Why Should We Add in Extra Tofu into Our Diet?
- Author Bruce Fredson
- Published June 19, 2009
- Word count 485
Is there anyone of you who do not recognize what tofu is? Come on, this type of food has turned out somewhat of a common phenomenon. There may be not lots of people who have ever taste it but most of them have ever heard of it. If you want to taste it, but do not know how to serve it, there are lots of tofu recipes you can find. However, we will not discuss about it here, we will talk about tofu itself.
In the US, tofu is most generally consumed by vegetarians as well as vegans. This food has long been a staple in China as well as Japan. The nutritionists state that it has lots of benefits and can contribute to healthy lifestyle. The raising inquiry is that; must we add in more tofu into our diet?
An Asian Delicacy
Established in China during the T’ang or early Sung dynasty (between AD 618 and 1125), tofu was mainly an Asian delicacy. It was somebody who mixed bean milk with sea salt and it then resulted the popular meat replacement for Buddhists. This food turned into a staple in Asian People diets since they turned into alert to its nutritional value. Presumably, it was spread to other parts of Asia by Buddhist missionaries.
A New Purpose
In the very past, tofu was served as a meat replacement for those who had religious responsibilities against the consumption of meat. It is still served in the very same principle nowadays, but the reasoning is not merely religious. A lot of people have moral obligations against consuming meat, and have thus chosen to lead a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle.
Those who have made this choice deem tofu as an adaptable ingredient featured in all forms of recipes. This is because it can be a great replacement for meat and a variety of dairy products. It is easily versatile for lots of different cooking purposes since it comes in a large variety of textures. The ingredient can be used to make replacements for eggs, mayonnaise, milk, meat, yogurt, heavy cream, cottage cheese, soft cheeses, salad dressings, meatballs, toppings, sauces, pie fillings, and even puddings.
A Versatile Ingredient
Tofu appeals to so many people since it is one of the most versatile ingredients. Due to its texture, it can soak up the flavors of other meals as well as ingredients. As well, since it comes in both firm as well as soft varieties, it can be used to make anything from soup to veggie burgers.
Food For Everyone
People tend to deem tofu as food only for vegetarians, vegans, or health freaks so far. In fact, everyone will most likely like it only if they give it a chance since it is not only healthy but also mouthwatering.
Thus, does the above-mentioned information still not satisfy your need in knowing about tofu? Explore more the suitable information herein!
There are no posted comments.
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water