constipation it is the safest means of removing toxins from the body. Many people even use it when they have a stomach upset due to eating a bad product or food. It is very effective at removing many types of contaminates from the GI tract.
There are no posted comments.
- Unlocking Healthier Futures: Iron Nutrition for Children at KinderCure
- The Dangers of Drug and Alcohol Detox
- Top 7 Latest List of Medical Billing Companies in the USA
- Managing Lactose Intolerance in Children: Expert Guide by KinderCure
- Research-Based Medical Thesis Are Becoming More Important in Chicago to Advance Healthcare
- Revolutionizing Medicine: Breakthroughs in Innovative Diagnostic Technologies
- Childhood Anxiety: Navigating Challenges with KinderCure's Expert Guidance
- Strengthening Your Child’s Immunity Naturally: Proven Tips from KinderCure Clinic
- Colic in Babies: Essential Guide for Parents by Experts at KinderCure
- Playtime Revolution: KinderCure's Guide to Boosting Child Development Through Play
- Colic Relief for Infants: Expert Parenting Tips from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Combating Childhood Obesity in India: Strategies and Success Stories from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Understanding the Importance of Early Childhood Nutrition: Insights from KinderCure
- Diaper Rash: Prevention, Treatment, and When to See a Doctor
- Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain and Nerve Pain Syndromes
- Revolutionizing Healthcare: The Personalized Power of Precision Medicine
- How Dentists Are Using Virtual Reality To Ease Dental Anxiety
- How to Use Careprost to Enhance Eyelash and Eyebrow
- 10 Benefits of a Folding Mobility Scooter
- Unlocking the Potential: A Guide on Utilizing Bulk HHC Distillate
- Bio-Resonance and Children's Health
- Ibuprofen: A Quick and Effective Solution for Lower Back Pain Relief
- THE NEUROSCIENTIFIC FOUNDATIONS OF DECISION MAKING: Well-Being in Patients with Anxiety Disorder and Depression
- Urgent Primary Care: Your Lifeline in Critical Moments
- 10 Great Reasons To Try Chinese Medicine Acupuncture for Fertility
- The Vital Role of Audience Understanding in Healthcare Marketing
- Cataracts: Clouding of Vision
- How to get a medical marijuana card online in Ohio
- Why live a Holistic Lifestyle?
- IMMUNOLOGICAL FACTORS AND TESTING IN REPRODUCTIVE FAILURE (IVF trials and miscarriages)